Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Sep 2014, 15:13 (Ref:3449503)   #1
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Enter the Samurai (Honda, Toyota...)

With Honda now stating they will act as a supplier to other teams post-'15, which teams will step up and sign on as a recipient, and when does Toyota enter the fray and commit similar offerings.

How do you lot see things turning out?
Old 1 Sep 2014, 16:23 (Ref:3449520)   #2
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Honda will come on strong. They have had time to do their RandD see witness on track what works and what doesn't. Also, keep in mind that McLaren has complete Merc powerplants for Honda to study. That's more than half the battle. I don't see Toyota getting into the mix after the last foray.

Last edited by F1Pete; 1 Sep 2014 at 16:35.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 16:43 (Ref:3449528)   #3
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I could see Lotus switching, considering they were pushed out of Renault by RB and Merc could just be a "stopover" until Honda are back after 2015. Really it all depends on Honda's competitiveness. They might have had been able to R&D the whole year but they'll have no running to iron out any kinks until Jerez whereas the other manufacturers should be just perfecting their engines.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 18:13 (Ref:3449549)   #4
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If any nation can make a reliable, quick engine it'll be the Japanese. I think next season Honda will be looking at a couple of wins (hopefully) and building for an assault for the 2016 championships.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 23:00 (Ref:3449599)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Toyota is too focused on WEC and still healing from being burnt the last time. I don't really expect any other Japanese manufacturer to make an entry.

As for other Honda 'partners'; it really depends if they are competitively priced vis a vis the Mercs as well the capacity of Honda to offer a package of support that would be advantageous to given team. Short answer is, I dunno.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 01:28 (Ref:3449623)   #6
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
I could see Lotus switching, considering they were pushed out of Renault by RB and Merc could just be a "stopover" until Honda are back after 2015. Really it all depends on Honda's competitiveness. They might have had been able to R&D the whole year but they'll have no running to iron out any kinks until Jerez whereas the other manufacturers should be just perfecting their engines.
Renault needs a second team, just like Honda. That's either Lotus or Toro Rosso.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3449675)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennaTheGreat View Post
I think next season Honda will be looking at a couple of wins (hopefully) and building for an assault for the 2016 championships.
That assumes that McLaren build a decent chassis - they've got the best engine this year and are nowhere. Even if the Honda is equal to the Mercedes engine there are going to be no wins if the chassis is a clunker.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 11:06 (Ref:3449684)   #8
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of Honda, will they have another team besides McLaren? I hope it's Lotus.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3449690)   #9
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Speaking of Honda, will they have another team besides McLaren? I hope it's Lotus.
It depends, after the inaugural '15 season w/ McLaren, they'll open their powertrain supplying to others on the grid. Torro Rosso & Sauber are contract w/Ferrari, Force India has Mercedes, and Red Bull & Lotus are Renault.

This leaves teams like Williams and the 'backmarkers'; Marussia, formerly Caterham, as well as the up-coming Haas F1 team.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 11:38 (Ref:3449692)   #10
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Weren't Haas 'leaning' towards Ferrari?
And what's happened/happening with the Romanian Forza Rosa team? Are they the buyers of Caterham?
Old 2 Sep 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3449697)   #11
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
It depends, after the inaugural '15 season w/ McLaren, they'll open their powertrain supplying to others on the grid. Torro Rosso & Sauber are contract w/Ferrari, Force India has Mercedes, and Red Bull & Lotus are Renault.

This leaves teams like Williams and the 'backmarkers'; Marussia, formerly Caterham, as well as the up-coming Haas F1 team.
Williams - Honda? It's happened before and was rather successful (but ended rather sourly if I remember correctly...)
Old 2 Sep 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3449699)   #12
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post

Toro Rossi are not with Ferrari. As of this year they have Renault and Red Bull Power Units and gearboxes