Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Aug 2000, 23:01 (Ref:34091)   #1
nane
Rookie

nane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watch out for Fernando Alonso..... He´s gonna be the new M. Schumacher.... We have a new f1 driver hero... its not a joke.... u will see.... He´s a crack. He drive as GOD.
Old 30 Aug 2000, 23:44 (Ref:34114)   #2
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They say that about three or four times a year.
Old 30 Aug 2000, 23:46 (Ref:34116)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso is good - Minardi got him as their test driver right from under the nose of Flabio...

Old 31 Aug 2000, 16:47 (Ref:34246)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso will be great. Mark my words. That man has all the credentials to indeed be the new TGF.
Old 31 Aug 2000, 18:10 (Ref:34252)   #5
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok you guys got me, but who is he?
Flabio-LOL
Old 31 Aug 2000, 18:58 (Ref:34274)   #6
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fernando Alonso is from Spain and has been driving in F3000 this season. He is just 19 years old. He won the last race of the season at Spa comfortably, beating Junqueira, Minassian, Webber and EVERYBODY. He has shown great passing skills all season, and has been very good at making his way up the field. In the beginning of the season he had a lot of excurcions off the tracks, but towards the end of the season he had some great results, with 2nd place at Hungaroring and, as said above, a win at Spa. He has great car control and is great to watch. Yes, I believe he will be one of the truly great drivers.
Old 31 Aug 2000, 22:14 (Ref:34295)   #7
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Martin de Miguel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they gave a chance to Button this year, they should give one to this guy. He has shown even more potential, I believe that DC should finally leave his seat to a real talented driver.
Old 31 Aug 2000, 22:56 (Ref:34301)   #8
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso is very good. I also rate Garcia highly too! My Spanish friends will know who I'm talking about...Spain's racing future looks bright. Alonso, Servia and Garcia...

Alonso was a great Karter too. I've raced against a few guys who ran against him in karts and they raved about him...

He should go to Champcars rather then run in the back of the grid with a Minardi...He's better then Gene, but at best he'll run infront of the prost, rather then right behind them...big wow!

Alonso, win the Chamcar title and then move to F1 with top team...
Old 1 Sep 2000, 23:16 (Ref:34484)   #9
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso is great indeed.
Talking about Spaniards and Spanish sponsors raises some questions though; maybe Minardifan knows some answers ...

Marc Gene is from Spain; so is Pedro de la Rosa; and ofcourse Alonso.

Telefonica is from Spain, with huge South-American interests; Telefonica sponsors Minardi; Repsol is from Spain; Repsol sponsors Arrows.

Q 1> Is Telefonica trying to loose Minardi and sponsor another team next year?
Q 2> Will that cost Gene his Minardi seat next year?
Q 3> Would Arrows feature another Spanish driver (Alonso) next to de la Rosa next year or is that very unlikely?
Q 4> Who's backing who? Teefonica - Gene? Repsol - de la Rosa? Alonso - ???

???
Old 2 Sep 2000, 00:23 (Ref:34494)   #10
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
1: There are rumours Telefonica will switch to Renault in 2002.
2: Telefonica are said to want Alonso to replace Gene.
3: No.
4: Telefonica backs both Gene and Alonso, as well as Servia in CART. Repsol and the Spanish Government back DLR.
Old 2 Sep 2000, 08:55 (Ref:34525)   #11
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Question posted by Dino IV
Q 3> Would Arrows feature another Spanish driver (Alonso) next to de la Rosa next year or is that very unlikely?

Answer posted by Minardi fan
3: No.
:confused:
What do you mean?
  • No, Arrows will not feature another Spanish driver.
  • No, that isn't very unlikely.
Old 2 Sep 2000, 10:46 (Ref:34535)   #12
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Next year's Arrows drivers will be DLR and either Zonta or Jos.
Old 2 Sep 2000, 21:01 (Ref:34627)   #13
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Martin de Miguel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Alonso doesn't need any backing, he is the next big thing
Old 3 Sep 2000, 02:28 (Ref:34697)   #14
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
When is this guy's next race on TV? Probably never in Oz!! We get to watch CART and F1 and the rest is home grown stuff.
Old 3 Sep 2000, 02:28 (Ref:34698)   #15
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Minardi fan. So Telefonica will sponsor Minardi next year and swap Alonso for Gene.
Okay that's alright to start ones F1-learning curve.
Trulli and Fisi did and they're both number ones at Jordan and Benetton now, so go-go Alonso, take a Mac
Old 3 Sep 2000, 21:17 (Ref:34830)   #16
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent

It's quite sad that Gene could be replaced and Mazzacane kept on - but of course it has been reported that both will drive for Minardi in 2001.

:confused:
Old 3 Sep 2000, 22:25 (Ref:34843)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes MF, nothing is said about the 2001 line-up, but it would be sad to know Gene is out, and Mazzacane in... but do you think Minardi can be in danger being sold to a major manufacturer ?? Did you hear something about it ?
Old 3 Sep 2000, 23:06 (Ref:34860)   #18
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
That's why I asked for the sponsor liasons, MF. I figured maybe Alonso could be an option for Arrows.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 03:01 (Ref:34876)   #19
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Dino, I'm still puzzling over your comment that Trulli is No. 1 at Jordan.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 03:41 (Ref:34883)   #20
fastracer
Racer

United States
Irvine, California, USA
fastracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Alonso as good as TGF? WHATEVER!
Look every year we here the same thing said about a dozen of young drivers, but how many of them pan out? None.
Nowadays so many people are so quick to point to a young driver and say he will be the next Senna or whoever.
Remember a couple of years ago many people looked at Jan Magnussen and quickly said "He'll be the next Senna, no question about it!" and we all saw how that turned out. So before we rave about another young driver being a great, lets see what he can do in at the top level. Then we can talk!
Old 4 Sep 2000, 04:12 (Ref:34886)   #21
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Is he not, EERO?

Well that's a really funny point on a forum, fastracer
Why is every shooting star in the pre-F1 series immediately a Magnussen and why is every CART-star coming to F1 immediately a Zanardi? Schumacher drove F3 once, Villeneuve drove CART back in the days so why not look at the newcomers in positive expectations if their results prove strong? Especially in these times when the frontrunners for 5+ years will retire pretty soon and their successors are yet unknown it seems interesting to me.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 11:23 (Ref:34906)   #22
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Dino, I do share the apprehensions of Fast Racer. So many are touted to be the next TGF, Senna, etc., that we become sceptical. No one, to my memory, predicted that Jacques will be the next Senna. I was one who predicted to my friend that Jacques would win the WDC in his first year, and he nearly did. I have to admit that Zanardi came to F1 with a very big reputation, and things just never worked out at all for him. Perhaps the team let him down, but how can we assume that the same team won't let Montoya down? So, suddenly Alonso comes out from the telephone booth like Clark Kent and shall we assume that he can fly? There are stacks of great drivers in teh wings waiting to conquer F1 - they will not be another TGF simply because they did well in a lower formula.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 11:43 (Ref:34911)   #23
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why did Villeneuve manage to became WDC so soon? Not only because of his talent. But still because Players invest enouth to teach him drive and win. His sponsors created a team only to make hin a CART-champion and move him to F1. That's not a reason to say badly of JV, but if somebody took such a good care for Alonso, he could become WDC. Please, somebody invest big money into young talented drivers!!!!!!
Old 4 Sep 2000, 16:43 (Ref:34972)   #24
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dino, I think Mr. Frentzen with his greater experience, long time relationship with EJ, three wins, and a better qualifying history might disagree.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 17:30 (Ref:34979)   #25
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
No doubt Mr. Frentzen will object, EERO, at least he has every right to sputter - we're talking about jobs, money and ego's here. But IMHO Trulli's star is rising and rising fast - even for Eddie's sake. Frenzie will be the first to leave Jordan and not for a better team. Keep that crystal thing shining right?

========================================================

I only introduced the CART-scepsis along with the youngster-scepsis, Valve Bounce, merely as an extention to the way (potential) newcomers in F1 are regarded loosers till proven otherwise. I appreciate the positive attitude there. What those guys have achieved before F1 surely has something to say about those boys capabilities as a racer. Winning championships in highly competitive series IMHO really give those guys some - and some a lot - credit for their talent.

If they mess up by being lazy and unmotivated (Magnussen) or don't get to grips with totally other driving physics (Zanardi), well really bad luck for them and see(n) you, bye - and forget that failure.

If they fail to get that top F1-seat that their talent might be worth just because of failing sponsorfunding, bad management, bad behaviour or just by being from the wrong country, well that's really bad luck, bye - but he'll be remembered for his talent.

If they get that good F1-seat but are being mistreated because the elder number 1 driver and teammanager play mindgames with the young star, lack support in every area and material disadvantages appear, well very sorry for the guy, welcome to the harsh world of F1 - he might be forced out of a seat and if so he'll be for sure be remembered for his talent and the way in it was spoiled instead of cherished.

If they get that fine F1-seat, get full team-support and a brilliant car, well so nice for him - well done, you're one of the happy few - but he'll be remembered as a F1 driver who got his act together and flashed into stardom when everything fell into place ... but I know for the sake of his glory there are dozens of other racers outthere with probably more talent who saw their dreams shattered by political games and funding troubles as they tried to get that golden right foot between the door at a major team.

That's why I cheer for those hardbattling fella's and wish them all the luck in the world to go and get that seat.
Like Alonso.