Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:32 (Ref:1881584)   #176
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jeff Is Going

Bam!!!
Its A Sprint!
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:33 (Ref:1881585)   #177
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jj Wins The Sprint To The Line!
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:33 (Ref:1881586)   #178
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, great finish! They were banging into each other all the way to the line!

Congratulations to Jimmie Johnson on winning. Jeff Gordon finished second while Hamlin finished third, Kyle Busch fourth and Dale Jr. fifth.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:34 (Ref:1881587)   #179
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds a great finish!
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:34 (Ref:1881588)   #180
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
I guess watching JG bang into JJ made up for missing JT crashing...mmm...pain for Toesland...mmm....*homer drools*
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:36 (Ref:1881589)   #181
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Least he didn't lose a finger.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:37 (Ref:1881590)   #182
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Re: The bumper, it's a sucsess, back in the old days you could just get a front corner panel into them and bump 'em wide. Now you gotta really dig in, thus the racing can be closer now. Also rear ending doesn't bump 'em up into the air, Michael Waltrip style.

Also, that was like Busch/Craven in short
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:37 (Ref:1881591)   #183
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Least he didn't lose a finger.

TB doesn't need a pinky to beat JT
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:41 (Ref:1881594)   #184
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
since they're making such a big deal out of it:
was this the first time JJ and Gordon had a direct duel to the finish?
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:50 (Ref:1881604)   #185
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82
since they're making such a big deal out of it:
was this the first time JJ and Gordon had a direct duel to the finish?
Hm, might be - I can't remember a duel between the two in the past that was this close.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 23:00 (Ref:1881610)   #186
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
NASCAR.com has the unofficial results and unofficial standings.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 02:23 (Ref:1882400)   #187
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeez louise, I thought I was in the Martinsville thread.

My 2 cents. Jeff should have moved Jimmy out of the way. As Dale Sr used to say. I have no teammates.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 07:26 (Ref:1882472)   #188
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
My 2 cents. Jeff should have moved Jimmy out of the way. As Dale Sr used to say. I have no teammates.
True, but it's also a little harder to act upon it when it's YOUR car!
Old 3 Apr 2007, 07:51 (Ref:1882492)   #189
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
Jeez louise, I thought I was in the Martinsville thread.

Dale "I didn't mean to hit him" Earnhardt.

(Thats from the imfamous "You're a seven time Cup Champion" race they talked about last race, iirc.)
Old 3 Apr 2007, 08:18 (Ref:1882515)   #190
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
My favorite has to be...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Earnhardt Sr.
"I got back to him and I meant to rattle him. I didn't mean to wreck him, I just meant to rattle his cage a little bit."
...from Bristol in 1999
Old 3 Apr 2007, 08:29 (Ref:1882522)   #191
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
On the topic of taking people out, Tony Raines wasn't too impressed with Montoya after the race on Sunday.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 12:10 (Ref:1882655)   #192
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race

Unlucky for Harvick, surely that can have an electric fuel pump that cuts out with the ignition box or something?

Was good to see teammates actually racing each other pretty hard, I was expecting it to be a little boring when it was only them going for the win. Bowyer slipped pretty badly after the rain delay, I wanted him to win Dick Berggren said Bowyer will win a race this season, I think he's been reading my posts

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 3 Apr 2007, 14:49 (Ref:1882740)   #193
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Clint deserves a win sometimes.

Is he the new Sugar Kahne? Remember the ordeals Casey had to goto before he could win. It was funny, sorta.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1882741)   #194
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
My favorite has to be...

...from Bristol in 1999
Bristol '99, that was the race I was talking about.

Sure Dale, Sure
Old 3 Apr 2007, 16:09 (Ref:1882782)   #195
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Got a chance top catch the finish, I thought Jeff played it right. He was aggressive at the final turn and gave Jimmie a little bump, but no point going too hard. Second place carries on his great run this season.

Jeff is back!
Old 3 Apr 2007, 19:21 (Ref:1882900)   #196
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I have split all the Setanta/NASN chatter to this armchair thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=95334&page=2

We have disrupted this thread too much with our complaining!

FWIW, I think Setanta have reacted well enough and I'm sure they'll try to avoid future problems.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 08:48 (Ref:1883196)   #197
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bit of a latye post but heh!

VCR worked this week so I was most impressed to sit down and watch 50 mins eating me dinner last night before heading off to Tewkesbury to see Rich Hall at the Roses Theatre (Great laugh.)

Anyway BOT, I used to detest the 'piddly' little half mile tracks but although it was edited highlights, what I saw last night kind of changed my attitude. Side by side motoring, nip tuck stuff is always pretty good to watch.

Exciting finish between the Johnson and Gordon, a few lurid moments for several people, particularly coming off the turns after restarts, the guys tail ends were all over the shop. Fantastic!

Have to say i'm mighty pleased with a certain Colombian drivers progress, he even DW on the commentary was saying how impressive he was considering he'd never been there before, running the high line because 'what he don't know, ain't gonna hurt him' sort of thing. JPM was in the top 10 for a large proportion of the seconf half of the event.

Roll on the next round!!
Old 4 Apr 2007, 13:32 (Ref:1883378)   #198
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Got a chance top catch the finish, I thought Jeff played it right. He was aggressive at the final turn and gave Jimmie a little bump, but no point going too hard. Second place carries on his great run this season.

Jeff is back!
Once the drivers lean how to use the new bumpers better we will probably see different results than we seen between Jimmy and Jeff at martinsville.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 14:47 (Ref:1883410)   #199
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Agreed, and even though the splitter doesn't affect the car on the short tracks as much as it'll do on the faster ones I reckon some drivers probably took it a bit easier than normal to avoid damaging it.

All in all I thought it was a good race though, better than the one at Bristol overall.