Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 17 Mar 2017, 06:04 (Ref:3719281)   #1
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Ricciardo vs Verstappen 2017

Forget Hamilton vs Bottas, this will be the inter-team battle of 2017 I think.

Both will be at a equal footing skills wise this year I think. Daniel had a slight edge in quali, but Max was slightly better in the races last year. Max with more experience now will probably take it to Daniel in quali. Given the 2017 cars are more physical to race with, Daniel might have the slightest advantage here. And if you believe the conspiracy theories, Max is the favoured one in the team, so this will give Max a slight advantage here.

Going by what has been (mostly what hasn't been ) from the 2 pre season tests, the RB13 is expected to be the nearest challenger to the Mercedes this year. If so, this should be an interesting battle to watch.

Old 17 Mar 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3719384)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The only hope is the car is good enough to challenge for wins reguarly, then we can really see what they are made of
Old 17 Mar 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3719388)   #3
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree that it'll be an interesting battle to watch(although don't rule out the Mercedes' one). Especially if Red Bull get their act together and give them both a decent car to challenge for wins. Then we get some excitement. I also hope that it'll be Mercedes and Red Bull pushing one another this year.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 15:32 (Ref:3719398)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I wouldn't rule out some excitement at Ferrari. Once Kimi was re-signed last year, he really took the fight to Seb. If he can bring his A-game right from Melbourne, he might give Seb something to think about (and that chewing sound is me eating my hat, as I was saying last year that Ferrari should have dropped Räikkönen).
Old 20 Mar 2017, 04:02 (Ref:3720099)   #5
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Just a thought. If the RB13 does turn out to be competitive, with Dan and Max fighting for wins/podiums, it will only make it easier for Lewis to win the WDC.

Old 20 Mar 2017, 06:15 (Ref:3720105)   #6
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Just a thought. If the RB13 does turn out to be competitive, with Dan and Max fighting for wins/podiums, it will only make it easier for Lewis to win the WDC.

How on earth does another two drivers in the mix to take points away make it easier for your boy?
Old 20 Mar 2017, 06:30 (Ref:3720106)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
How on earth does another two drivers in the mix to take points away make it easier for your boy?
Because they will fight each other, and one or t'other or both will end up with a poor race strategy as the variables get mixed up.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Mar 2017, 11:02 (Ref:3720147)   #8
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Assuming the RBR and AMG cars are equal in performance, it's simple maths. If the RB13 wins half the races, with the RBR boys taking equal wins (and points) off each other, while HAM wins the other half of the races, with the other podium positions also shared equally between the 3 of them, HAM will win the WDC. I don't believe BOT will be a factor, and will not bother RIC, VES and HAM if the RB13 and W08 are equal in performance.

Now if RBR was to give one driver priority, say RIC, and instruct VES to let RIC finish ahead, and VES to finish ahead of HAM, then RIC could well be WDC. Just like the good old Schumacher/Ferrari days. Remember those days, when F1 was so boring and so predictable? Aah.. those were the days.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3720177)   #9
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I don't think you can write Bottas off so easily. I don't think he'll be champion this year, but I think he'll win a race at least, perhaps more.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 18:15 (Ref:3720254)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Now if RBR was to give one driver priority, say RIC, and instruct VES to let RIC finish ahead, and VES to finish ahead of HAM, then RIC could well be WDC. Just like the good old Schumacher/Ferrari days. Remember those days, when F1 was so boring and so predictable? Aah.. those were the days.
I seriously hope this isn't what happens........

I can see no reason at all to favour Ricciardo over Verstappen.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 18:59 (Ref:3720266)   #11
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RBR don't tend to favour one driver that bluntly. It isn't like Schumacher at Ferrari where Rubens had to fetch Michael some drinks. RBR did put orders on Vettel for safety, for Webber to win a race. RBR always did what was best for the team overall - just unfortunately for the popular Australian that usually meant the irritating German won.

I don't see RBR coming out with team orders like that.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 19:09 (Ref:3720464)   #12
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verstappen all the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 Mar 2017, 04:00 (Ref:3720531)   #13
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
It's unfortunate for ricciardo, who may very well be the 2nd or third best driver in the field that his teammate might be the best or soon to be best. Verstappen has some otherworldly qualities that no one else has. Maybe some of that will fade as he matures and stops thinking he's invincible with some of his moves, who knows. But I think both could beat Hamilton in equal cars as much if not more than he beats them. But with f1 going younger and younger, ricciardo is close to being looked at as getting too old for not having been a championship contender yet. I would like to see both win a title eventually, but I think Verstappen will be this generation's best, not hamilton or vettel or whoever else is in the conversation. The race in The rain in brazil(?) sealed it for me. What can he do with an off-season to get used to his car?....
Old 22 Mar 2017, 10:09 (Ref:3720603)   #14
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I think that Verstappen is incredible to watch, spectacular and (apparently) fearless. He also obviously has superb & instinctive car control. Alongside all of this, I also feel that he had been very lucky, some of the moves he has made have been very risky, but he's usually got away with them.
I seriously wish him no harm but so feel that that he has a huge accident awaiting him, and as I say, I wish him no harm and trust that the safety systems in current F1help to ensure that if/when this happens, neither he, or anyone else involved is badly hurt.
If my prediction of bad things comes true, it will be interesting to see what effect that, and his increasing age has on his exhuberant & youthful driving style.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 16:25 (Ref:3720677)   #15
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I think that Verstappen is incredible to watch, spectacular and (apparently) fearless. He also obviously has superb & instinctive car control. Alongside all of this, I also feel that he had been very lucky, some of the moves he has made have been very risky, but he's usually got away with them.
I seriously wish him no harm but so feel that that he has a huge accident awaiting him, and as I say, I wish him no harm and trust that the safety systems in current F1help to ensure that if/when this happens, neither he, or anyone else involved is badly hurt.
If my prediction of bad things comes true, it will be interesting to see what effect that, and his increasing age has on his exhuberant & youthful driving style.
That was kinda in my mind when I wrote that about him losing some of his edge as he matures, for better or worse. I could see a spectacular accident tempering his aggression and he doesn't keep on the trajectory he's on.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 16:40 (Ref:3720683)   #16
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
That was kinda in my mind when I wrote that about him losing some of his edge as he matures, for better or worse. I could see a spectacular accident tempering his aggression and he doesn't keep on the trajectory he's on.

when you've seen Max in F3 or even in karting you know his driving stile always was the same, including overtakes that look risky, but he seems to know exactly what he's doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AviBQPW9RE
Old 22 Mar 2017, 21:34 (Ref:3720763)   #17
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Impressive overtake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 Mar 2017, 21:37 (Ref:3720766)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cool link Steve
Old 23 Mar 2017, 23:18 (Ref:3721015)   #19
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
The FIA have now cleared the way for MV to cause a collision. The rule they bought in last year (because of MV), about moving in the braking zone, has been dropped. Charlie Whiting explains below.

Charlie Whiting: “Some of the incidents that we saw last year may be handled slightly differently, simply because the so-called ‘Verstappen rule’ has gone. Before, we said any move under braking will be investigated.

“Now we have a simple rule which says effectively that if a driver moves erratically or goes unnecessarily slowly or behaves in a manner that could endanger another driver, then he will be investigated. So there’s a very broad rule now.”

“The way we interpreted the regulations last year was to simply use the rules that we had to say that moving under braking was potentially dangerous, and hence would be reported to the stewards every time.

“Each incident will be dealt with only on the basis of whether or not it was a dangerous manoeuvre, not necessarily because he moved under braking.”
Old 24 Mar 2017, 09:09 (Ref:3721091)   #20
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The FIA have now cleared the way for MV to cause a collision. The rule they bought in last year (because of MV), about moving in the braking zone, has been dropped. Charlie Whiting explains below.

Charlie Whiting: “Some of the incidents that we saw last year may be handled slightly differently, simply because the so-called ‘Verstappen rule’ has gone. Before, we said any move under braking will be investigated.

“Now we have a simple rule which says effectively that if a driver moves erratically or goes unnecessarily slowly or behaves in a manner that could endanger another driver, then he will be investigated. So there’s a very broad rule now.”

“The way we interpreted the regulations last year was to simply use the rules that we had to say that moving under braking was potentially dangerous, and hence would be reported to the stewards every time.

“Each incident will be dealt with only on the basis of whether or not it was a dangerous manoeuvre, not necessarily because he moved under braking.”

some peoplke seem tom be obsessed with Max his driving stile.

just how many crashes was he involved in since he entered F1?

he is'nt Grosjean or Maldonado.................................
Old 24 Mar 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3721207)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm glad they've changed so it's not overpoliced, they just need to make sure the drivers use their common sense
Old 26 Mar 2017, 00:25 (Ref:3721510)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
some peoplke seem tom be obsessed with Max
Yes, they certainly do.
Old 26 Mar 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3721653)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
some people seem to be obsessed with Max his driving stile.

Has Lewis changed his name?

Surely there can't be another driver drawing obsessive comment?
Old 26 Mar 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3721656)   #24
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bad weekend for Danny. First blood to Max then. He did a decent job of keeping Lewis behind him and probably helped Vettel out a little bit.

We'll just have to wait and see if China delivers more luck for the Honey Badger?
Old 27 Mar 2017, 18:15 (Ref:3721933)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

Not really a fair comparison in Oz, we need them both to have a trouble free weekend in China