Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 8 Jul 2009, 14:52 (Ref:2497798)   #1
TerryD
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
TerryD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Superleague @ Donington 1st & 2nd August

Got an e-mail from Becci saying that the event will not be run by BARC but will be run by the BRSCC.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 19:37 (Ref:2497917)   #2
greenbean
Racer

New Zealand
brierley hill west mids
greenbean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes thi meeting is being run by brscc any whishing to marshal it should contact the pieman
Old 8 Jul 2009, 19:52 (Ref:2497925)   #3
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Yeah, I too, got those emails. I did wonder why but thanks for posting up whom we should contact now. That was my next question.
Old 9 Jul 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2498164)   #4
Michael E
Rookie

England
Yorkshire
Michael E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had volunteered for this through BARC,but has anybody managed to get through to BRSCC?
Their website is constantly down,all E-Mails are being returned,faxes get no response and now sent a PM to PieMan only to be told no more messages can be accepted untill there is some space,it's so frustrating.
Can anybody help?
Michael.
Old 9 Jul 2009, 10:19 (Ref:2498228)   #5
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
I had volunteered for this through BARC,but has anybody managed to get through to BRSCC?
Their website is constantly down,all E-Mails are being returned,faxes get no response and now sent a PM to PieMan only to be told no more messages can be accepted untill there is some space,it's so frustrating.
Can anybody help?
Michael.
Same as me Michael. We can only hang on a day or three and see what happens I suppose. I tried the BRSCC website a few times last night without joy. The regional websites seem to work ok and my email to PieMan hasn't bounced back yet.

If I hear anything I'll post up or let you know.

Cheers,

Elliot.
Old 9 Jul 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2498331)   #6
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Email the Pieman direct not by PM.

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 9 Jul 2009, 14:15 (Ref:2498368)   #7
Michael E
Rookie

England
Yorkshire
Michael E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack View Post
Email the Pieman direct not by PM.
Thanks for that Stack,have now done so.............
Old 9 Jul 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2498379)   #8
Middle_BBG
Racer

Middle_BBG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could someone let me have Pieman's email addie please ?
Old 9 Jul 2009, 16:08 (Ref:2498459)   #9
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle_BBG View Post
Could someone let me have Pieman's email addie please ?
marshal.midland AT brscc DOT co DOT uk

There you go. I'm sure you know how to translate it from that. I'm reluctant to putting addresses on webpages as-is. Spammers and all of that .
Old 9 Jul 2009, 21:45 (Ref:2498649)   #10
PieMan
Seigneur des pâtés en croûte
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
PieMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone, I've been 'off line' for a couple of days and it's been great to come back to a full house of PM's, voicemails, texts and emails from enthusiastic volunteers for this event (but lots more are required).

I'd already started mentioning to people that I'm now the contact but this thread has really got things going so thanks to those who have contributed.

Yes, everybody is welcome and I'll acknowledge individual messages in due course.

Obviously people who have volunteered to the Donington ES Team are not affected by the change of organising club.

Anybody else please email (preferred means of contact) and, if you've not already marshalled for the BRSCC Midland Centre this centre this season, let me know your address, grade and duty.

My full contact details are on the BRSCC website.

Thank you.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 14:32 (Ref:2498988)   #11
Micky.H
Racer

England
A Little Town In East Yorks
Micky.H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a timetable published yet?
Old 21 Jul 2009, 19:27 (Ref:2505676)   #12
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Timetable has been published today and it promises to be an excellant meeting, also including Euroseries 3000 (ex A1 GP cars), Superkarts, Non-Championship Formula Jedi Race, the previously posponed rounds of Mazda MX5, Alfa Romeo and FF1600 Club races, from the meeting when the track flooded and also now at the last minute FIA T.G.P F1 Cars due to the Brazil round being cancelled! All the extra races mean longer than normal days with racing until 7PM and no lunch breaks, although there is a slight pause Sat Afternoon.

Copy here on this link for your info : -

http://www.superleagueformula.com/su...3-UK-Programme

Should be a good one
Old 21 Jul 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2505700)   #13
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Not heard back from the Pie-Man yet but I'm really looking forward to this meeting, should be some great racing and a good atmosphere.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 20:18 (Ref:2505701)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
just in case anyone isn't sure about these superleague thingies, i went to a race last weekend and came back converted. the noise is absolutely magnificent, the cars look excellent, and the drivers are very competitive
Old 21 Jul 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2505704)   #15
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
just in case anyone isn't sure about these superleague thingies, i went to a race last weekend and came back converted. the noise is absolutely magnificent, the cars look excellent, and the drivers are very competitive
That's great news. Looking forward to it even more now.

Especially as my team sits at the top of the table.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 21:13 (Ref:2505742)   #16
Dave 455
Racer

Yes, the noise is amazing V12 engines with 750 BHP!

Also races for Euro 3000 (550 BHP Zytec engines)

and FIA Historic F1 (T.G.P Cars) - (Cosworth DFV)

It is going to be one spectacular meeting, definatley not one to be missed!
Old 21 Jul 2009, 22:37 (Ref:2505767)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_08 View Post
Especially as my team sits at the top of the table.
oh dear, my condolences. how do you cope with such a terrible condition? nobody deserves to be a liverpool fan

my team don't have a sf team and you can't cheer for a british team who aren't your own (unwritten fan rule #34) so i've claimed french nationality for every meeting so far

but seriously. they're the only cars i've ever had to put my fingers in my ears for, if you have earplugs i would recommend packing them for the weekend! i just hope they get a decent crowd, it looks like an excellent lineup
Old 22 Jul 2009, 07:45 (Ref:2505876)   #18
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Quote:
oh dear, my condolences. how do you cope with such a terrible condition? nobody deserves to be a liverpool fan

my team don't have a sf team and you can't cheer for a british team who aren't your own (unwritten fan rule #34) so i've claimed french nationality for every meeting so far
Cheeky! As long as it's not those lot up the M62 you'll be fine yourself.

Quote:
but seriously. they're the only cars i've ever had to put my fingers in my ears for, if you have earplugs i would recommend packing them for the weekend! i just hope they get a decent crowd, it looks like an excellent lineup
Thanks for the tip. I needed earplugs for the F2's this last weekend because we were that close, so they are already packed in my box for any other loud ones.
Old 22 Jul 2009, 11:22 (Ref:2506001)   #19
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spectators interested in going may want to know Liverpool are giving away free e-tickets on a first-come, first-served basis. I think they're for raceday only, as they have August 2nd written on them.

Also, Euroseries 3000 has unfortunately pulled out:
http://www.euroseries3000.com/new/news.asp?id=607

A real shame, as despite the small grids, I was looking forward to seeing the A1GP Lola again. But Historic F1 makes up for it
Old 22 Jul 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2506007)   #20
Nexus
Racer

England
Chesterfield, Derbys
Nexus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should be about for this one, Pits most likley. Shame about the 3000's, it looks like they didn't like where they were put in the timetable. Maybe a lunch break can be scheduled in
Old 22 Jul 2009, 17:29 (Ref:2506222)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_08 View Post
Cheeky! As long as it's not those lot up the M62 you'll be fine yourself.
sorry, it's genetic, i can't help it but in my defence at least we wear the same colour

top tip - even though it's technically classed as satan worshipping for anyone but second rate londoners, keep an eye on the spurs car if you tend to find single seaters can verge on the dull. the lad's been epic in the first couple of rounds.

looks like an excellent programme of racing - definitely an upgrade on zolder, with the greatest of respect to euroboss!
Old 22 Jul 2009, 19:15 (Ref:2506269)   #22
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Quote:
keep an eye on the spurs car if you tend to find single seaters can verge on the dull. the lad's been epic in the first couple of rounds.
I will do. I am a fan of most forms of single seater so even though I have the added angle of Liverpool FC in this one, I'm still really looking forward to seeing them all racing. And it won't matter who gets 1st, they'll all get a big wave from me on the slowing down lap.

I'll just be waving like a proper loony if Adrian puts the LFC car across the line first.
Old 22 Jul 2009, 20:05 (Ref:2506290)   #23
Sticker Rub
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Sticker Rub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 455 View Post
The Timetable has been published today and it promises to be an excellant meeting, also including Euroseries 3000 (ex A1 GP cars), Superkarts, Non-Championship Formula Jedi Race, the previously posponed rounds of Mazda MX5, Alfa Romeo and FF1600 Club races, from the meeting when the track flooded and also now at the last minute FIA T.G.P F1 Cars due to the Brazil round being cancelled! All the extra races mean longer than normal days with racing until 7PM and no lunch breaks, although there is a slight pause Sat Afternoon.

Copy here on this link for your info : -

http://www.superleagueformula.com/su...3-UK-Programme

Should be a good one
What, no Caterhams?
Old 22 Jul 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2506316)   #24
Dave 455
Racer

No, sorry not this year, last year the meeting was run as the 2009 caterham festival at short notice. Do you like caterhams then?
Old 22 Jul 2009, 21:40 (Ref:2506329)   #25
Sticker Rub
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Sticker Rub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 455 View Post
No, sorry not this year, last year the meeting was run as the 2009 caterham festival at short notice. Do you like caterhams then?
My Doctor says I'm making good progress after last year's overdose & should be able to face Caterhams again without breaking out in a cold sweat very soon.