Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Aug 2017, 16:45 (Ref:3761728)   #16
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Track looks immaculate. As visually stunning as any in the world.
'Haven't caught it yet. Have they made change(s)?

jimclark
Old 26 Aug 2017, 20:09 (Ref:3761760)   #17
h4887
Rookie

England
Braintree,Essex
h4887 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Until 1970, it was run on a fearsome, much longer incarnation of the circuit (14.9km at its maximum length) than the contemporary one,"

I was there in 1972 for the 1000K, and it was still 8 miles round...
Old 26 Aug 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3761767)   #18
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.circuitsofthepast.nl/francorchamps

jimclark
Old 26 Aug 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3761771)   #19
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only me that felt a bit sorry for Jolyon then? Hope he doesn't end up with a gearbox pen as well.
Old 26 Aug 2017, 23:23 (Ref:3761791)   #20
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have never seen the tyres wobble like that. The slow motion footage shown during qualifying of the rear tyres contact patch (and the rear of the cars) wobbling side to side is very concerning. The vibrations could lead to car failure and that can be very concerning here in Spa and the next race in Monza due to the speeds reached.
Old 26 Aug 2017, 23:27 (Ref:3761792)   #21
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Only me that felt a bit sorry for Jolyon then? Hope he doesn't end up with a gearbox pen as well.
I second that, dude was flying all weekend, great to watch, attacking every single curve. even his q2 lap could beat hulk's q3 one, i hope he gets a car to kick ass with tomorrow
Old 27 Aug 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3761926)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
That was a very clean start. Alonso up from 10th to 7th.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3761932)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
That's Verstappen's race run. It looks like another engine failure.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 13:00 (Ref:3761947)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
The first FCY of the race. Debris on the track from the two Force India's coming together. Both Hamilton and Vettel pit.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3761949)   #25
billy bleach
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perez. Dirty in F3, still dirty now....
Old 27 Aug 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3761967)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
Congrats to Lewis on winning what was a rather dull race. He closes the gap on Vettel.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 13:44 (Ref:3761984)   #27
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm astonished that Perez wasn't penalised.....
Old 27 Aug 2017, 13:47 (Ref:3761987)   #28
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm astonished that Perez wasn't penalised.....
He certainly deserved it but I think the puncture and the debrief with the team may be more painful than anything the stewards were likely to do, which may have figured in their decision.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3761995)   #29
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
True enough I guess, but as was commented upon, minor nudges in corners or pushing people off in relatively innocuous areas gets penalised, a bigger shunt there could have been catastrophic.....
Old 27 Aug 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3762002)   #30
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Hungary Max recieved a penalty for running into his teammate by accident.

now Perez pushes his teammate into the wall TWICE: "no further action"

this makes no sense at all