Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 May 2000, 17:30 (Ref:944)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, John Cleese should take MURRAY's place! "This is a dead car! It has joined the Choir Invisible! IT HAS CEASED TO BE! THIS IS A LATE FORMULA ONE CAR!"
Old 17 May 2000, 19:00 (Ref:945)   #17
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What's that the Popular People's Front of Judea have on their Super Touring Car?

SPLITTER!

Ahem. I'm sorry.
Old 18 May 2000, 00:41 (Ref:946)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe a better question is, when Max resigns, what job will he take?

Televangelist? Meter Maid? BTCC flagman?
Old 18 May 2000, 01:01 (Ref:947)   #19
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Liz, but Televangelist?

Aren't they supposed to try and convince everybody in TV land that they're telling the truth, when really they're ... Oh. I see. Point taken.
Old 18 May 2000, 01:09 (Ref:948)   #20
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect Max missed his calling when he failed his Boards to be a proctologist.
Perhaps he'll try again.

On a serious note, I like Lauda. Count on him to he honest, fair and outspoken.

Actually, how about Prost? Get him away from his potentially great team and everyone's a winner!

[This message has been edited by EERO (edited 18 May 2000).]
Old 18 May 2000, 04:05 (Ref:949)   #21
Roy
Rookie

Roy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What makes you think Max is going to resign? He's one of the undead. To get rid of it you have to drive a stake through its heart.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 04:45 (Ref:876539)   #22
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who needs the FIA any way. With the amount of countries Max is threatening to boycott then there won't be much to be in charge of. Maybe thats the reason the FIA moved into switzaland as they have the idea operating systems for motorsport, NONE!
Old 17 Feb 2004, 06:51 (Ref:876599)   #23
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michael.. He loves racing, done F1,sportscar etc, he works hard with the FIA with safety, and he had connections with the major teams/companies/key personnel involved F1 and other major category...and his management of things is pretty handy for a driver.

Or LdM. He had years of experience managing top tier events/teams successfully, knows alot about racing AND cars. In fact a more rounded choice than any other ex-F1 driver can be.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 07:16 (Ref:876623)   #24
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I nominate Billy Connelly.Imagine that me in charge of F1 what a load of old b0l0cks.laugh: :

Seariously Jakie Stewart would have to be the one.Hes been a world champ and owned his own team. Been there done that and from a poor mans team end as well.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 17 Feb 2004 at 07:18.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 08:16 (Ref:876675)   #25
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max has indicated he will do another term (Autosport last Thursday).

Well the first thing is to chose people who aren't dead or too old! No offense, but that rules out a couple from your list. I'm not to fussed about any of them, partly because I am unsure any of them would want to!

Of those mentioned Prost or Stewart seem good. Although maybe Stewart would be seen as having conflicting interests?

I am also not quite sure why Hill and Warwick require exclamation marks. Apart from the fact that Hill will be too busy enjoying himself. If those two have one and two exclamation marks I'd give Mr Serious Piquet 97 of them.

and Rowan Atkinson, why not, he has a passion for the soprt and also motoring in general. He has an old A35 van on old hard tyres and a McLaren F1 - he says he loves to drive them on the same day for contrast! He also has a HGV licence.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 09:07 (Ref:876704)   #26
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of course the FIA is more than just a governing body for world motorsport...chances are next time around it'll be a full blooded Eurocrat with no real background of racing
Old 17 Feb 2004, 09:37 (Ref:876737)   #27
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ken Tyrrell is also off the list.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 15:16 (Ref:878421)   #28
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My proposal: Jacky Icks (correct spell?)
Old 18 Feb 2004, 15:24 (Ref:878431)   #29
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was agreed ages ago on this very forum that I was taking over as FIA President:confused: Now I see that you're all plotting to replace me with Mr Bean

Worse still: you're talking about replacing Max with people who know something about motor racing! You can't do that! I mean, before you know it the FIA will have the fans interest at heart and that totally goes against the whole tradition of the FIA!

Give it to me. I'd make a good President.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 16:01 (Ref:878461)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I'm still loyal to you, dear Suzy !