Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Nov 2017, 00:41 (Ref:3781147)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Danica Available For Bathurst??

Danica To Bathurst?

Ms Patrick may have the time to do it... would anyone seriously pick her up?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Nov 2017, 00:43 (Ref:3781148)   #2
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Supergirls concept is reborn?
Old 18 Nov 2017, 00:52 (Ref:3781150)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm not aware of her having any decent road course form
Old 18 Nov 2017, 01:01 (Ref:3781151)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Danica To Bathurst?

There aren't many female drivers out there of her calibre. Particularly with the kind of tin-top experience required. Sure, she hasn't achieved a whole lot in Nascar, but running mid-pack there, is not too dissimilar to running mid-pack in Supercars.

I think she'd be a good addition to the enduros, and I don't she'd be several seconds behind on pace either.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 03:33 (Ref:3781165)   #5
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Danica To Bathurst?

Doesn't mention Bathurst anywhere in the article, where does that idea come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I'm not aware of her having any decent road course form
That's because she doesn't have decent form in anything - mid-field on a good day. Not a complete disgrace but moderately competent. I suspect that Simona would be a much better driver.

If Ms Patrick did look outside the US to Oz, seems more likely to me that a spot in the 12 hour would be more likely than anything else, that way she could share the driving with someone capable of running reasonably quickly.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 09:10 (Ref:3781185)   #6
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I think she'd be a good addition to the enduros, and I don't she'd be several seconds behind on pace either.
de Silvestro is a much better driver IMO. Patrick would be on a hiding to nothing.

The Patrick you want to bring back is Patrick Long -- he was an ace in his start in the V8 Supercar version of the Bathurst 1000 IIRC!
Old 18 Nov 2017, 11:10 (Ref:3781205)   #7
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
de Silvestro is a much better driver IMO. Patrick would be on a hiding to nothing.
If you compared their respective IndyCar careers Danica is well out in front.

Danica was a Top 10 runner, Simona a Top 20 Runner.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3781209)   #8
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd go as far as to say Ms Patrick's tin-top career is somewhat more established, too.

You'd sooner run mid-pack in Nascar, out of 40-odd other cars, than bobble around on the cusp of the top 20, out of 26. No disrespect to Ms De Silvestro, but the stats are telling.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 14:34 (Ref:3781252)   #9
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
If you compared their respective IndyCar careers Danica is well out in front.
Road courses...
Old 18 Nov 2017, 14:38 (Ref:3781253)   #10
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I'd go as far as to say Ms Patrick's tin-top career is somewhat more established, too.

You'd sooner run mid-pack in Nascar, out of 40-odd other cars, than bobble around on the cusp of the top 20, out of 26. No disrespect to Ms De Silvestro, but the stats are telling.
You do remember how Mr Ambrose faired!?
Old 18 Nov 2017, 15:14 (Ref:3781265)   #11
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Danica was a Top 10 runner, Simona a Top 20 Runner.
She had to miss races in her first two seasons due to injuries from superspeedway crashes, however otherwise scored many top 10 finishes.

de Silvestro was then a Top 20 runner with the Lotus engine, not surprising as the Lotus engine was garbage.

de Silvestro again scored top 10 finishes regularly in her final season.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3781372)   #12
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danica was handy in a Formula Ford, no?

Putting aside whether she'd actually be interested in coming to the enduros to one side, the exercise would certainly pay for itself in publicity.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 21:27 (Ref:3781376)   #13
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Danica was handy in a Formula Ford, no?

Putting aside whether she'd actually be interested in coming to the enduros to one side, the exercise would certainly pay for itself in publicity.
Not so much in FF, she was handy in her two years in Toyota Atlantic Championship though
Old 18 Nov 2017, 22:45 (Ref:3781390)   #14
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Ran second in the British Formula Ford Festival. Handy.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 23:07 (Ref:3781396)   #15
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Doesn't mention Bathurst anywhere in the article, where does that idea come from?
This.

Why is it even being suggested?
Old 18 Nov 2017, 23:18 (Ref:3781397)   #16
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did you all see the '??' in the title ?
Old 19 Nov 2017, 01:31 (Ref:3781417)   #17
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That usually indicates there's some rumors floating around, pitlane talk, etc. to somewhat substantiate the idea.
Old 19 Nov 2017, 03:01 (Ref:3781420)   #18
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
That's because she doesn't have decent form in anything - mid-field on a good day. Not a complete disgrace but moderately competent. I suspect that Simona would be a much better driver.
She was pretty good in an Indycar on an oval, particularly at Indianapolis

6 top ten finishes in 7 starts in the Indianapolis 500, and he only non-Top 10 finish was 2008 when she was taken out in the pits by Ryan Briscoe mid-race. But for a mistake on her first qualifying lap in 2005, there was every chance she could have gotten pole on debut.

She wasn't afraid to get stuck in during the IRL 'pack racing' era either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks
She had to miss races in her first two seasons due to injuries from superspeedway crashes, however otherwise scored many top 10 finishes.

de Silvestro was then a Top 20 runner with the Lotus engine, not surprising as the Lotus engine was garbage.

de Silvestro again scored top 10 finishes regularly in her final season.
Di Silvestro missed no races in her first season, and missed two in her second season. She missed one race due to a VISA issue and she wasn't allowed back into the United States in time for Sonoma, and missed the Iowa event due to a concussion sustained the previous weekend.
She competed in 32 races in her first two seasons and had 5 top ten finishes, hardly many

She wasn't a top 20 runner with the Lotus in 2012, in 14 races she finished better than 20th just three times. Not that that was a bad feat given the boat anchor she had in the back.

She did have 9 top 10's from 19 races in 2013 which wasn't too bad, but she wasn't a front-runner and was soundly trounced by her teammate Tony Kanaan who also won the Indy 500 that year.
Old 19 Nov 2017, 04:54 (Ref:3781428)   #19
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Danica To Bathurst?

Out of interest GTR - is there any suggestion outside your post that Danica is/has/was looking at VASC? Or purely just spit balling?

While we are at it - should we throw around the idea of Danica to APCC and the Bathurst 6 Hour
Old 19 Nov 2017, 05:15 (Ref:3781430)   #20
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Out of interest GTR - is there any suggestion outside your post that Danica is/has/was looking at VASC? Or purely just spit balling?

While we are at it - should we throw around the idea of Danica to APCC and the Bathurst 6 Hour
FFS dude, seriously its a forum, if that is what rocks your boat do it

why she would bother im not sure, but great discuss it
Old 19 Nov 2017, 05:46 (Ref:3781433)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post

Yes there has been. A number of times.
The possibility of it happening is now greater than ever, without a schedule clash to get in the way.
Time for the proponents to go investigate the interest and the commercial possibilities.

We shall see.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Nov 2017, 06:30 (Ref:3781435)   #22
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
On behalf of grubby old perverts everywhere.......I'm OK with her driving at Bathurst...
Old 19 Nov 2017, 06:33 (Ref:3781436)   #23
Umai Naa
Veteran

She certainly has an athletic physique about her, compared to the last female that teamed up with SDS.
Old 19 Nov 2017, 06:52 (Ref:3781440)   #24
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If a team wanted to be successful at Bathurst it would be pure madness, but if you could cost analyse her fee and how much hype she could bring, a sponsor might go for it. When she tweets a picture of her new high heels, thousands of people go out of their minds.
She led a few laps at Watkins Glen last year but that was mainly pit strategy. Someone gave her the bumper at a restart and she finished in her usual mid twenties spot.
Some of the NASCAR drivers have never even driven on a road course until they get to the truck series, then it is only two races a year. She drives a championship winning quality car and should be kicking their butts. Her team mate scored more than twice as many points as her this year, and could be crowned champion today.
She was much slower than Marcus Ambrose on road courses in a much better car, in fact he was better on ovals too.

I would expect her to do half as well as Marcus Ambrose did on his return.

Last edited by Number4; 19 Nov 2017 at 07:04.
Old 19 Nov 2017, 08:09 (Ref:3781445)   #25
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes there has been. A number of times.
The possibility of it happening is now greater than ever, without a schedule clash to get in the way.
Time for the proponents to go investigate the interest and the commercial possibilities.

We shall see.
She said she is doing two races next year, the Daytona 500 and the Indy 500, and is then retiring

"I am done after May," Patrick told The Associated Press. "Everyone needs to put their mind there. My plan is to be at Indy, and then I'm done."
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/dan...181736861.html

She's already been linked with a job on NBC Sports NASCAR coverage, which covers the second half of the Cup Series schedule (ie...when the Pirtek Enduro Cup is on)

She ain't racing in October at Bathurst anytime soon