Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Dec 2017, 11:37 (Ref:3788831)   #851
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmD Tuning View Post
A Xmas conundrum for you! Looking forward to a busy 2018 in motorsport where we'll be running less race weekends, more races, less drivers but more cars!
So no BGT, but how about running Aiden Moffat in his M-B. Laser Tools has the TBL to take to AmD.
Old 23 Dec 2017, 12:26 (Ref:3788835)   #852
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmD Tuning View Post
A Xmas conundrum for you! Looking forward to a busy 2018 in motorsport where we'll be running less race weekends, more races, less drivers but more cars!
It's a works Kia with Alain Menu and Vincent Radermecker as the drivers, isn't it.
Old 25 Dec 2017, 07:25 (Ref:3789097)   #853
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
3rd HARD / Brisky driver to be announced on Thursday 28th December... HARD definitely winning the silly season championship!
...and then driver 4 on January 3rd
Old 25 Dec 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3789116)   #854
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Works Kia? Surely a Volvo... is Rickard Rydell a pensioner yet! 😂

Maybe a Clio or two... or a Ginetta.

Or... if the MGs headed South was true, how about some cannibalisation to make another Audi. Suspension bits if nowt else...
Old 25 Dec 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3789117)   #855
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Works Kia? Surely a Volvo... is Rickard Rydell a pensioner yet! 😂
Actually I've heard a rumour that Mazda is returning with Patrick Watts...
Old 26 Dec 2017, 03:34 (Ref:3789150)   #856
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
The thing that makes it harder for Rullo is convincing Australian sponsors to back him in a series which is no longer shown on Australian TV.

I believe it was on FOX until the end of 2016 season and missing in 2017, maybe someone from the VASC threads could clarify this?

In Rullo’s case his family is paying the bills so tv exposure or lack thereof is not a big factor in any decision. Any BTCC ride has to be at least half the price of his Supercar seat thus year so makes the decision even easier.
Old 26 Dec 2017, 08:26 (Ref:3789162)   #857
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
In Rullo’s case his family is paying the bills so tv exposure or lack thereof is not a big factor in any decision. Any BTCC ride has to be at least half the price of his Supercar seat thus year so makes the decision even easier.
Sounds like Tom Chilton, but younger and Australian.
Old 26 Dec 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3789163)   #858
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post

Good comparison.
Old 26 Dec 2017, 11:28 (Ref:3789178)   #859
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And will he take Chiltons seat at PMR? If he does I’d reckon they’d want someone of a more veteran status in the other car?
Old 26 Dec 2017, 13:07 (Ref:3789191)   #860
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
And will he take Chiltons seat at PMR? If he does I’d reckon they’d want someone of a more veteran status in the other car?
You mean someone who knows most of the team members? Someone who's a great car developer? Maybe with an army of fans and great know how when it comes to getting sponsors and giving them great exposure? Who is possibly having a divorce from their most recent team?
Old 26 Dec 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3789199)   #861
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I can't think who you mean.
Old 26 Dec 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3789209)   #862
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
You mean someone who knows most of the team members? Someone who's a great car developer? Maybe with an army of fans and great know how when it comes to getting sponsors and giving them great exposure? Who is possibly having a divorce from their most recent team?
Ah! The penny has dropped in my old fuddled mind; makes sense on many levels 😀

Win win I suppose; if it works out great! If it don't work out then grumble about the RWD advantage...

So Speedworks is just Tingram?
Old 26 Dec 2017, 17:01 (Ref:3789214)   #863
psq43
Veteran

Quote:
Ah! The penny has dropped in my old fuddled mind; makes sense on many levels 😀

Win win I suppose; if it works out great! If it don't work out then grumble about the RWD advantage...

So Speedworks is just Tingram?
I didn't say it was a given, or that a mate down the pub knows a girl on the skittles team, who's sisters best mate went out with a touring car mechanic in the 90s so it's a good source

Worth pondering and maybe discussing though
Old 26 Dec 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3789219)   #864
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
That's fair enough; it is very plausible for all the stated reasons. Tom C off elsewhere definitely leaves a space and the car is new enough for there to be a lot of development angles to pursue; that is something which he is possibly the best current BTCC driver at doing. And he is/was considering options for this year. I expect the cash flow on the farm will continue to be a slow trickle; a new Scooby build would surprise me. Would he want to continue in a car that is clearly inferior to Ash's? Beating Ash in identical machinery would be a damned big ask!
Old 27 Dec 2017, 08:04 (Ref:3789262)   #865
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's fair enough; it is very plausible for all the stated reasons. Tom C off elsewhere definitely leaves a space and the car is new enough for there to be a lot of development angles to pursue; that is something which he is possibly the best current BTCC driver at doing. And he is/was considering options for this year. I expect the cash flow on the farm will continue to be a slow trickle; a new Scooby build would surprise me. Would he want to continue in a car that is clearly inferior to Ash's? Beating Ash in identical machinery would be a damned big ask!
I think there is a good chance that either Plato or Tordoff will end up in the PMR seat, both bring money & talent, not sure how Tordoff stacks up developing a car compared to JP. I’d love to see Huff in that car, but know he needs ‘paying’, so think he’s less likely.
Old 27 Dec 2017, 11:42 (Ref:3789296)   #866
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Good comparison.
How does Rullo stack up talent-wise if we start to compare him with Chilton? I don't really follow V8SC, so don't know much about him beyond the controversy about him getting the LDM seat in the first place. Thinking back to Chilton's BTCC debut at 17, he was quick but pretty raw- (IIRC a couple of decent results at the start of the season, then it all fell away a bit) although he had the benefit of a competitive car run by a competent team

What's the verdict down under on young Mr Rullo- promising talent who's tried to take on too much too soon, or rich kid playing wannabee race driver with daddy's cheque book?
Old 27 Dec 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3789301)   #867
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He won a race in a V8 Supercar in a national series with 14 Years - i think he is a good talent, but with the shitty car at LDM he couldn´t prove in the Main Series.
Old 27 Dec 2017, 12:30 (Ref:3789302)   #868
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Chilton is a lot better than people give him credit, compared to when he was younger and perhaps tried to live up to his own hype, I'd say he's pretty good. He's definitely taken more serious these days
Old 27 Dec 2017, 23:45 (Ref:3789380)   #869
SteveLevin
Rookie

United States
near the Corkscrew!
SteveLevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
He won a race in a V8 Supercar in a national series with 14 Years - i think he is a good talent, but with the shitty car at LDM he couldn´t prove in the Main Series.
I think he got some bad advice as to how deep the pool really is in the 'main game' -- in many ways, you could argue that Supercars has the toughest field front to back of any top-line series out there. Alex wasn't the only person to jump in and struggle -- Kurt Kostecki filled in for Lee Holdsworth for a couple of rounds, and while not a star DDS driver, was competent, had good equipment, and lots of support (since his real day job is working for Triple8), and while faster than Alex, it was still "holy moly, even the slow guys are really quick!"

Steve
Old 28 Dec 2017, 11:23 (Ref:3789425)   #870
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
I think he got some bad advice as to how deep the pool really is in the 'main game' -- in many ways, you could argue that Supercars has the toughest field front to back of any top-line series out there. Alex wasn't the only person to jump in and struggle -- Kurt Kostecki filled in for Lee Holdsworth for a couple of rounds, and while not a star DDS driver, was competent, had good equipment, and lots of support (since his real day job is working for Triple8), and while faster than Alex, it was still "holy moly, even the slow guys are really quick!"

Steve
To compete competitively in V8SC you have to win and earn credit in the Dunlop Series or now Super2 Series. Alex jumped too fast in the main game and he paid for that. A lot of great and more experienced guys like Premat and Engel struggled when they went straight in the V8SC...Richie Stanaway instead demonstred that with a little mileage in enduro and the second series you can do your job in the main game

I don't know if it's good to move in UK from Australia for Rullo. PMR team has already a very good young gun (S.Proctor) and they should focus to engage a top driver like Huff (difficult) or Plato. Tordoff and Nash would also good to replace Chilton but definitely i would go for the first two

But maybe PMR-Vauxhall has a 3° tbl for the new season...who knows...
Old 28 Dec 2017, 11:39 (Ref:3789427)   #871
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
The thing that makes it harder for Rullo is convincing Australian sponsors to back him in a series which is no longer shown on Australian TV.

I believe it was on FOX until the end of 2016 season and missing in 2017, maybe someone from the VASC threads could clarify this?
All the 2017 BTCC races were shown on SBS and FOX Sports this year through the Speedweek program, with 60mins coverage of each round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz
He won a race in a V8 Supercar in a national series with 14 Years
His national series race win was in the 3rd string "Kuhmo Series" for old V8Supercars of generally 6-10 years age.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 14:01 (Ref:3789451)   #872
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.btcc.net/2017/12/28/hill-...brisky-racing/

as anticipated Hill is staying put
Old 28 Dec 2017, 15:23 (Ref:3789468)   #873
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That’s good, hope Epps stays too, they both did Gilham proud last season
Old 28 Dec 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3789469)   #874
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and still no news on the big names
Old 28 Dec 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3789472)   #875
psq43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
and still no news on the big names
I suspect one of those big names is still wondering how he let the rug get pulled from under him, and if he still has any cards left under the table