Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 17 Oct 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3318965)   #126
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
They are searching cars for alcohol so be creative.
Yes, I received the same information. They are actively looking for beer in coolers and confiscating. Maybe hide it and wait to ice it at the track.
Old 18 Oct 2013, 01:29 (Ref:3319275)   #127
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
Yes, I received the same information. They are actively looking for beer in coolers and confiscating. Maybe hide it and wait to ice it at the track.
It's bullshit.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3320583)   #128
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saw Field, Broadrun and met JHamilton. Joeb was still in his tent when I made it over to there (with cars on track). I hope you weren't feeling too bad.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3320750)   #129
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Saw Field, Broadrun and met JHamilton. Joeb was still in his tent when I made it over to there (with cars on track). I hope you weren't feeling too bad.
Hey, I was nowhere near my tent! I was up early and out the door! I might have been getting coffee or doing something even less exciting!
Old 21 Oct 2013, 00:04 (Ref:3320751)   #130
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Hey, I was nowhere near my tent! I was up early and out the door! I might have been getting coffee or doing something even less exciting!
Okay, I should have said:

Quote:
Joeb was still in his tent, that's what F.O.D. told me when I made it over to there (with cars on track).
Fixxed.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 03:30 (Ref:3320798)   #131
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Okay, I should have said:

Fixxed.
much better! I had a really good time at the track wish I would have been around when you stopped by. There's always next year.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 05:04 (Ref:3320819)   #132
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Had a really great weekend!

Neat meeting you all in person, the meet up was a lot of fun.

TRspitfirefan's old minivan made it there and back. Impressive run from something that old!!!
Old 21 Oct 2013, 15:15 (Ref:3321094)   #133
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
TRspitfirefan's old minivan made it there and back. Impressive run from something that old!!!
She's a "93 spec caravan" with some 2012 updates.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 15:17 (Ref:3321098)   #134
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Had a really great weekend!

Neat meeting you all in person, the meet up was a lot of fun.
+1
Road Atlanta is a really cool track!
Old 23 Oct 2013, 00:58 (Ref:3321958)   #135
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was great to meet y'all! Don't be strangers, we camp in the same spot every year. If your at Sebring, look for me in the Hairpin.

Oh, and I didn't see a single fire ant but more than anyone's fair share of yellow jackets.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 02:28 (Ref:3321978)   #136
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
One week today, and I'll be leaving on a jet plane ........

Turn 7, one more time!

paparazzi! here's our man in T7

Old 23 Oct 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3322306)   #137
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
paparazzi! here's our man in T7

Caught in action, keeping an eagle eye on proceedings into the evening section of the race.

Had a great time, shame about the weather, but it didn't dampen my spirits!!!!
Old 24 Oct 2013, 02:43 (Ref:3322419)   #138
HJJ
Veteran

United States
For those on facebook, our weekend work.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 25 Oct 2013, 01:49 (Ref:3322784)   #139
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good pics there, Jeff And my apologies for the misinformation about joeb. Since i was consistently one of the last ones out of bed every morning, I rely on others' info so i blame everyone else.

The weather was a bit of a pain, but I enjoyed the race with the changing conditions. Made things interesting on and off track.

93' spec with updates. Looks like she pulled through! Great to meet and see everyone and hope the next time comes sooner than later.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 03:22 (Ref:3322797)   #140
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only real issue we had the whole trip was my other brother accidentally burning a hole in our aluminum coffee pot.
The idea of going almost an entire weekend without coffee was almost as scary as when Tandy went off at the end of the race!

Fortunately, the Gainesville Wal-Mart had coffee pots in the camping section, so we all survived!
Old 25 Oct 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3322970)   #141
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
For those on facebook, our weekend work.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Since alcohol is strictly prohibited at Road Atlanta, I'm assuming you drank a crap load of Perrier.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3323069)   #142
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surprisingly, my case of PBR was no where in sight on Sunday , so I could not "pick it up on my way out" as i was told on Thursday. *thinking of writing a letter*
Old 28 Oct 2013, 17:20 (Ref:3324325)   #143
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Surprisingly, my case of PBR was no where in sight on Sunday , so I could not "pick it up on my way out" as i was told on Thursday. *thinking of writing a letter*
Funny how that works. on an unrelated note, the case of PBR I was handed on my way out was delicious.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 02:17 (Ref:3324548)   #144
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Funny how that works. on an unrelated note, the case of PBR I was handed on my way out was delicious.
Delicious? Now I know you're full of it! Regardless, you can make it up the next time we find ourselves at the track together, wherever and whenever that may be!
Old 2 Nov 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3326329)   #145
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wish I found this discussion sooner

this year Petit was better than last year for me, where I was on turn 6 the whole weekend. This time I started out at turn 11, then bounced to turn 3 for practice and spend the race on the island between the track and pit out at turn 1, double stinting my flagging the whole 10 hours
Old 3 Nov 2013, 01:22 (Ref:3326441)   #146
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Updated/It's Still There!