Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Mar 2018, 03:49 (Ref:3810554)   #101
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Nearly nodded off watching that,was saving the snoozing until the F1 comes on.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 04:20 (Ref:3810557)   #102
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Are we tired of this yet?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Mar 2018, 04:50 (Ref:3810563)   #103
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Are we tired of this yet?
I dont think i will be tired of it too the last round in Newcastle
Old 25 Mar 2018, 08:06 (Ref:3810598)   #104
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stewards Review Held Over To Tasmania

Too busy running to the trackside champagne room to get stuff done?
Old 25 Mar 2018, 08:19 (Ref:3810603)   #105
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

You can kind of understand that, Melbourne GP, let them enjoy
Old 25 Mar 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3810610)   #106
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Plus all the stewards gear would travel around in the big white truck and needs to be packed up so all can vacate Albert Park in the required time frame - same would apply for portable buildings etc.

On top of that, drivers and teams would have commitments to go and be with sponsors for the F1 race etc.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 09:29 (Ref:3810620)   #107
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Plus all the stewards gear would travel around in the big white truck and needs to be packed up so all can vacate Albert Park in the required time frame - same would apply for portable buildings etc.

On top of that, drivers and teams would have commitments to go and be with sponsors for the F1 race etc.
Its not just this event this has happened at..
Old 25 Mar 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3810626)   #108
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Its not just this event this has happened at..
For the same reasons - drivers and teams have flights to get, as do the people who pack up the big white rigs, as for that matter do the stewards, senior event officials etc.

When there are a number of things to consider, time runs out really easily. Unnecessarily harsh to be critical of hearings on incidents being held over to the next race meeting.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3810729)   #109
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Enjoyed the races on the weekend. Good mix of winners.

I see there is discussion regarding if it should continue as a points race.

Too me it didnt seem any different than when it wasn't a points race
Old 25 Mar 2018, 23:06 (Ref:3810752)   #110
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

Me too.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 23:17 (Ref:3810756)   #111
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see Scotty Pye take his first win and what I way to get it done.
Super impressed with his effort and those conditions.

Great also to see Reynolds with his elbows out to take the lead and then another win for him and his team.

With some mixed up grids to the norm will we see some modification to qualifying? - it certainly produced some interesting results and battles
Old 26 Mar 2018, 00:10 (Ref:3810771)   #112
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many tyres did the cars get for the weekend?
Did Winterbottom and Waters put green tyres on when they pitted in Sunday's race?
Old 26 Mar 2018, 00:17 (Ref:3810774)   #113
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
How many tyres did the cars get for the weekend?
Did Winterbottom and Waters put green tyres on when they pitted in Sunday's race?
24 SS, so no shortage, helped by a wet race on Saturday though
Old 26 Mar 2018, 01:18 (Ref:3810777)   #114
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
For the same reasons - drivers and teams have flights to get, as do the people who pack up the big white rigs, as for that matter do the stewards, senior event officials etc.

When there are a number of things to consider, time runs out really easily. Unnecessarily harsh to be critical of hearings on incidents being held over to the next race meeting.
The thing to appreciate in the wider world I guess is that the world of sports betting exists here too. Some providers offer quite a spread of betting options, and their payouts, on the call of the day, may not deliver the same results to them or the punters post-hearing.

I don’t consider the complaint harsh. Unavailability of people in a series sponsored by an airline (so flights should be able to be easily changed) doesn’t sit well.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 02:07 (Ref:3810783)   #115
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
The thing to appreciate in the wider world I guess is that the world of sports betting exists here too. Some providers offer quite a spread of betting options, and their payouts, on the call of the day, may not deliver the same results to them or the punters post-hearing.

I don’t consider the complaint harsh. Unavailability of people in a series sponsored by an airline (so flights should be able to be easily changed) doesn’t sit well.
You better go and tell the football codes to scrap their tribunals in that case. If there's betting on outcomes that might get impacted by judicial decisions, tough luck.

Judicial decisions need to be made correctly, with evidence and testimony from all parties concerned to be fair and reasonable. Whilst there is always a desire to get that done "on the day" it isn't always possible due to a variety of issues, some of which I've mentioned.

To accuse stewards of not completing hearings due to an alleged need to head off to the "Champagne room" is a cheap shot and unbecoming of you GTR.Dress it up any way you like to try and justify your original post but it just doesn't wash.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 02:12 (Ref:3810784)   #116
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
You better go and tell the football codes to scrap their tribunals in that case. If there's betting on outcomes that might get impacted by judicial decisions, tough luck.

Judicial decisions need to be made correctly, with evidence and testimony from all parties concerned to be fair and reasonable. Whilst there is always a desire to get that done "on the day" it isn't always possible due to a variety of issues, some of which I've mentioned.

To accuse stewards of not completing hearings due to an alleged need to head off to the "Champagne room" is a cheap shot and unbecoming of you GTR.Dress it up any way you like to try and justify your original post but it just doesn't wash.
even more so when the key results are not affected
Old 26 Mar 2018, 02:33 (Ref:3810786)   #117
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If we're making decisions on running the sport (or any sport outside of the horse/dog racing codes) based off betting agencies, then we have truly lost our way.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 04:01 (Ref:3810794)   #118
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
even more so when the key results are not affected
But unlike most sports Supercars tend to change the results by punishing the offender retrospectively in the the event the incident occurred rather than what most sports do - punish the offender for the next event.

Steve Smith is banned for the next test. If he was in Supercars his runs scored in the third test would be deducted from the Australia team score and he would be free to play in the next test.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 04:25 (Ref:3810798)   #119
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
But unlike most sports Supercars tend to change the results by punishing the offender retrospectively in the the event the incident occurred rather than what most sports do - punish the offender for the next event.

Steve Smith is banned for the next test. If he was in Supercars his runs scored in the third test would be deducted from the Australia team score and he would be free to play in the next test.
Not necessarily - there have been plenty of instances where championship points get deducted, not impacting on the results of the race meeting where the infringement happened, or a monetary fine is imposed.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 04:41 (Ref:3810801)   #120
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post

Ive seen goals disallowed because of an infringement in all football codes.

However in the case of smith he was deliberately cheating, a rare occurrence in any sport and thus it is not wise to compare

Cant think of a time where the winner has been changed post race, Im sure it has happened but very rare

Ie why they dealt with Scott so quickly at newcastle
Old 26 Mar 2018, 06:11 (Ref:3810806)   #121
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I think its great to be running around for points, but the race format was a bit Mickey Mouse for mine.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 08:11 (Ref:3810827)   #122
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Cant think of a time where the winner has been changed post race, Im sure it has happened but very rare

Ie why they dealt with Scott so quickly at newcastle
Bathurst 1987 comes to mind, took months to declare Brocky the winner.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 08:17 (Ref:3810830)   #123
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Ive seen goals disallowed because of an infringement in all football codes.
Sure, but not after the game has concluded.

Supercars should keep the results as the flag falls (unless there is a technical infringement) and penalties applied for the next race.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3810831)   #124
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:

Thankfully it has been quite rare - off the top of my head I can think of only three instances over the history of the ATCC / Supercars.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 09:32 (Ref:3810857)   #125
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Bathurst 1987 comes to mind, took months to declare Brocky the winner.
True 30 years ago. I guess the key thing was then thta it wasnt an on track incident. Similar to Storm having their Premierships taken off them for salary cap breaches.

Most time on track incidents are dealt with very promptly.