Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Feb 2018, 22:10 (Ref:3800360)   #1826
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
A car and B car for Oreca
Old 10 Feb 2018, 23:12 (Ref:3800366)   #1827
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Rebellion line ups revealed. Quite surprised how they have split these.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/les...cing-repartis/
Honestly I can't understand why so many people is surprised by rebellion strategy.... swiss team has always split his line-up this way during his lmp1 years.
A strong full pro main car and a second car almost pro-am likely.
Old 11 Feb 2018, 00:56 (Ref:3800378)   #1828
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Honestly I can't understand why so many people is surprised by rebellion strategy.... swiss team has always split his line-up this way during his lmp1 years.
A strong full pro main car and a second car almost pro-am likely.
Yup, even by late 2010 / early 2011 they had #12 which was great and was clearly favored by strategy, and then #13 which had... some people I guess. Most of the time it ended up falling behind the others privateers
Old 11 Feb 2018, 01:55 (Ref:3800383)   #1829
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Rebellion line ups revealed. Quite surprised how they have split these.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/les...cing-repartis/
I don't find the 2nd car as weak as some. Sure the primary car has great experienced and quick drivers, but Laurent and Menezes aren't slouches.
Old 11 Feb 2018, 02:15 (Ref:3800388)   #1830
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are people forgetting that the "b" car has 2 Le man's p2 champions and Beche who has proven himself for a long time. That car will be capable of matching the raw pace of the other one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Feb 2018, 07:23 (Ref:3800425)   #1831
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
You think it coincidence the B car has two drivers who pay a fortune and a driver who is local to Rebellion and has successfully brown-nosed the main man for years?
Old 11 Feb 2018, 09:09 (Ref:3800436)   #1832
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it's a bit harsh calling the second car a B car (and silly suggesting a driver who has done well for a team is brown nosing) when that B car could be better than the majority of the P1 field.
Old 11 Feb 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3800439)   #1833
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver line-ups make complete sense, I don't see a problem.
Old 11 Feb 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3800440)   #1834
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I absolutely agree. I think the drivers of the so-called 'B' car are being done a considerable disservice, simply because we have 'stars in our eyes' over Lotterer and Jani......
Old 11 Feb 2018, 09:22 (Ref:3800444)   #1835
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If I owned a team and someone told me I'd have Mathias Beche, Gustavo Menezes and Thomas Laurent driving the car, I'd be over the moon.

Other than the works Toyotas and the other Rebellion, I'm not sure there's a better prototype lineup on the grid.
Old 11 Feb 2018, 11:27 (Ref:3800468)   #1836
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
If I owned a team and someone told me I'd have Mathias Beche, Gustavo Menezes and Thomas Laurent driving the car, I'd be over the moon.

Other than the works Toyotas and the other Rebellion, I'm not sure there's a better prototype lineup on the grid.
I think dah-Russians will be a good squad too.
Old 11 Feb 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3800471)   #1837
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think dah-Russians will be a good squad too.
I have no idea why, but "dah Russians" really made me think of this: Snatch: Russians (Contains strong language).

I think the Russians will surprise everyone. Some of the ELMS performances were outstanding.
Old 11 Feb 2018, 12:02 (Ref:3800480)   #1838
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wasn't suggesting one line up was 'better' than the other. All of these drivers have proved their worth.
Just thought they could have some symmetry in the squads.
An overall race winner and P1 champ in each car (Jani/Lotterer), a Swiss driver in each car (Jani/Beche) and a quick kid in each car (Menezes/Laurent).
Anyway, what do I know?
Old 12 Feb 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3800745)   #1839
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

It's a great lineup - I don't think anyone is saying it isn't. But the comparison here is not with the rest of the P1 field, it's with the team car.

I love you guys but let's just inject a bit of realism here. Maybe performances will end up different out on the track - but no one has tested the car yet. On paper however I'm not sure how you could begin to argue these are balanced lineups?

WEC titles: 2 (1 LMP2 class)
Le Mans starts: 23 (3 poles/4 fastest laps)
Le Mans wins: 4
Average age: 34

WEC titles: 0 (1 LMP2 class)
Le Mans starts: 9
Le Mans wins: 0 (2 LMP2 class)
Average age: 24
Old 12 Feb 2018, 17:44 (Ref:3800749)   #1840
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It's a great lineup - I don't think anyone is saying it isn't. But the comparison here is not with the rest of the P1 field, it's with the team car.
I'm not claiming it was equal, more replying to this comment -

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
You think it coincidence the B car has two drivers who pay a fortune and a driver who is local to Rebellion and has successfully brown-nosed the main man for years?
Which is way wide of the mark.
Old 12 Feb 2018, 18:57 (Ref:3800761)   #1841
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed again. The stars are undoubtedly in the 'A' car, as is the experience. But the suggestion that the 'B' car is to be driven by little hope rentadrivers (ok, I'm over-egging it) is way wide of the mark. If they keep it on the black stuff, I expect them to keep the 'A' car drivers on their mettle....
Old 12 Feb 2018, 19:31 (Ref:3800769)   #1842
peebee2
Veteran

I never said the B car is untalented, just that it’s the money car.
Old 12 Feb 2018, 20:26 (Ref:3800774)   #1843
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I never said the B car is untalented, just that it’s the money car.
Are they actual paydrivers?
Old 12 Feb 2018, 20:28 (Ref:3800775)   #1844
peebee2
Veteran

Not Beche, he’s an employee but the other two have very healthy budget, no problem. Doesn’t mean they are bad though.
Old 12 Feb 2018, 21:10 (Ref:3800786)   #1845
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gustavo Menezes will be the first American to race in LMP1 at the LM24 since 2010 when Scott Tucker raced an R10 and Marco Andretti drove for Rebellion.
Old 12 Feb 2018, 21:39 (Ref:3800792)   #1846
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Is that so? I confess I'd completely forgotten about both of them!
Old 12 Feb 2018, 21:53 (Ref:3800797)   #1847
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Gustavo Menezes will be the first American to race in LMP1 at the LM24 since 2010 when Scott Tucker raced an R10 and Marco Andretti drove for Rebellion.
Brazilian American!
Old 12 Feb 2018, 22:04 (Ref:3800801)   #1848
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Marco was very much in the Rebellion A line up back then.
Old 12 Feb 2018, 22:43 (Ref:3800812)   #1849
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Wow, I didn't realize that. And I was there, even got my hands on one of the cars in practice (although I'm pretty sure it was the #13).

Funny.
Old 13 Feb 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3800883)   #1850
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Marco was very much in the Rebellion A line up back then.
Remember it well. Not sure he brought his 'A' attitude with him though.