Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 7 Jan 2000, 14:26 (Ref:6598)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just got in my copy of the long TT review and have to say it was well worth the money. The photgraphy is excellent and so are the battles between Dunlop, Lougher, McCallen, Moodie, and others. The side car action is one of my favs as the sport has really died here in the US. Moodie's unbelievable lap record is one I'll never forget. He was faster on the first lap from a standing start than the record which was set on a flying lap. Great stuff.
Old 31 Jan 2000, 18:15 (Ref:6599)   #2
allan quirk
Rookie

allan quirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you ever been to the TT? It's a real spectacle and it's not just the racing that's great. The whole TT atmosphere has to be seen to be believed.
Old 9 Feb 2000, 16:59 (Ref:6600)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfotunately I have not. It is one of those things I would like to do in my life though.
Old 10 Feb 2000, 11:38 (Ref:6601)   #4
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's on my list of things to do too. Though it is a long list.

We don't get much coverage here, at best a half hour highlights package months after.

When is the 2000 TT?
Old 14 Feb 2000, 00:37 (Ref:6602)   #5
allan quirk
Rookie

Practice starts for the 2000 TT on May 27th and racing gets underway on Sat 4th June. The races are scheduled for Sat, Mon, Wed, Fri, but are often delayed by mist on the mountain, or just bad weather. As the circuit is 37 3/4 miles and takes about 20 minutes a lap over altitudes from sea level to nearly 2,000 feet, riders experience all sorts of conditions. The spectacle of seeing bikes travelling at speds of up to 180 mph just inches away from your feet is something to experience. My advice to you is don't miss it. It has to be seen, even if only once. PS, where are you from elephino? Allan
Old 14 Feb 2000, 02:30 (Ref:6603)   #6
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always wanted to race the circuit. Just cut one lap in excess of 100mph.

The ultimate and purest form of roadracing!
Old 15 Feb 2000, 10:57 (Ref:6604)   #7
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to agree Redneck, definitely the ultimate in roadracing.

Allan, I'm from Australia. And I'll try not to miss the TT...but as usual, money is always a problem.
Old 15 Feb 2000, 23:44 (Ref:6605)   #8
allan quirk
Rookie

Funnily enough, money isn't the only problem you may have! The TT is enormously popular (especially with the Germans and French - that is apart with UK riders) and ferries, hotels, etc are often booked one year for the next. Package companies often block book in advance so this may be your best route. Failing that, try and get details of 'homestay' where the Government registers private households who will put you up. Try camping as a last resort as the weather can be changeable in June on the island. I know I'm jumping ahead with what is only a wish, but if you ever DO decide to see the TT, I hope the advice comes in handy. Allan.
Old 16 Feb 2000, 10:16 (Ref:6606)   #9
elephino
Veteran

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind when I get the chance to go.
Old 11 Mar 2000, 11:55 (Ref:6607)   #10
Ross
Rookie

Ross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You most definatley have to go. I went to the '99 Manx GP and it was awesome I even went for a lap on a roadbike with Milky Qualye (Winner of the Junior and Lightweight)
The circuit blows your mind...Hopefully I'll be there to see Milky in the TT