Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Aug 2015, 06:12 (Ref:3564079)   #1
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kuala Lumpar Grand Prix?

Anyone know anything about this? Motors TV advertising coverage sunday next-trailer seems to indicate some sort of GT race.
Old 6 Aug 2015, 06:14 (Ref:3564080)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
AUSSIE TO TACKLE INAUGURAL KL GT CITY CUP

Also 5 v8 supercars doing demonstration races

Last edited by peckstar; 6 Aug 2015 at 06:22.
Old 6 Aug 2015, 06:20 (Ref:3564082)   #3
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Be interested to see how the 4 GT3 cars compare in laptimes with the Super Trofeo cars.
Old 6 Aug 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3564176)   #4
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I'm interested in watching this. Have spent many days in downtown KL on those streets, would be cool to see cars racing on them. Last May I stayed in the Marriott around the block from the Hard Rock, I think the cars are supposed to turn right at that intersection if I'm not mistaken.

I sent a message to the official account on twitter asking if there was going to be a stream of the race, never got a response. Hopefully there will be something after the fact.

Schedule of races looks good, cheap ticket too if you're in the area. Looked like a little over $100 for a grandstand seat for the entire event.
Old 6 Aug 2015, 16:51 (Ref:3564187)   #5
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I sent a message to the official account on twitter asking if there was going to be a stream of the race, never got a response. Hopefully there will be something after the fact.
Found this: http://gtcitygrandprix.com/news/inde...adcaster-list/

no mention of live streaming.
Old 6 Aug 2015, 17:41 (Ref:3564196)   #6
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Found this: http://gtcitygrandprix.com/news/inde...adcaster-list/

no mention of live streaming.
Cool, thanks. I think ESPN3 does on demand for a short time after the event if I remember correctly back to my ALMS ESPN3 days.

The last day of racing and the main race are basically on in the middle of the night here on the East Coast of the US (as I suppose the other days are too), so watching live would be difficult.

It should be interesting to see how this goes down as that area is notorious for mid to late afternoon daily thunderstorms, some that become torrential downpours! Would have been cool if they'd made it a night race, the Petronas Towers lit up the way they are every night would have made for an amazing backdrop!
Old 7 Aug 2015, 02:12 (Ref:3564285)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
racing has been delayed until this afternoon due to track construction issues
Old 7 Aug 2015, 06:26 (Ref:3564312)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Im lead to belive this is a link to live timing (although havent seen it work yet)

live timing
Old 7 Aug 2015, 17:32 (Ref:3564422)   #9
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4463137&type=1

Old 10 Aug 2015, 18:57 (Ref:3565172)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lol I love this event poster with picture stolen from 2009 FIA GT and bunch of old GT1 & GT2 cars in it (if only )

Old 10 Aug 2015, 20:36 (Ref:3565188)   #11
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Haha that's pretty funny. Indeed-if only
Old 10 Aug 2015, 20:46 (Ref:3565190)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was wondering what circuit that would be because of the street stripes in the asphalt, but then I just realized it's just been photoshopped and this must be late in the 2009 season because of front starting K+K Saleen and Brazilian branded DKR Corvette there. So it is Hungaroring 2 Hours.

Same exact pic

Last edited by Deleted; 10 Aug 2015 at 21:03.
Old 12 Aug 2015, 11:07 (Ref:3565552)   #13
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have attend the event and photos are there,enjoy!

http://www.motorsport.com/gt/photos/...=-6&oft=42&p=2
Old 12 Aug 2015, 12:46 (Ref:3565573)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Head View Post
I have attend the event and photos are there,enjoy!

http://www.motorsport.com/gt/photos/...=-6&oft=42&p=2
How was it?
Old 12 Aug 2015, 13:10 (Ref:3565575)   #15
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
How was it?
of course there would be much room to improve but amazing track