Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 18 May 2004, 14:22 (Ref:974426)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Overseas Trips

Which international meetings, i.e. those that are away from your homeland, do you guys count as absolutely essential to your racing year.
I'm hoping that the Mondello Brit GT becomes a fixture as I have full spousal backing to go to that (providing she comes with me of course )
The Six Hours of Spa, though I've only been the once, is hopefully going to be a perennial from now on (I'm sure I wont be alone in that one)

I would imagine Le Mans will figure high on many peoples lists
Old 18 May 2004, 14:24 (Ref:974428)   #2
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and as a supplementary question does anybody do 100% international trips, be it racing or spectating, and not bother at all with domestic meetings?
Old 18 May 2004, 15:35 (Ref:974483)   #3
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do. I've raced at most UK circuits so I'm now racing F3 in Turkey. Suprisingly good! I am racing at Goodwood this year - too good to miss.
Old 18 May 2004, 18:59 (Ref:974683)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We only do on Over Seas trip a year for me and that is to France and its only 21 till I leave and I can't wait.........
Old 18 May 2004, 19:00 (Ref:974684)   #5
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
hmmmmmmm what trip would that be methinks
Old 18 May 2004, 19:58 (Ref:974734)   #6
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Overseas Trips

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
Which international meetings, i.e. those that are away from your homeland, do you guys count as absolutely essential to your racing year. I would imagine Le Mans will figure high on many peoples lists
Why yes, as a marshal and was wonderful from '99->'02. Then my spouse tuned into a Francophobe and I went in the other direction to the West Coast of the US. I have done that again already this year and will be in the UK to marshal for the LMES at Silverstone in August.
Old 18 May 2004, 20:38 (Ref:974775)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that Trois Rivieres is no more, and the Montreal F1 race has resumed its position on Le Mans weekend, almost all the races I attend are outside my home country. The only "overseas" racing I will attend this year is Le Mans, due to the fact that air prices have doubled since last year. But I'll be doing at least 12 races, in the States as well as Toronto and Montreal CART and Mosport ALMS races up here:

Sebring (ALMS)
Mid-Ohio (ALMS)
Portland (ALMS)
Petit Le Mans (ALMS)
Lime Rock (ALMS)
Toronto (CART)
Montreal (CART)
Mosport (ALMS)
Las Vegas (CART)
Old 19 May 2004, 15:26 (Ref:975560)   #8
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Liz, that's a common situation in Canada. This year I may not do any Canadian pro races. In most years it'd only be Toronto Champ and Vancouver Champ and all the rest in the US or elsewhere.

See you at ALMS Portland, and Vegas if it happens.

keke
Old 19 May 2004, 17:48 (Ref:975687)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As you know because of my professional (using the term loosely) commitments I can only do a limited programme. So the Spa six hours it is. I guess that makes me an international race car driver.