Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3769052)   #5446
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I hear the turn one gravel trap added after that is called the "Keslowski catcher.

Poor guy came down the front straight and was confronted with e right (wrong) turn. I guess he was trying to find the button or lever which made the car turn the wrong way, couldn't find it, and slammed the wall.
We refer to any wide or straight on mistake at T1 as the "Keso line".
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
God gives you 2 feet for a reason. In case something happens to one of them...

And i'm sure the barriers looked like this before the crash:
Still incredible to see...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Hey look, it's worse case senerio guy.
Hey! One slight error either mechanically or operator can end in a big big issue... Just saying!

It is a beautiful day, however. That better?
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:50 (Ref:3769063)   #5447
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
We refer to any wide or straight on mistake at T1 as the "Keso line".
In my land, we would call you an ass.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 14:12 (Ref:3769070)   #5448
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Looks like we may find out if Penske will be at Petit with a P-2.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14435...rst-acura-test

L.P.
From the article (as I'm still playing a little catchup), not sure how the storm would've impacted the actual surface, maybe facilities??

Tim Cindric told RACER. "We were able to get him out there and get him a flavor for it. We were a bit concerned about the condition of the track after the hurricanes, but that turned out to be OK. So, we were able to shake down there and spend a couple days there understanding what we don't know. That track shakes a lot of bugs loose."

But to my earlier point, "that track shakes a lot bugs loose!"

Hoping for a successful CLEAN day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
The feeling is likely mutual on any land.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3769075)   #5449
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
From the article (as I'm still playing a little catchup), not sure how the storm would've impacted the actual surface, maybe facilities??

Tim Cindric told RACER. "We were able to get him out there and get him a flavor for it. We were a bit concerned about the condition of the track after the hurricanes, but that turned out to be OK. So, we were able to shake down there and spend a couple days there understanding what we don't know. That track shakes a lot of bugs loose."

But to my earlier point, "that track shakes a lot bugs loose!"

Hoping for a successful CLEAN day.

Two separate bug zappers though. They were already in Sebring where bugs got shook loose, and are now moving on to Road Atlanta.

L.P.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3769078)   #5450
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Two separate bug zappers though. They were already in Sebring where bugs got shook loose, and are now moving on to Road Atlanta.

L.P.
That's where the hurricane actually hit - I'll read in lieu if skimming next time

Keep her on the gray stuff! Which I believe there's been some new grey stuff place in some corners and I know there's been some gray stuff removed from the esses.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3769116)   #5451
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
We refer to any wide or straight on mistake at T1 as the "Keso line". Still incredible to see...Hey! One slight error either mechanically or operator can end in a big big issue... Just saying!

It is a beautiful day, however. That better?
they keep moving the tires further and further up the hill, yet people keep running into the barriers just past where the tires stop. Just tire the whole damn stretch. Although with Keso, it didn't matter much.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3769121)   #5452
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Quote:
He beat me to it but was going to say exactly that
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:00 (Ref:3769126)   #5453
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
they keep moving the tires further and further up the hill, yet people keep running into the barriers just past where the tires stop. Just tire the whole damn stretch. Although with Keso, it didn't matter much.
Yes. Tires on all jersey barriers, please!
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:06 (Ref:3769130)   #5454
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes. Tires on all jersey barriers, please!
Hey, they are trying to line 285 and 85 with tires. It might take a min and there are ladders in the way but our Atlanta drivers are doing their best
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3769143)   #5455
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
He beat me to it but was going to say exactly that
HEY!!
Old 21 Sep 2017, 22:50 (Ref:3769170)   #5456
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It is a beautiful day, however.
Yes it seems it was.

https://twitter.com/RoadAtlanta/stat...94528882044928

L.P.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 17:18 (Ref:3769304)   #5457
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In an article on S365, Scott Sharp thinks the p2's will be competitive at Laguna. But the part that was interesting to me was the comment about weight:

Quote:
“I’m expecting the LMP2-spec cars to be very fast,” Sharp told Sportscar365. “With the lack of the long straightaway, it’s really going to appeal to a car that’s 100 pounds lighter than everybody.
I guess I didn't realize that the P2's were so much lighter. Is the extra weight in DPi's mandated? or just an artifact of the cars who are competing?
Old 22 Sep 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3769305)   #5458
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
In an article on S365, Scott Sharp thinks the p2's will be competitive at Laguna. But the part that was interesting to me was the comment about weight:

I guess I didn't realize that the P2's were so much lighter. Is the extra weight in DPi's mandated? or just an artifact of the cars who are competing?

Yet the rules show them at the same weight, except for the Caddy being heavier by BoP.

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...nd_gtd_bop.pdf

L.P.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3769312)   #5459
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Yet the rules show them at the same weight, except for the Caddy being heavier by BoP.

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...nd_gtd_bop.pdf

L.P.
So perhaps it is just an issue of making the minimum weight for the Nissan and Mazda cars.

Would be interesting to see the actual car weights imsa records during the events.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3769334)   #5460
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
We know the Riley in general is overweight, and supposedly the Nissan engine is heavier than preferable.