Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 25 Jun 2015, 21:47 (Ref:3553960)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A challenge

I think all the current users have had a try at an airport circuit at one time or another, well on my fantasy travels around Google Earth I have found an airport that's just screams racing potential to me.

The challenge is of course open to Newbies, those that haven't been around for a while and of course those regular contributors.

So you have to come up with a short (touring car type) circuit of around 4km (2 1/2 miles), and then extend it into an F1 or Indycar type circuit of around 6 km (3 3/4 miles).

You can only use the existing tarmac runways, taxiways and hard standing for the track and pit lane, the paddock can be on the grass if you wish.

You can use any medium, you like from downloading the picture below and drawing over it in paint, the measurement tool on Google Earth/Maps Does Gmaps pedometer still work? of you can import the bit of the circuit you want into Sketchup and make your layout over that

OK so where are we doing this.....

Copenhagen Airport in Denmark
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copenhagen.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	578.6 KB
ID:	45367
Old 26 Jun 2015, 12:17 (Ref:3554056)   #2
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Long circuit:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6645385

Short circuit:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6645377
Old 26 Jun 2015, 17:21 (Ref:3554106)   #3
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WTCC:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=6645591

F1:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=6645604
Old 26 Jun 2015, 22:52 (Ref:3554161)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's my attempt

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copenhagen design.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	527.5 KB
ID:	45380

The short circuit is 4.3kms and the long circuit is 5.8kms
Old 2 Jul 2015, 20:56 (Ref:3555468)   #5
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my try: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6650554

pit area would be the straight between the busstop and the 4km mark.