Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Feb 2008, 14:20 (Ref:2134200)   #1
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
LMS HTTT test 2008

Entry list for LMS test at Paul Richard: http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=4942

Peugeot is not on the list. They tested a lot during winter on this track.
Embassy and Horag are also missing.

Last edited by gwyllion; 21 Feb 2008 at 14:23.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 14:22 (Ref:2134205)   #2
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting. Who are Strakka Racing? An existing team rebadged or a new team that bought someone else's DBR9..?
Old 21 Feb 2008, 14:50 (Ref:2134236)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What the hell is car 93 ..... the team is down as Aston Martin Racing !!!

Must be a missprint ?

Straka Racing !?!?!?
Old 21 Feb 2008, 15:15 (Ref:2134251)   #4
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
What the hell is car 93 ..... the team is down as Aston Martin Racing !!!

Must be a missprint ?

Straka Racing !?!?!?
93 is JWA, remember they are inscribed with an Aston and their Porsche.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 15:30 (Ref:2134267)   #5
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Interesting. Who are Strakka Racing? An existing team rebadged or a new team that bought someone else's DBR9..?
Apparently it's the Peter Hardman/Nick Leventis DBR9 that ran in the Vallelunga 6-hours race last year under the 'EDM Motorpsort' banner. Sounds as if they might be planning an LMS appearance or two?
http://www.racingworld.it/fiagt/foto...cup_vallelunga
Old 21 Feb 2008, 15:34 (Ref:2134272)   #6
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
Apparently it's the Peter Hardman/Nick Leventis DBR9 that ran in the Vallelunga 6-hours race last year under the 'EDM Motorpsort' banner. Sounds as if they might be planning an LMS appearance or two?
from DSC it apears they applied for an entry but didnt get accepted, as teams have to confirm if they will be at the Ricard test beffor the LMS Entry list is finalized.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 16:18 (Ref:2134311)   #7
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
wouldnt it be better for them to go to citation cup in fia gt?
Old 21 Feb 2008, 17:50 (Ref:2134384)   #8
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the 93 Aston Martin Racing car is changed from Porsche to V8 Vantage GT2
Old 21 Feb 2008, 23:29 (Ref:2134605)   #9
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouter Melissen of UltimateCarPage should have a nice image gallery of the test
Old 22 Feb 2008, 01:38 (Ref:2134669)   #10
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Odd how few are running 24 hour simulation- and i can guarantee you one that won't make it trouble free without a miracle (it's flying a russian flag )

But if anyone lucky enough to be living on the south coast of france is gonna get bothered by a race car, it may as well be that one!
Old 22 Feb 2008, 08:24 (Ref:2134792)   #11
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=minimangler]Odd how few are running 24 hour simulation- and i can guarantee you one that won't make it trouble free without a miracle (it's flying a russian flag )
quote]

One word...... Money!
Besides are they all going to LM? If not, whats the point of doing a 24 hour simulation if you are only running in 1000km races?
Old 22 Feb 2008, 08:45 (Ref:2134802)   #12
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
You mean the Lambo ? Its being run by Reiter eng , so if anybody can make a Lambo last , they can .

I must admit , Ive never seen a full spec Lambo running (I dont consider that JLOC Lambo full spec) and cant wait to see that raising hell at Le Mans ..... and It will sound lovely and spit flame too !!!
Old 22 Feb 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2134960)   #13
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
You mean the Lambo ? Its being run by Reiter eng , so if anybody can make a Lambo last , they can .

I must admit , Ive never seen a full spec Lambo running (I dont consider that JLOC Lambo full spec) and cant wait to see that raising hell at Le Mans ..... and It will sound lovely and spit flame too !!!
MATE! There is something beyond everything else that Lamborghini has. Primeval I suppose. Did you miss FIA GT last year?

But I doubt the Lambo will last 24, sadly. Could be wrong!
Old 22 Feb 2008, 12:32 (Ref:2134964)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

Ive seen it on TV and utube , but never seen a good one yet , cant wait to see and hear the Reiter one .

By a good one , I dont mean that crok of **** that JLOC had . Ive seen that !!! Wasnt impressed at all at all .
Old 22 Feb 2008, 12:33 (Ref:2134965)   #15
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Ive seen it on TV and utube , but never seen a good one yet , cant wait to see and hear the Reiter one .

By a good one , I dont mean that crok of **** that JLOC had . Ive seen that !!! Wasnt impressed at all at all .
I don't understand why JLOC didn't half hand their entry over to Reiter to get a real car. That would have made a whole lot more sense. Poor Marco Appicella (did i spell that right?)
Old 22 Feb 2008, 12:37 (Ref:2134968)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

Only 1 pee i think .

But yeah .... that would have made perfect sense . I reckon thats why they are not getting an invite this yeas , cuz of their dismal performance last year . Plus the fact that there are a few extra cars from Japan this year .

Thank god that the CAO saw the light , for a change .

Ive noticed that the VS Spyder has the 3 light system installed . Does this mean that they will run this system in the LMS this year and not just at Le Mans ?
Old 22 Feb 2008, 12:44 (Ref:2134974)   #17
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Only 1 pee i think .

But yeah .... that would have made perfect sense . I reckon thats why they are not getting an invite this yeas , cuz of their dismal performance last year . Plus the fact that there are a few extra cars from Japan this year .

Thank god that the CAO saw the light , for a change .

Ive noticed that the VS Spyder has the 3 light system installed . Does this mean that they will run this system in the LMS this year and not just at Le Mans ?
You'll probably find it's a Spyder standard fit (ALMS car)? That's an educated guess...but again, I'm probably wrong.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 12:56 (Ref:2134988)   #18
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
You'll probably find it's a Spyder standard fit (ALMS car)? That's an educated guess...but again, I'm probably wrong.
I doubt that it's standard fit, these are hand built racing cars, not production line Fords!

The system used at LM last year was a different one to the ALMS one, just had the lights in the same position. Lets just hope that it does get used in LMS and at LM again.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 15:02 (Ref:2135079)   #19
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I noticed that 2 Audis are there. Do they have more than 2 '08 spec R10s built already, or are they gonna ship the cars to Sebring immediatly after the test, as the 2nd Creation, Horag-Lista RS Spyder, and another car are already in route to Florida?
Old 22 Feb 2008, 15:34 (Ref:2135100)   #20
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Didn't JLOC run an old car borrowed from DAMS last year, after their 'proper' race car was totalled in a practice shunt? Was that a Reiter chassis, or an older one?
Old 22 Feb 2008, 15:47 (Ref:2135101)   #21
aiwa
Rookie

aiwa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Position Lighting System

The three light system is now in the 2008 LMS/ACO regs and should be fitted to all cars -
LMP1 Red
LMP2 Blue
LMGT1 Green
LMGT2 Yellow
in time for the first LMS round in Barcelona.

With LEDs the way they are I can't understand why they do not put a panel of LEDs in the sides of the car to show actual position in the race. It would only need something about 25cm by 20cm and could show all the way down to 99th place.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 15:54 (Ref:2135105)   #22
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiwa
With LEDs the way they are I can't understand why they do not put a panel of LEDs in the sides of the car to show actual position in the race. It would only need something about 25cm by 20cm and could show all the way down to 99th place.
yes because that would be alot easyer to see when the car is flying past you at 170mph.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 16:07 (Ref:2135111)   #23
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
yes because that would be alot easyer to see when the car is flying past you at 170mph.
haha!
nail.
head.

SMACK.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 16:31 (Ref:2135120)   #24
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All the Muricelagos that have been run in Europe are Reiter cars, I don't really understand the confusion. The ones run in America ever so briefly were too. The fact is that the spec has evolved many many times since the first car debuted at Monza way back when in Capello and Kristensen's hands, so not all Reiter cars are created equal (and not all run by Reiter, though most have had their support). The JLOC car and replacement DAMS car were both not the latest '07 spec like the 2 All-Inkl/Reiter FIA cars were last year (though I think of the 3 chassis they had, not all were 07 builds, and some were at various upgrade stages at the start of the year). So maybe I do understand some of the confusion!
Old 22 Feb 2008, 16:43 (Ref:2135123)   #25
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
Wouter Melissen of UltimateCarPage should have a nice image gallery of the test

Unfortuneately no Pugs on it this time !