Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 4 Jun 2003, 20:47 (Ref:621057)   #1
augt
Rookie

augt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZ CarClub Scene

Hello.

Can all NZ'ers on this forum put your hand up and tell me which car club you are joined to.
I'm keen to join one in Auckland - I've been looking at joing the Hibiscus Coast Car Club because its close to home. I'm new to motorsport scene. and im keen to meet new ppl in tha scene.
So any advice about joining a club would be great.

Cheers
Old 11 Jun 2003, 18:55 (Ref:628645)   #2
pacmstom
Rookie

pacmstom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
augt,

it seems the kiwis are all a bit shy to reply. i am not affiliated with any car club but i think it would have a lot to do with what sort of cars you are interested in.

if you go to http://www.motorsport.org.nz/Contacts/contacts.htm and scroll to the bottom of the page to the 'Club Directory' section, you will find all the nz motorsport affiliated clubs.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 19:07 (Ref:628671)   #3
augt
Rookie

augt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Pac
Thx for replying on behalf of all "shy "fellow kiwi members on this board hehe. Yeah i've done alot of visits to that page. So far I've learned from the newcomers link http://www.motorsport.org.nz/Newcomers/newcomers.htm on the site.
Its not really the cars I'm into that I'm wanting to join one, but to develop a career in motorsport. Hell I thought I'd grow up to be an All Black ahahha, however i've found what I really want to do - and thats be part of motorsport. - Just something off note - you know much about how people such as the Great "Possum Bourne" and Fabian Coultard establish their motorsport businesses?

Old 11 Jun 2003, 20:46 (Ref:628834)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
While you're on the discussion, I'm going to be in New Zealand next February, and I'd like to marshal for an event. My itinerary means I'll be in the right place for this: '29/02/2004 RCE NORTHERN SPORTS CAR CLUB CLUBMANS RACE NAT PUKEKOHE' as listed on the NZ calendar, so I'd be interested to know what kind of racing to expect, any contact details, etc. I'd be volunteering for flag, because that means I've only got to bring half the marshalling gear!

Thanks in anticipation,

Chris
Old 17 Jun 2003, 04:51 (Ref:633744)   #5
pacmstom
Rookie

pacmstom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Augt,

Not sure about how they got started but suggest you email the Possum Bourne Performance Workshop at admin@possumbourne.co.nz

I'm sure they will be more than happy to give advice. You could even ring them on +64-9-238 9026

Cheers.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 09:30 (Ref:633907)   #6
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
K1W1 Marshals Contact

Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
While you're on the discussion, I'm going to be in New Zealand next February, and I'd like to marshal for an event. My itinerary means I'll be in the right place for this: '29/02/2004 RCE NORTHERN SPORTS CAR CLUB CLUBMANS RACE NAT PUKEKOHE' as listed on the NZ calendar, so I'd be interested to know what kind of racing to expect, any contact details, etc. I'd be volunteering for flag, because that means I've only got to bring half the marshalling gear!

Thanks in anticipation,

Chris
Chris, try this link - they should be able to advise you what you need to do - enjoy!!

http://www.auckland-marshals.org.nz/
Old 20 Jun 2003, 22:37 (Ref:638074)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Keep trying the link, but it seems to be obsolete. I've e-mailed a couple of people that have been given to me as contacts, but not heard anything yet. Anyone get any other suggestions?
Old 21 Jun 2003, 02:32 (Ref:638156)   #8
Warwick
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Warwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cars Bah humbug,they are for people who lack sufficent cordination and balance to stay upright on two (or three)wheels

Try http://www.motorsport.org.nz
or http://www.aucklandcarclub.org.nz as they probably run the meeting someone from there should be able to help.

dont forget to stop in and say hi when you're down South
Old 22 Jun 2003, 20:42 (Ref:639404)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Thanks, Warwick, I'll try them.

Your description of car people sounds like me. Running can be a challenge sometimes! Fell over in the middle of the track earlier this year while trying to run and kick a piece of bodywork at the same time! Besides, don't mind clearing up bent bodywork, not too keen on bent people. Already collected one motorcyclist this year, fortunately damaged pride and handlebars only.

Would like to meet up when we're there, adding to my list of '10-10thers I have met', and I've never yet met a Kiwi I didn't like. We'll be in Christchurch 3-4th Feb, before continuing round to do some of the tourist things. You couldn't find my wife a job down there, could you?
Old 23 Jun 2003, 03:22 (Ref:639704)   #10
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woolley
Are you planning to leave your wife in NZ??
Old 23 Jun 2003, 04:06 (Ref:639713)   #11
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Christchurch eh?

Canterbury Car Club always run a very popular classics meet (ex-PDL classic) at Ruapuna if you were interested.. Next year its the Jan 31st - Feb 1st
I'm not involved at all but the car club may be able to help if you can get down here a couple of days early
Old 23 Jun 2003, 09:30 (Ref:639886)   #12
steve bang
Rookie

steve bang should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey warrick if you want to make a small fortune out of motor sport,,start with a large one.
no really you need good brakes and a lot of hard work and find the nitch that suits you
Old 23 Jun 2003, 11:01 (Ref:639986)   #13
Warwick
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Warwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Already have Steve,in fact I've found several that suit me,250 Superkarts,Buckets and F1 Sidecars.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 17:40 (Ref:640474)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
lol, mickj, no! If she gets a job, I can stay too. We're not heading there looking for something, but if something were to crop up, who knows? And in her line of work (executive level PA/Secretary) she's probably more likely to find something than me... She's prettier, too!

Last edited by Woolley; 23 Jun 2003 at 17:41.