Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 25 Nov 2001, 00:35 (Ref:178594)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sign here for Die casts!

I, like alot of people aren't sure whats goping on in the world of the Die cast model, since the Vitesse group folded. IXO have taken over but we've not heard alot from them yet. So, I intend to make our feelings known! Post here to say which models you'd like to see and I'll e-mail IXO with the thread. To get us started, I'd like to have a Die Cast Bentley EXP 8 [as they could be gone by 2002 so i want something to remember them by], A Lister Storm [FIA GT], Ferrari 550 [FIA GT], and a BMW M3 [schnitzer ALMS]. Any other suggestions please post here to make them aware of what we want!
Old 25 Nov 2001, 05:09 (Ref:178625)   #2
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Bentley....a sure fire sell out

2. Panoz hybrid-electric car.....you have the moulds, so why not?

3. Castrol Jaguar XJR9...they are doing the Silk Cut, and the moulds would be nearly identical. Would sell huge in the U.S.

4. Martini Lancia LC-2 1985 Spa...pretty and Ferrari powered

5. All IMSA spec 962's.....one mould, fifty different cars

6 Nissan and Toyota GTP's......sure to sell out

7. Porsche 936 1976-77 Give us the black Diablo, give us the 76-77 LeMans winners

8. Jaguar XJR-5 Group 44....who needs a reason for that car, just give it to us.

9. Ferrari 512m and 512Longue.......never been done except awfully by Brumm & Solido. come on, they are Ferraris!

10. Ford Mk II & IV....solido MKIV LeMans winners are bringing $100 US, so a nice quartzo would be just great.

The Vitesse group (Quartzo, Onyx, Trofeau, Skid, etc) have really upped their game this year. their Audi R-8's are so nice that PM can hardly sell any kits of it. Quartzo came out with the 1980 Lm winning rondeau and it is nicer than the handbuilt! Same for all the Panoz by Onyx. These guys are making superb models and we really need to support them if we want more. Because of the Vitesse froup, even paul's Model Art (formerly the unchallenged best) had to really step it up to stay in the game. Not only that, but the Vitesse models have always been in the $25-30 US range, forcing paul's to keep their price somewhat close. Paul's sportscars are about $50 now, so they would have really stuck it to us if we didn't have such a superb and cheaper alternative. The Paul's Audi R-8 is a little nicer than the Onyx, but not double the money nicer. Maybe $5, not $25.

So please get out there and pick up a Vitesse model and help them stay solvent and keep us in great products. Some of the vitesse models are currently on sale at replicarz.com
for as little as $10.

PS; I don't think Vitesse folded, they just re-orgainized under the XIO banner. Let's wish them luck.
Old 26 Nov 2001, 09:15 (Ref:178914)   #3
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like some of your wishes may come true. Listed on Ixo's site for release are the 1988 and 1990 Le Mans Jaguars, the 1924 Le Mans Bentley and according to many sources the 1966 Ford MkIV is on its way.

Vitesse had pre war Alfas and Bugattis on its list for future production as well before it became insolvent.

Cheers
Mike
Old 26 Nov 2001, 09:51 (Ref:178923)   #4
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about some nice turbo 908s (e.g. some of the later Joest cars).
Old 26 Nov 2001, 16:52 (Ref:179045)   #5
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THE TOYOTA TS-010 - THE LOLA T92-JUDD - A RLR PORSCHE 962 GTi

THE SINTURA SJ99 - DOME S101 - ASCARI A4-10
Old 26 Nov 2001, 17:33 (Ref:179054)   #6
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a little off topic as I am discussing another brand, but here is the Spark Models R&S MKIII Dyson daytona winner. Don't wait too long if you want one as they are already in short supply.

Please excuse the bad photography as this is a brand new camera and I have no idea what I am doing with it yet.
Attached Thumbnails
p1010042.jpg  
Old 26 Nov 2001, 18:01 (Ref:179064)   #7
Simon Pullan
Racer

Simon Pullan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Sign here for Die casts!

Quote:
Originally posted by pink69
Bentley EXP 8, Prodrive Ferrari 550, and a BMW M3 GTR
Definitely these!
Old 26 Nov 2001, 18:14 (Ref:179073)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Austin
Please excuse the bad photography as this is a brand new camera and I have no idea what I am doing with it yet.
It seems you are pointing it in the right direction, so that's a good start
BTW, The Package Has Arrived. Thanks!
Old 26 Nov 2001, 18:45 (Ref:179082)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
This topic really should be in the 'Armchair Enthusiast' forum, to ensure that everyone gets to see it, maybe someone could move it over ?

In answer to your question... every single car from the 2001 BTCC... especially the B&Q Integras! Actually, I wonder if KPM will be selling the real things off as ornaments soon ?
Old 26 Nov 2001, 19:12 (Ref:179093)   #10
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And as if by magic, here we are in Armchair Enthusiast, the domain of the Minardi Supporter. Anyway, don't let me put you off, Carry On
Old 26 Nov 2001, 21:55 (Ref:179146)   #11
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, if we're on wish-lists, in the hope that some enterprising kit (or die-cast) maker happens to see this....

Chevron B19. Do you realise that this car - with Le Mans entries, and the which was the backbone of the British club sportscar scene in the mid 1970s, has never yet been seriously modelled? Unbelievable.

Lotus 18/21. That's the one with the late bodywork - infamous for finishing Stirling Moss' career, but with a track record as long as your arm in its own right. Someone ought to do it one of these days.

TVR Tuscan one-make racer. Indulge me this - one of the daftest, most ridiculously overpowered one-make series in the world, these bright, hairy roadsters deserve to be modelled someday.

Reynard/Schubel Formula Opel Lotus. The later body shape. The early ones can be done nicely from a diecast by Gama, but I need the post '92 shape for a nasty gap in the collection.

Vauxhall Chevette HSR rally. The great missing piece in any '70s rallycar collection. We've RS1800s, TR7s, Datsun 160Js, Saab 99s, even Talbot Sunbeams readily available - why no Vauxhall?

Big Bertha. Gerry Marshall's lunatic Vauxhall Super Saloon of the early seventies. A sight to behold then, and I'll bet it would make a nice model now.

DFVW - Another Superloon. Formula 2 chassis, DFV engine in the back, and a Volkswagon Variant bodyshell clipped on top. Crazy car.

Hope that's suitably esoteric.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 00:03 (Ref:179189)   #12
Simon Pullan
Racer

and the current crop of DTM cars as well please.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 08:08 (Ref:179252)   #13
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon Pullan
and the current crop of DTM cars as well please.
Seems that now that you have driven one, you want to get your hands on one of those Mercs one way or the other!
Old 27 Nov 2001, 08:10 (Ref:179254)   #14
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
DFVW - Another Superloon. Formula 2 chassis, DFV engine in the back, and a Volkswagon Variant bodyshell clipped on top. Crazy car.
Yikes! Tell us more!
Old 28 Nov 2001, 04:25 (Ref:179626)   #15
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tim d
dfvw was built on a de cadenet sports cars chassis,designed by gordon murray, brabham suspension and shadow wheels. I have a CCC magazine story on it. It looked 1 COOL car. We had a similiar 1 here in Australia fitted with a mid mounted chev v8 that was fitted with DOHC heads, before chev did their corvette ones. A friend in the USA raced 1 with driver sitting in the middle,Well before the McLaren F1.
Cybers if you send me your address I will send you copies of all 3 stories. If you checkout the Knockhill website links section their are some pics of dfvw.
mick j
Old 28 Nov 2001, 04:31 (Ref:179627)   #16
mickj
Racer

doug emms in the UK raced a similiar vw also in superloons. another crazy 1 was the Mick Hill/Jeff Wilson vw beetle. skoda chev too
mickj
Old 28 Nov 2001, 04:35 (Ref:179629)   #17
mickj
Racer

doug emms raced another car similiar to dfvw fitted with a chev v8.another crazy 1 was the Mick Hill/Jeff Wilson vw beetle. Another was a skoda v8 sponsored by skoda uk
mickj
Old 28 Nov 2001, 18:08 (Ref:179850)   #18
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I stand corrected. The basic pan was indeed what was left of the first de Cadenet sports enduro car.

I saw DFVW as a kid at Donington in (according to the old programme) 1977, and I fell in love with the thing there and then. Daftly over-the top machine.

Some more details on the spec. The DFV was an ex-Francois Cevert Tyrrell engine, and also did time with JPS during the 1973 season. The wheels that DFVW ran on were Brabham BT44/45 fronts and rears with wet race tyres, or when slicks were to be used, then Shadow rears were utilised.

I'm now trying to rack my brain for the car which had a Formula 2 March chassis underneath its saloon replica shell. I know there was one, and that it competed in the same Super Saloon series. Just got to figure out now which one it was!
Old 28 Nov 2001, 20:37 (Ref:179911)   #19
mickj
Racer

Tim
At least you got to see dfvw run.I had to follow its career thru Autosports pages. It was also "Track Tested" by Motor Sport
Autosport had a story that the people that own the De Cadenet now, have the 3 bodies that it ran. Eg Vw,Sports car and Gt.
mickj
Old 29 Nov 2001, 01:01 (Ref:180019)   #20
mickj
Racer

would the March f2 based car been the Pat Thomas Lelvedon Motors Esprit ?.Eric Patterson ran a March 803b based Europa as well.
Mickj
Old 29 Nov 2001, 08:33 (Ref:180074)   #21
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by mickj
Cybers if you send me your address I will send you copies of all 3 stories.
E-mail or post?
Old 29 Nov 2001, 17:32 (Ref:180255)   #22
Simon Pullan
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
Seems that now that you have driven one, you want to get your hands on one of those Mercs one way or the other!
I just can't believe I did drive one. And if I've got a model I can thrust it in people's faces and say 'I drove one of these!
Old 29 Nov 2001, 21:21 (Ref:180352)   #23
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Team daveys various liveries, i've only got the 1990 le Mans cars!!!!
Old 30 Nov 2001, 00:21 (Ref:180418)   #24
mickj
Racer

sorry cybers.I should have said postal address.
mickj
Old 2 Dec 2001, 00:55 (Ref:181099)   #25
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I believe that ebbro have done a Dome www.ebbro.com.hk/ and the JGTC cars. I'd really like more JGTC cars availble, the Pennzoil Skyline, Castrol Supra, Arta NSX etc... DTM models have been done by minichamps and autoart already.