Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 1 Sep 2001, 10:26 (Ref:139528)   #1
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Life at the Limits by Prof. Sid Watkins

I have just finished reading 'Life at the limits' by Professor Sid Watkins.

Very good accounts of F1 drivers such as Ayrton Senna, Ronnie Peterson, Didier Pironi and others.
The book is anecdotes by Watkins, and his experiences at circuits between 1973 to date. tradegy is also covered in the book, including the deaths of Peterson, Senna, Paletti, and Gilles Villneuve (sorry about spellings).

A great read, and I bought it from Waterstones for only £6.99
Old 1 Sep 2001, 18:06 (Ref:139726)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm half way through the next one "Beyond the Limit".

Another greeat read covering the 2000 season.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 14:07 (Ref:146533)   #3
Jeroen Brink
Rookie

Jeroen Brink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually I had expected more from the book. He probably did not mean it - as he is reportedly a wonderful person - but sometimes it comes close to an egotrip.
Old 12 Nov 2001, 08:02 (Ref:173537)   #4
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just read the 2nd one. Great!
Old 12 Nov 2001, 13:20 (Ref:173599)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeroen Brink
Actually I had expected more from the book. He probably did not mean it - as he is reportedly a wonderful person - but sometimes it comes close to an egotrip.
I completely disagree. I read the book when it first came out a couple of years ago (and want to read the new one). It came across to me as a clear and precise (yes, perhaps slightly too precise at times) account of the work he has done since becoming involved in F1. I certainly didn't see it as an ego trip. Lets face it, the Prof and those who work with him do a pretty important job - there'd be no F1 without them, these days.

:confused:
Old 13 Nov 2001, 07:44 (Ref:173918)   #6
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
I totally 100% agree.

Strangely, I looked in BookWorld and Waterstones, both didn't have 'Beyond the Limit', but I bought it in WHSmiths! Not even a proper bookstore!