Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 21 Jul 2007, 17:53 (Ref:1969291)   #1
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ultimate turbo F1 track...

Hey fellow My Trackers - I'm still here

Just wondering - what would be the ideal circuit for 1980's turbo F1 cars? Looking back, a hell of a lot of tracks from that period had long straights and fast sweeping corners - Spa, the O'ring, Silverstone, Brands, old Imola etc. What do you think?

Perhaps you guys could come up with a few tracks that would be good. They wouldn't necessarily have to facilitate overtaking in a Tilke sort of way, because that wasn't such an issue
Old 21 Jul 2007, 20:05 (Ref:1969387)   #2
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about this?, I designed it last weeekend.
Attached Thumbnails
track 2.bmp  
Old 22 Jul 2007, 09:04 (Ref:1969709)   #3
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In that list of tracks promoting the turbo style, there should be included Dijon Prenois (which seems rather boring without turbos and ground effect) and the old Kyalami, too.

Tathrim: that's a great track! It's simple, yet effective - and that's the most difficult type of track to design. Let me now nominate your design as the new French GP track :-)
Old 23 Jul 2007, 16:34 (Ref:1971278)   #4
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
why thankyou, Yannick. Now looking at it after creation, I think that I should give a tour of the circuit, as I wasn't sure of the gradients.

The whole track would be in length similar to the old Kyalami, and is anti clockwise in it's design. From the line (about two-thirds down the start finish straight), we have an uphill climb through turn one in to the crest of two (both 2nd/3rd) which is sitting on the peak of a mound which drops down in to three, a challenging 4th gear kink, which brings you to the contant radius of four (3rd/4th) in to thew bow of turn five. The cars then start plunging vigourously downhill, with some cars bottoming out in the trough, before a rise upwards, over a blind kink, in to a tight left-straight-right (like a mountain road), before a flowing turns 8 and 9, providing a fast straight (which crests, in contrast to the opposite straight), and an opportunity to overtake in to the last turn on the track.

and there you have it, on to another lap.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 12:04 (Ref:1972057)   #5
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here´s my atempt.

The track runs anti-clockwise. From the start/finish straight the cars go through a very fast S-section, then the track runs slightly upphill through turns 2 and 3 but flattens out just before the nr 4 chicane. The fast, double-apex turns 5 and 6 runs pretty steep downhill and the nr 7 corner is just at the bottom before it start running upphill again through turn 8 all the way up to turn 9 where it flattens out again. The straight between turns 10 and 11 runs downhill but flattens out before 11. 11-12 and the pit-straight is flat.
Attached Thumbnails
123.GIF  
Old 24 Jul 2007, 16:49 (Ref:1972275)   #6
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is my attempt, I'm quite proud of it. It's called Wolston, and taking you on a lap I tried to give the start/finish an old fashioned feel to it. I envisage the whole start/finish section to undulate from high to low, rising again through the esses.

Imagine if you will the start at Spa Francorchamps, and you'll see the way the cars would line up around the bend. I took influence from maybe of the original turbo friendly circuits with radial bends and the first instance of this would be Peak after the blast from the start straight through the esses and up the hill.

The Spine is deathly frightening, and swoops downhill before curving into Forster which is a real tricky bend. Tears tightens on exit to a long straight, before Stanton which rises gradually uphill.

Then a short spurt upto Carvell which puts you onto another bring straight before Mays, a multi-apex bend which curves around at the finish to start another lap.

Some nice cambers throughout! I'd be really excited to drive it.

Old 24 Jul 2007, 19:38 (Ref:1972411)   #7
Iceman13
Racer

Finland
Vantaa, Finland
Iceman13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
martin-1: I really like the look of it. I would love to drive that.
Mr Pink: Not bad at all.
Tathrim: Great track.

Last edited by Iceman13; 24 Jul 2007 at 19:40.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 10:43 (Ref:1972955)   #8
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paul, yours is just gorgeous...
Old 25 Jul 2007, 13:31 (Ref:1973087)   #9
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha, it's not every day I hear that so cheers mate!
Old 26 Jul 2007, 10:03 (Ref:1973755)   #10
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Very nice, yet again, martin -1