Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Feb 2017, 09:04 (Ref:3713318)   #16
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
What's so annoying about it? I think it's a good one and I can't remember what it's called, but IIRC, it was by the composer Bizet

Incidentally in 1992 they sprayed champagne to the tune of The Final Countdown
Bizet- Les toreadors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DNGMoMNLRY

BTW: I still miss this old F1 theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiBkydMW8k
Old 20 Feb 2017, 19:25 (Ref:3713510)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes I do miss that old guitar riff of the FIA logo. That was a quality tune and it was a sign that Murray, who had been talking calmly and quietly beforehand, was now about to go into his stride.

I also miss the old music the BBC used for the starting grid, especially Ivory Tower, although one of the tunes C4 use for their ad breaks for some reason reminds me of the one the used in the 90s
Old 20 Feb 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3713533)   #18
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!
To be honest I hadn't paid much attention to the music and it wasn't until I watched the videos above did it trigger the memory. And then I watched the video with the guitar riff intro... Wow! The nostalgic memory on that one! I didn't realize I missed it until hearing it again.

Richard
Old 21 Feb 2017, 11:37 (Ref:3713665)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Haha, that gets my vote.

https://youtu.be/x5sQL7q_IOI

Edit: I don't know how many of you know this but Benny Hill was hugely popular in the States.
Benny Hill should be played during the race; not after.

Old 21 Feb 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3713726)   #20
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Benny Hill right from the lights!
Old 22 Feb 2017, 00:25 (Ref:3713857)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Benny Hill right from the lights!
It would add something to recessional racing , .
Old 25 Feb 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3714664)   #22
coppice
Racer

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And even more for processional races perhaps ?
Old 26 Feb 2017, 10:06 (Ref:3714809)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've often said a fast forward button on a controller should come with the Yakety Sax song and the slow motion button has chariots of fire
Old 26 Feb 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3714813)   #24
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not the podium song, but word is THIS is the new F1 anthem for this year.
Old 26 Feb 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3714828)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Not the podium song, but word is THIS is the new F1 anthem for this year.
I hope not.