Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 1 Apr 2004, 18:37 (Ref:926653)   #1
mblasco
Rookie

mblasco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MI-JACK Announces Third Car !!!

Source: http://www.conquestracing.com/pressr...e.asp?relID=45

MI-JACK CONQUEST RACING ANNOUNCES THIRD CAR IN ONE WEEK, YOUNGEST DRIVER IN CHAMP CAR HISTORY TO SUIT UP FOR 2004 CHAMP CAR CAMPAIGN

INDIANAPOLIS (April1, 2004) – Mi-Jack Conquest Racing announced today the addition of a third car to its 2004 Champ Car program, making three full-time cars announced in one week. Elliot Bachelart, a twelve-year old emerging sensation from Indianapolis, IN was announced as the driver, making him the youngest driver by far to suit up for a full-time Champ Car campaign.

A relative unknown outside of karting circles, and some would even say within karting circles, Elliot Bachelart none-the-less proved himself capable of handling a fifteen horsepower Yamaha - Fittipaldi at three recent, impressive tests at Whiteland Raceway. Team owner, Eric Bachelart, said, “I’ve seen enough to convince me that Elliot will have no problem stepping into a seven hundred horsepower Champ Car and being competitive straight away. After testing seventeen-year old Nelson Phillippe a few weeks ago with much success, I felt the time was right to look to even younger talent to help build our team for the future.”

Elliot will compete in a car made up from parts from both Lola and Reynard. The new Lo-nard, as it will be known, will combine the best from both manufacturers and allow the team to utilize spares from the cars of the team’s other two full time drivers, Justin Wilson and Alex Sperafico.

“This concept, while appearing unconventional to the layman, makes perfect sense for our team as we can now develop special parts for both cars on a single platform,” said team manager Chris Mower. “And on top of that”, Mower added, “we also believe we will have a significant weight advantage with Elliot in the cockpit as he barely tips the scales at ninety pounds fully suited up. That can make a real difference in acceleration and fuel mileage.”

For his part, Elliot feels ready to tackle the tough rookie duties in the notoriously competitive Champ Car series. Elliot said, “When I was practicing at Whiteland last weekend, I passed two guys in two laps. I think I’m ready.”

Eric Bachelart denied that he gave special consideration to Elliot for the ride, despite the fact Elliot is his own son. Bachelart said, “Many people don’t know this, but in the off-season Elliot sold all of his personal possessions and put his entire life’s savings on the line just to get this ride. $178 is a lot of money to a twelve year old. That showed me all I needed to know about his commitment level. He’s earned this opportunity.”

Elliot is scheduled for a seat fitting in the MJCR shop early next week and even then, the team is looking to leverage the diminutive size of their new chauffeur. “We intend to build a custom seat for Elliot out of last year’s Indianapolis area phone book”, said Mower. “Based on our preliminary measurements, this should put his helmet just above the cockpit sides.” Asked whether the sub five-foot Elliot and his six foot three teammate, Justin Wilson may be the subject of paddock jokes throughout the year, Eric Bachelart just smiled and said, “When Elliot steps onto the winner’s podium, he will be able to look everyone straight in the eye and have the last laugh.”
--------------------

------------
The IRL wants to be what we are, and the difficult thing is that we're not leaving...

Paul Gentilozzi
Old 1 Apr 2004, 18:51 (Ref:926672)   #2
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What day is today?
Old 1 Apr 2004, 19:21 (Ref:926706)   #3
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hahaha..."Lo-nard"!
Old 1 Apr 2004, 19:21 (Ref:926707)   #4
mblasco
Rookie

mblasco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
What day is today?
Damn... now i see...

I was thinking that it was to young to drive a monster like a champ car...
--------------------

------------
The IRL wants to be what we are, and the difficult thing is that we're not leaving...

Paul Gentilozzi
Old 1 Apr 2004, 19:57 (Ref:926736)   #5
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice try! You had me going at the title, but lost me soon after Excellent
Old 1 Apr 2004, 20:19 (Ref:926753)   #6
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

On AR1.com under 'Hot News':
"UPDATE: Mi-Jack Conquest team adds 3rd car"

Has AR1 fallen for the hoax???...
Old 1 Apr 2004, 20:41 (Ref:926774)   #7
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really doubt it. If they actually read the article, its pretty obvious it was written with tongue in cheek. Or at least it was to me. I mean come on, a "Lo-nard"? Or them mentioning that he had no problems with 15HP and it should be an easy jump for him to goto 750HP.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 21:40 (Ref:926830)   #8
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now if little Elliot was 17 instead of 12, then you know that people woudl be falling for this more. Nice try :-)
Old 1 Apr 2004, 23:07 (Ref:926880)   #9
GBoehm
Racer

United States
San Ramon, CA
GBoehm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It got a chuckle out of me.... it was worth it.
Old 2 Apr 2004, 01:32 (Ref:926922)   #10
Mouser
Rookie

United States
Pomeroy,Ohio,USA
Mouser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Mblasco! That's the best one I've heard all day!
Had me going there for a moment!
Old 2 Apr 2004, 01:51 (Ref:926931)   #11
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What what what????

A team with a sense of humour amoung all this? :confused:

NOW you must be joking, surely!

Heh, this kind of light heartedness kind of makes me like them all the more.....but then I'm weird like that!
Old 2 Apr 2004, 17:57 (Ref:927722)   #12
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good!

I was sitting quietly laughing at my desk and getting funny looks. The guys around me didn't get it, but they don't racing anyway.