Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 6 Oct 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3313860)   #376
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Great coverage on Sky. If you can't swallow that big lump of principle stop moaning. That's the way the world is going these days. User pays and fair enough
Old 6 Oct 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3313882)   #377
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'd be happy to pay to watch good coverage
Im not happy to pay for a **** ton of crap I'd never watch
Old 6 Oct 2013, 23:36 (Ref:3313883)   #378
isoskim
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
isoskim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got no problem with the coverage moving to Sky. They've done a bloody good job. I do have a problem with not being able to get access to V8 Superview.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 00:01 (Ref:3313894)   #379
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Just want to poke my head up as a Sky supporter here, the coverage has been fantastic all season, i've been over the moon with the transition of coverage to Sky. Whilst some say TV3 "Killed" the coverage, the honest truth is they did all they could, but it's not like the News was every going to be bumped for live coverage of every V8 Supercar round. In NZ Sky TV is the only way to get the amount of live coverage we've enjoyed this year, no if, buts or maybes.

In saying that, i'll be in Melbourne for Bathurst and miss the entire event.... god dammit.
Echo Biggy's (and Ugy's) remarks. I'm chuffed with Sky's treatment of the series and the coverage they deliver. TV3 did what they could but ultimately proved that unless it's Rugby or some guys playing sail-boat, FTA coverage of larger sporting events is probably dead.

Flying over for it tomorrow morning - should be fun I've already booked it on the mysky though for when I get back
Old 7 Oct 2013, 00:05 (Ref:3313898)   #380
Heycoop Racing
Rookie

Heycoop Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So glad I have Sky right now!!!

Im sure there are a lot of sites you could stream from if you look into it.
Racing in the 2013/14 Motul Honda Cup. #143 EG Civic. Facebook search Heycoop Racing to show your support and see my progress throughout the season.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 05:06 (Ref:3313963)   #381
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Brick, i am sure you can find someone either:

in Nelson, that has Sky and would welcome you for an extended breakfast on sunday;

or in ozzie, who has an ozzie ISP that would lend you their email to get it FTA.

i have no issue with the Sky coverage, but unfortunately, V8SC is the only sport i watch, and barely makes sense having the exta channells on top of the base package.........bring on a dedicated Motorsports channel !!!!
Old 7 Oct 2013, 05:09 (Ref:3313964)   #382
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Need more than an aussie email to get around that. You need a paid proxy server.
Don't worry about me, I'll see it. But thousands won't.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3313977)   #383
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isoskim View Post
I've got no problem with the coverage moving to Sky. They've done a bloody good job. I do have a problem with not being able to get access to V8 Superview.
That annoys me too, I have sky but how do I get to see Development series stuff or any of the other stuff that could be seen.
Sky block it and also don't show it.

( also can't series link V8Xtra annoys me too !! )
Old 7 Oct 2013, 07:36 (Ref:3313986)   #384
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I have noticed that too. You cant series link v8xtra which sux.
I'm with joe on this....we need a dedicated motorsport channel.....like now would be good.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 09:16 (Ref:3314019)   #385
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am also loving the coverage on Sky - no ads is fantastic

I also wish that we could get the V8 Superview coverage, to get the practice session each round that is 'exclusive' to that, which Sky doesn't show, and also to get the round replays etc later, as well as the development series.

Can't understand why we can't access it if we can prove we are a Sky subscriber here in NZ already (hell, I would even pay the fee for the Dunlop series).

There are also episodes of V8Xtra that we don't get on Sky either (unless I missed the Bathurst preview show this week?).

The only thing I wouldn't like about a dedicated motorsport channel is the cost, no doubt it would be similar (or added to) the premium sport package with the rugby channel, and that is another $9 or so more a month than the basic sport package already.

I guess I like them spread around a bit, so when there are clashes both are live at the moment (such as Bathurst and the Japanese grand prix this weekend - not that I'll be leaving Bathurst in the last hour to channel surf!) but, I would hate to see things delayed just to have them on the motorsport channel - I know they don't do that with rugby, but unfortunately there are more viewers for that than motorsport, and I wouldn't like to lose stuff off the other channels just to go on a dedicated one.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3314084)   #386
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I must say that even though I have access to it if I want, I have not seen a single race of V8SC this year. Was planning to watch Bathurst as I have every year for millions of years, but I guess this year I won't.
Oh well, the 12 Hour is better now anyway, SC don't float my boat any more.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3314262)   #387
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont blame Sky you moaners. Its V8SC that sold its sole. Remember there was always a FTA agreement with the broadcaster and now V8SC changed that forever because they were desperate and someone had to cover Pukekohoe last year otherwise they would lose their atteed money.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3314274)   #388
Nigel TV3
Racer

Nigel TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
Dont blame Sky you moaners. Its V8SC that sold its sole. Remember there was always a FTA agreement with the broadcaster and now V8SC changed that forever because they were desperate and someone had to cover Pukekohoe last year otherwise they would lose their atteed money.
Hi everyone, some info you may find helpful. Sky have both the Free to Air Rights and Pay TV Rights for Supercars, they have chosen to screen Bathurst only on their Pay TV platform. Since the switch to Sky, Supercars ratings have decreased over 70% compared to when TV3 had the Rights. I personally agree the best place for Supercars is Sky but I only wish they could have a free to air component for those fans who can not afford Sky....

Nigel
Producer CRC Motorsport TV3
Old 7 Oct 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3314278)   #389
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel TV3 View Post
Hi everyone, some info you may find helpful. Sky have both the Free to Air Rights and Pay TV Rights for Supercars, they have chosen to screen Bathurst only on their Pay TV platform. Since the switch to Sky, Supercars ratings have decreased over 70% compared to when TV3 had the Rights. I personally agree the best place for Supercars is Sky but I only wish they could have a free to air component for those fans who can not afford Sky....

Nigel
Cheers Nige. My feelings for Sky TV have always been about the same as for Sky City, must be the name...

If V8SC audiences have dropped 70% since going to Sky, that won't make Auckland Council happy if it translates into any sort of a drop in attendance at Pukekohe next year (I am not suggesting it will drop 70% but I bet it will drop).

Someone should televise NZFMR, I think next year's will be a cracker!
Old 8 Oct 2013, 01:31 (Ref:3314363)   #390
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel TV3 View Post

Nigel
Thanks for that info Nigel. Out of curiosity, how does the Supercar coverage on Sky compare ratings wise to other motorsport on Sky such as F1, Indycar and Nascar?
Old 8 Oct 2013, 02:07 (Ref:3314375)   #391
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have Sky also. Got it for watching all sports.

Feel that they are treating their customers well with the coverage being provided, far better than we received on TV3.

However V8SC is not that high on my enjoyment list now they are with CotF as feel there is not enough passing.

Do enjoy Bathurst but because of the drama that can happen during longer race.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 03:05 (Ref:3314383)   #392
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespur View Post
However V8SC is not that high on my enjoyment list now they are with CotF as feel there is not enough passing.
But .... But... the talking heads keep saying the quality of the racing this year has been outstanding!
Old 8 Oct 2013, 04:25 (Ref:3314405)   #393
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Been off v8sc for a number of years now since i caught a bad case of 888itis. The only race i watch now is Bathurst
Old 8 Oct 2013, 05:57 (Ref:3314418)   #394
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
But .... But... the talking heads keep saying the quality of the racing this year has been outstanding!
To be fair to the talking heads, there have been a wider scope of race winners this year than there have been in any other year in the V8SC era - at least that I can think of.

At the very least, the racing is at least better than what the DTM have served up this year.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 06:03 (Ref:3314419)   #395
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Was planning to watch Bathurst as I have every year for millions of years, but I guess this year I won't.
Ummmm, didn't it just have its 50th anniversary? Wondering what you were watching race there one/five/twenty million years ago? Bathurst would've been closer to China so the crowds should've been massive
Old 8 Oct 2013, 06:06 (Ref:3314420)   #396
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Thanks for that info Nigel. Out of curiosity, how does the Supercar coverage on Sky compare ratings wise to other motorsport on Sky such as F1, Indycar and Nascar?
Hi Tracey, happy to provide some numbers for you.
A normal Round of V8SC on CRC attracted between 18-24% of the available viewing audience in the targeted Demo of 25-54 male, Since Sky obtained the rights the figure now sits between 2-7%... F1, NASCAR etc do smaller numbers. Bathurst on CRC delivered massive numbers for the Network, we peaked at 52% one year and that was record breaking... Don't get wrong I believe the best place for V8SC is Sky, I only wish the iconic events of Clipsal, Puke, Bathurst and the Gold Coast were available FTA for all Kiwis to enjoy. Hope this helps.. Nige

Last edited by Nigel TV3; 8 Oct 2013 at 06:14. Reason: Spelling
Old 8 Oct 2013, 07:05 (Ref:3314435)   #397
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV3 View Post
Thanks Harcey, Shaun, myself and the team worked hard in delivering the best Bathurst broadcast possible. I was pretty pleased with what went to air, especially broadcasting the race in HD while our Aussie mates could only do SD. We were also fortunate in having less commercial breaks than Channel 7. We did however need to force a break at 6.20pm due to Channel 7 having no more breaks to play, apologies for that. This years Bathurst achieved the highest ratings to date, peaking at a 64.7% share... That is huge when you consider the News rates around 25-30%.
Cheers
Nigel Carpenter
HI Nigel do you remember posting this on 10th Oct 2012 where you state the ratings peaked at 64.7% for last years Bathurst.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 07:26 (Ref:3314442)   #398
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
HI Nigel do you remember posting this on 10th Oct 2012 where you state the ratings peaked at 64.7% for last years Bathurst.
Absolutely PF, that rating was in not in the 25-54 Male Demo I was quoting.. Happy to PM the official figures to you if you want.. it goes to show how popular Bathurst is with the average Kiwi when it is Free to Air. If I can help with anything else let me know.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 08:01 (Ref:3314453)   #399
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Thanks for that Nigel I also wish that Bathurst was FTA this weekend, there are so many people I know who don't watch for the rest of the year, but always watch Bathurst, and they are pretty gutted that Prime isn't showing it. It's a pretty sad day that it's happened I think
Old 9 Oct 2013, 06:29 (Ref:3314968)   #400
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey all , just a quick question. Does anyone know how to take recorded programs off the mysky box and put them onto an external hard drive? I have been told it can be done but have no idea how. I have googled the topic but to no avail.
Cheers