Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 8 Mar 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1540084)   #151
Raymondo
Rookie

Raymondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whatever....... if you were at Brands Hatch you couldnt fail to have noticed that it was packed........ packed solid. It was a fantastic event as have been all of the other races that i have attended. Roll on Season 2!!!
Old 8 Mar 2006, 09:02 (Ref:1540086)   #152
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I think it's fair to say that Brands was packed for several reasons. First of all MSV promoted the meeting very heavily and secondly, it was the first A1GP race ever and therefore drew more than other events may have done.
Old 8 Mar 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1540088)   #153
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
So what, this is nothing new! Lots of very large profitable companies are slow at paying invoices.
its all to do with counterparty risk - if your c/p has a strong stand alone financial standing then you can take an informed credit stance on the lateness of the payments, however if the financials are less clear than you are forced to take a more defensive stance. Vague spurious connections to Dubai is possibly a little to tenious a counterparty risk for some suppliers to provide extended credit.
I would have thought a more intelligent stance would be to show rapid payment in the early stages in the absence of a strong balance sheet and that way whilst reputation is being established they are fewer critics...
just a thought as I am an investment banker rather than in the industry!
Old 8 Mar 2006, 09:04 (Ref:1540089)   #154
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well said Simon (from one banker to another)
Old 8 Mar 2006, 12:38 (Ref:1540264)   #155
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
its all to do with counterparty risk - if your c/p has a strong stand alone financial standing then you can take an informed credit stance on the lateness of the payments, however if the financials are less clear than you are forced to take a more defensive stance. Vague spurious connections to Dubai is possibly a little to tenious a counterparty risk for some suppliers to provide extended credit.
I would have thought a more intelligent stance would be to show rapid payment in the early stages in the absence of a strong balance sheet and that way whilst reputation is being established they are fewer critics...
just a thought as I am an investment banker rather than in the industry!
Agreed wholly, although I would point out that in the Middle East they do seem to prefer the "don't you know how I am" approach to being asked about financial standing rather than actually stumping up evidence or indeed cash. So your approach is obviously the right one to follow, I can honestly say I'm not suprised they did it this way.
Old 8 Mar 2006, 15:17 (Ref:1540369)   #156
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the "dont you know who I am" approach would cut more ice if he was a brother not a cousin. Also from my experience they are sufficiently savvy these days to realize that the world outside the ME doesn't operate on local ways. Reciprocity is thier big thing in which case they could start with "you give me tyres and I will recipicate by paying for them!"
Old 8 Mar 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1540385)   #157
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Well said Simon (from one banker to another)
Bankers!
Old 8 Mar 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1540529)   #158
simon drabble
Veteran

it is unfortunate rhyming slang I grant you!
Old 8 Mar 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1540573)   #159
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll give you that.