Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 12 Oct 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1431927)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FRenault Winter Series

The UK Formula Renault Winter Series kicks off in just over 3 weeks and as yet there are no entries confirmed, I understand that registation for the championship close on the 27th of this month. Has anyone heard who the runners and riders are?
Old 13 Oct 2005, 00:10 (Ref:1432284)   #2
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where is it running this year?
Old 13 Oct 2005, 07:07 (Ref:1432386)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The first round is at Brands on 5/6 Nov and it then moves on to Croft on 13 Nov.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 08:51 (Ref:1432468)   #4
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have a free entry but as of yet still no backing for the rest of the drive, there will be plenty of others from BARC series aswell such as dean stirling, matt russell, nick wilckox & i believe alex morgan
Old 25 Oct 2005, 07:40 (Ref:1442799)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Has anyone got any further news?
Old 27 Oct 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1445124)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the media coverage has been remarkably quiet for renaultsport uk, so either their new pr person needs a slap, or they've not really got any entries...
Old 27 Oct 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1445164)   #7
ianpearson
Racer

closing date is today so i would expect to hear something tomorrow or monday
Old 27 Oct 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1445370)   #8
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know a number of drivers have been aproached by teams, and also Renault, offering very good deals, which would suggest entries are thin on the ground!!
Old 27 Oct 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1445443)   #9
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
RSportRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was the same situation last year in the Clio's with very last minute or in one case on the day entry...
Old 27 Oct 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1445492)   #10
boycie
Racer

boycie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
the media coverage has been remarkably quiet for renaultsport uk, so either their new pr person needs a slap, or they've not really got any entries...
agreed, the press stuff has been really thin on the ground - not at all impressed with the new pr bod.

it seems entries are pretty low, and while I know this next bit should be in club it is relevant; will anyone at all do BARC?
Old 27 Oct 2005, 22:05 (Ref:1445538)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
there's not much to hype up if there's no entries, but i couldn't make any sense of the last release about karters testing for manor. worst press release i've read from such a major organisation in some time.

perhaps they should have quietly cancelled the winter series...
Old 28 Oct 2005, 07:52 (Ref:1445776)   #12
ianpearson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycie
agreed, the press stuff has been really thin on the ground - not at all impressed with the new pr bod.

it seems entries are pretty low, and while I know this next bit should be in club it is relevant; will anyone at all do BARC?
i beleive there are 16 entries for BARC Renault winter series
Old 28 Oct 2005, 08:23 (Ref:1445792)   #13
boycie
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
there's not much to hype up if there's no entries, but i couldn't make any sense of the last release about karters testing for manor. worst press release i've read from such a major organisation in some time.

perhaps they should have quietly cancelled the winter series...
perhaps so and after Ian's response regarding there supposedly being 16 drivers ready to contest the BARC event I'm completely shocked there's been no news.

Ford and BMW have had all the press lately and on a national front Renault has been so quiet, they're losing out big time. agreed about the karting release too; odd!
Old 28 Oct 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1446362)   #14
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what the test situation is at Brands next week? I know there`s a Renault test on Thursday, but I see MSV are only offering General Testing on Friday AFTERNOON.... Made me wonder what was on on Friday morning?
Old 29 Oct 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1446642)   #15
boycie
Racer

some 'free practice' sessions ahead of the weekend
Old 29 Oct 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1446763)   #16
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycie
perhaps so and after Ian's response regarding there supposedly being 16 drivers ready to contest the BARC event I'm completely shocked there's been no news.
Well there was a press release yesterday about the BARC event (which gave the impression that both UK and BARC had pretty full grids), and another one about the Clio Winter Series.

However I imagine that the Renault PR people are a bit snowed under at the moment, as their big Champion of Champions Karting event is this weekend.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1446918)   #17
boycie
Racer

snowed under!?! it's never been this quiet before and there's been a lot more going on than there is now!

this weekend's karting thing isn't all its cracked up to be and could well be a bit of a damp squib, plus the Renault involvement isn't as great as you may think.

i don't know which release you were reading sceptic, but BARC looks like it'll have a dozen at best whereby UK has been very quiet so far. how 10 or 12 cars constitutes a 'pretty full grid' is beyond me!
Old 29 Oct 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1446922)   #18
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
boycie - ta for that.

Just come back from Buckmore as it happens - there`s a large Renault Hospitality unit and a couple of flags but that`s about it. The commentator does "name drop" Renault every few minutes though! I think the karting event has suffered from lack of entries but there are some big grids in the Rotax categories - looking forward to some rain before the finals tomorrow to spice things up a bit!
Old 29 Oct 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1446931)   #19
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with the karting is that they set the age limit too low - that prevented a lot of people I know and wanted to enter from taking part.

Renault have sent out four press releases this week - I wouldn't describe that as a quiet week.

There were plenty of weeks during the season when they had no releases.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 23:37 (Ref:1447121)   #20
boycie
Racer

no releases - exactly! the output hasn't been the best lately compared to some of their rival championships and the standard seems a bit below par. four releases is what you should expect with three winter deadlines passing and the karting thing with Manor last Tuesday.

Elio - keep us posted on the Buckmore outcome will you? karting does need a lift profile wise, there are some tremendous talents in this country. just a shame most have chosen to avoid the Buckmore event.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 16:18 (Ref:1448489)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I have just seen the press release and entry list, which is listed below and its not great. I remember 2 or 3 years ago we had 25 cars this year we have 16.

Fortec Motorsport - Fabio Onidi, Bradley Ellis, James Sutton
Manor Motorsport - Cheng CongFu, Markus Niemela, Richard Keen, Joao Vasconcelos
Team AKA - Oliver Oakes, Jeremy Metcalfe
Nasamax - Dean Stirling
Motaworld Racing - Duarte Felix da Costa
Scorpio Motorsport - Will Bratt
Macob Motorsport - Alex Morgan
AR Motorsport - Junior Strous, Dennis Retera, Mervyn Kool
Old 1 Nov 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1449224)   #22
boycie
Racer

yeah it's not too good is it really? there are some good drivers in there and it's good to see AR back over here, they should spring some surprises I think, but overall the number of registrations is pretty low
Old 1 Nov 2005, 10:42 (Ref:1449250)   #23
ianpearson
Racer

its interesting to see a foriegn team entered, i've been looking at the possibility of buying an FR2000 from europe but they seem to be running to a different set of rules, for a start they would need a UK log book (all the foriegn teams we've spoken too burst out laughing when you mention a log book), a lot of them still have Huger engines, no seals on the diff. Have to see how they get on but it looked like a right mine field bringing a european car up to UK spec
Old 1 Nov 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1449309)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
heh no, 3 years ago we had the festival format and there was a heck of a lot of cars...

16 cars, and i'd say the dutch team have been shipped in as a last resort - i can only assume this'll be the last year of the winter series. they can't make profit on 16 cars, surely?

ian, i think the case was a couple of years ago that the european scrutineering was a lot more strict than ours, but that sounds like it's changed. i reckon you'd end up replacing everything bar the tub...
Old 1 Nov 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1449363)   #25
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpearson
... for a start they would need a UK log book.... Have to see how they get on but it looked like a right mine field bringing a european car up to UK spec
A logbook is used in all German series, so that shouldn't be a problem. Our team has bought cars from Holland before (no FR) and it is no problem what so ever to have a German logbook for them. So it shouldn't be a problem to have a UK one either.

Btw, the UK is part of Europe IIRC.