Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:47 (Ref:1892538)   #151
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kenseth pulls out in front, but Burton fights back on the inside!
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:47 (Ref:1892539)   #152
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Final lap!
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:47 (Ref:1892540)   #153
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
White flag!
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:48 (Ref:1892541)   #154
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Burton has the lead! C'mon bring her home!
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:48 (Ref:1892542)   #155
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kenseth loose, Jeff has him!

Burton wins! First repeat winner at Texas!
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:48 (Ref:1892543)   #156
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Hell Yeah!! Burton Wins!!!
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:49 (Ref:1892545)   #157
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Phew, that was an awesome finish! As mentioned before, pretty nice way to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of his first win at the very same track
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:51 (Ref:1892547)   #158
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Gotta love the good old Polish Victory lap, rather than doing the "trendy" burnout.

Man, I still haven't catched my breath, that was bloody superb. Have to say I'm pretty glad I didn't get to see the Champ Car race.
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:52 (Ref:1892548)   #159
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The Champcar race looked pretty dull fair from what I gather.

That was a fantastic Texas finish!

Phoenix next up then the one I am looking forward to next.....'dega.
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:55 (Ref:1892549)   #160
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Phoenix will be interesting as it's the first track where the aerodynamics on the CoT might come into play a bit more than on the short tracks.

As for Dega... I can't bloody wait!
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:56 (Ref:1892550)   #161
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh, they are using CoT at Phoenix? Hmmm, that will be interesting!
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:58 (Ref:1892554)   #162
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
It's just so great seeing Burton in victory lane. Not only is he one of the older veterans (40 years old this year), he's also a class act.
Old 15 Apr 2007, 22:00 (Ref:1892560)   #163
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Oh, they are using CoT at Phoenix? Hmmm, that will be interesting!
Indeed they are.

Won't be nearly as interesting as when they come back to Talladega in the fall though. If the CoT works the draft half as good as the Craftsman Trucks do on the plate tracks, it should be an awesome race (even with the restrictor plate)
Old 15 Apr 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1892562)   #164
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Long way until October though!

Oh well, great race tonight, I'm off!
Old 15 Apr 2007, 22:03 (Ref:1892564)   #165
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Yup, cracking race!

Unofficial results.

Unofficial standings. Jeff Burton closes the gap to Jeff Gordon and is now just 8 points behind. Matt Kenseth moves up to third, dropping Jimmie Johnson down to fourth. Kyle Busch loses two spots and falls to seventh as Denny Hamlin and Clint Bowyer moves up to fifth and sixth respectively. Carl Edwards moves up one spot to 8th, dropping Tony Stewart to 9th, while Jamie McMurray moves up two spots to 10th.

Elsewhere in the standings Juan Pablo Montoya moves up three spots to 13th. He is now the top rookie by far, as David Ragan drops four spots down to 23rd place.

Last edited by rustyfan; 15 Apr 2007 at 22:08.
Old 15 Apr 2007, 23:15 (Ref:1892614)   #166
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
*sigh*

My priorities went WSBK -> F1 -> NASCAR, so I couldn't get up for nascar (4 hours sleep = bad), In hindsight I should of done Race one of the WSBK, then gone to bed and gotten up for Nascar.

Oh well, repeat is on in about 10 hrs, I'll catch that. GOOOOO JEFF!
Old 16 Apr 2007, 17:55 (Ref:1893213)   #167
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
After Tony Raines another Tony from who Montoya gets no Christmas card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsyHaQjnc14

I don't know enough about NASCAR to judge this incident but tend to say Stewart is overreacting.
Old 17 Apr 2007, 02:49 (Ref:1893542)   #168
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Jacko44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Due to the Dodge's (especially Evernham) not performing so well at the cookie-cutter tracks this year, why couldn't they use the '06 Dodge Chargers (with the old nose) seeing as they did so well with them? Generally aren't they allowed to use any kind of car they have used within the last 3yrs? (Just like Penske and Petty Enterprises did with the '04 Intrepid last year)??
Old 17 Apr 2007, 03:16 (Ref:1893545)   #169
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko44
Due to the Dodge's (especially Evernham) not performing so well at the cookie-cutter tracks this year, why couldn't they use the '06 Dodge Chargers (with the old nose) seeing as they did so well with them? Generally aren't they allowed to use any kind of car they have used within the last 3yrs? (Just like Penske and Petty Enterprises did with the '04 Intrepid last year)??
right on all points........but heres the Everham rub.

the team is the Dodge Dealers team. and they want to have the latest look on tv. so Ray is a victim of marketing.
Old 17 Apr 2007, 12:48 (Ref:1893816)   #170
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
After Tony Raines another Tony from who Montoya gets no Christmas card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsyHaQjnc14

I don't know enough about NASCAR to judge this incident but tend to say Stewart is overreacting.

I was reading that (didn't see the race, apart from that clip then) Stewart said Montoya was racing too hard for that point in the race, ok fair enough, but if he thought that, wouldn't he just let Montoya go?

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 17 Apr 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1894028)   #171
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I look forward to the Stewart/Montoya rivalry.

Marvel at the polarised points of view!

Rejoice at the future battles and hostility!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 14:23 (Ref:1894740)   #172
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I look forward to the Stewart/Montoya rivalry.

Marvel at the polarised points of view!

Rejoice at the future battles and hostility!
Yes, so do I look forward to the competition between them. Every race their is an incident where one or more drivers get upset with another driver. Most drivers vent their anger when it happens. I can't say that they are over reacting, just venting their anger. Remember when Jeff Gordon shoved Kenseth after a race. Gordon was upset with him and probably had reason. This is what makes Nascar great, the competition between the drivers and teams.

Btw, there are 2 schools of thought on Jr finishing the race in Kyle Busch's car. Some think it was a class act helping out some people that he is friends with on the HMS team and others think it was a stupid move to get more points for a competitor. I think it was a class act.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 14:46 (Ref:1894753)   #173
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, class act.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock