Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Oct 2005, 15:34 (Ref:1447596)   #1
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
GP Masters - don't they look/sound great ?

I was just checking out that latest test [Arnoux and Mansell] on the GP Masters site and I must admit, of all the new racing series launched recently... those cars really look and sound excellent. I really like the livery on Riccardo Patrese's car too... its great to see those colors back on a single seater again. It will be refreshing to see great looking racing cars again, let's hope the racing's as good.

F1 could do with taking a leaf out of their's and GP2's book.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 15:57 (Ref:1447612)   #2
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like a Champ Car, sound a little bit like a Champ Car, but not the same sound as the Ford engines.

I like the Ford sound better
Old 30 Oct 2005, 16:14 (Ref:1447622)   #3
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFlag
Looks like a Champ Car, sound a little bit like a Champ Car, but not the same sound as the Ford engines.

I like the Ford sound better
They do, very much so... which is not a bad thing at all.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1447672)   #4
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The car is based on a 1999 Reynard champcar.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 18:42 (Ref:1450693)   #5
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
I will be marshalling at Kyalami for that meeting. I'll tell you what they sound like when they are running together ...................................!
Old 2 Nov 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1450697)   #6
davyboy
Veteran

Great Steve, let us know. Do you know what the UK TV schedules are for them ?
Old 2 Nov 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1450700)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Live qualifying and live race on Motors TV on Sat/Sun

Race replay, BBC2, 4pm Sunday
Old 2 Nov 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1450714)   #8
davyboy
Veteran

That's good news. I was fearful, that like A1, it would be on Sky Sports, which I don't have.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1450783)   #9
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Grandstand will run it 1 hour later in full.... with Murray commentating - its just like the old days (lets hope our Nige knows where the kill switch is tho!)
Old 2 Nov 2005, 21:13 (Ref:1450837)   #10
davyboy
Veteran

Nige seems buzzed up for it... but it'll be people like Jan Lammers that are going to do well. He's never really stopped racing whereas all the others have emerged from retirement so to speak. It'll be really interesting. I'm personally looking forward to Ricarrdo Patrese back behind the wheel.
Old 3 Nov 2005, 00:43 (Ref:1450967)   #11
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Wouldn't it be interesting, though, if the old guys dominate?

Doubtful.
Old 3 Nov 2005, 01:09 (Ref:1450982)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dont be too sure that Lammers will dominate, guys like Prost have been competing in FFSA GT's this year and with some sucess too I might add, Lammers will be at the front at the start of the season for sure, but by the end of the season id be suprised if guys like Mansell and Stuck and Prost arent winning races on a consistant basis.
Old 3 Nov 2005, 08:05 (Ref:1451098)   #13
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mansell will get a podium I reckon and will share it with de Cesarus
Old 3 Nov 2005, 10:12 (Ref:1451167)   #14
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Dont be too sure that Lammers will dominate, guys like Prost have been competing in FFSA GT's this year and with some sucess too I might add, Lammers will be at the front at the start of the season for sure, but by the end of the season id be suprised if guys like Mansell and Stuck and Prost arent winning races on a consistant basis.
I think you're right. It'll probably be Lammers/Johansson that will make the early running, but the others are likely to win through as the season progress and their race rustiness disappears. Its interesting that deCesaris managed to top the timing charts at the Silverstone test though. deCesaris was a grossly under-rated driver when he was a GP racer. He was devastatingly fast, but didn't do himself any favours by crashing a lot [deCrasheris as he was known at one stage]. It should be good to see how they all do on a level playing field once their driving's back on form.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1452313)   #15
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know anything of the championship yet? It would be great to see them in action on home soil!
Old 4 Nov 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1452319)   #16
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a provisional calender in this weeks Autosport, which had a British round scheduled for May. I think they really ought to have a British race as I would imagine it to be one of the best attended.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1452371)   #17
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
which circuit though? I think they should move away from the usual Silverstone or Brands hatch and try something different - Thruxton or Rockingham may be?
Old 4 Nov 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1452381)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I disagree.

It needs to be Silverstone or Brands Hatch, to capture the spirit of the era these Grand Prix Masters raced
Old 4 Nov 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1452382)   #19
davyboy
Veteran

It'll probably be Brands I imagine, as Jonathan Palmer's pretty much on the ball when it comes to grabbing and promoting new stuff like this. Don't underestimate the draw Nigel Mansell still has either. They'll be hanging from the rafters to see him race.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1452390)   #20
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
I'll have to see myself towards getting on the marshalling team for it then. no chance of having 2 races in the uk - Brands / silverstone, or somewhere else?
Old 4 Nov 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1452392)   #21
davyboy
Veteran

I just noticed that Eddie Cheever's signed up to race as well. GPM is looking like it could be really good. So far there are 14 signed up for Kyalami and I'm sure more to come later :

Rene Arnoux, Eddie Cheever, Christian Danner, Andrea de Cesaris, Emerson Fittipaldi, Stefan Johansson, Alan Jones, Jacques Laffite, Jan Lammers, Nigel Mansell, Riccardo Patrese, Hans Stuck, Patrick Tambay and Derek Warwick.

I saw that alex Caffi did the test in Silverstone, not sure why he's not going to be there. Prost has something clashing in Andros apparently.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1455602)   #22
Patrese256
Rookie

Wales
UK
Patrese256 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant
I will be marshalling at Kyalami for that meeting. I'll tell you what they sound like when they are running together ...................................!
Well a few of them together certainly sounded great at Silverstone, but I envy you being there this weekend.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 06:47 (Ref:1457844)   #23
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant
Do you have to pay your own transport and accommodation?
Old 12 Nov 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1458963)   #24
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They look really good, proper racing cars, when I first heard of the series I thought that the cars would be all modern and ugly like A1GP cars and IRL cars but everything is good!
Old 13 Nov 2005, 08:18 (Ref:1459425)   #25
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Net-Ranger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
I disagree.

It needs to be Silverstone or Brands Hatch, to capture the spirit of the era these Grand Prix Masters raced
Agree with that!!!

I think the whole concept should look to race on the classic tracks that they use to race, places forgotten by F-1 due to the "required" safety issues that today we see on F-1, i think they should race at Silverstone more than Brans-Hatch, A1GP race there prove that even with the upgrades is a little bit narrow for passing

Along Kyalami, they should add the classics and great places of F-1 later 80´s that still are in use, i use to love those races at Estoril and Jerez, Imola perhaps??, also why not, consider to race in America, Montreal and Mexico City, here in Mexico we still remember this GREAT!! drivers, i was 14 years old when the last Mexican Prand Prix took place and still remember how popular Mansell, De Cesaris, Patrese they were in that time for mexicans, i'm sure the same should be in Canada