Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: Spa 2008 or Goodwood 2008?
Spa 19 70.37%
Goodwood 8 29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Nov 2007, 12:52 (Ref:2057726)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spa 6 Hour or Goodwood which will you do...

supposing that the current date clash remains (unlikely I know) and you are lucky enough to get the nod for Goodwood.....
do you do it or go to Spa instead?
Old 2 Nov 2007, 13:05 (Ref:2057749)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
at the risk of sounding a complete t art I would take Goodwod - Spa is special but Goodwood is Goodwood, so I am off the fence be interested to see what others say (well obviously I know what JR will say!!!!!!)
Old 2 Nov 2007, 13:15 (Ref:2057770)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
both of course

have you not got a helicoptor ?
Old 2 Nov 2007, 14:42 (Ref:2057878)   #4
Brendan Roberts
Rookie

Brendan Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It took you at least 12 minutes to think it over tho'!
Old 2 Nov 2007, 14:52 (Ref:2057896)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

no - just when I made the same post at the other place I declared my hand straight away so thought I better do the same here!
Old 2 Nov 2007, 15:04 (Ref:2057905)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Already booked for Spa and the management would be seriously peeved to swap wild boar for er wild bore.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 15:08 (Ref:2057908)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Poll added.

And well done Simon I believe this is a record for starting a Spa 6hrs thread.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 15:20 (Ref:2057918)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

shame we are doing it anonymously! It would be amusing to see who says Spa now and then changes their mind when the Goodwood invite drops through their letter box ;o)
Old 2 Nov 2007, 15:27 (Ref:2057923)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I purposely made it public. Click on the results and you'll see who voted for what. Seeing as this is a bit of fun and we won't be taking it too seriously will we?
Old 2 Nov 2007, 15:29 (Ref:2057925)   #10
simon drabble
Veteran

as young Lewis says - its not the winning but the taking part that counts...!!!
Old 2 Nov 2007, 15:29 (Ref:2057926)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Poll added.

And well done Simon I believe this is a record for starting a Spa 6hrs thread.
it is my duty to start it each year....!
Old 2 Nov 2007, 15:30 (Ref:2057928)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yeah but you've started two so far this year.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 15:31 (Ref:2057930)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
All irrelevant as they don't clash
Old 2 Nov 2007, 15:33 (Ref:2057932)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Actually on reflection there is something a little more interesting here. spectators will probably vote for Goodwood whilst I believe Spa is much more a driver's experience and thus get far more coverage on here than Goodwood. So the results might be a bit interesting.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 15:37 (Ref:2057937)   #15
simon drabble
Veteran

for me Spa is the 6 Hour race itself - I have only done it twice but to be honest to go and not do it now would be like going to an ex girlfriends wedding.... so on the basis of going with my car (and therefore only being able to do one race - the Masters SRM) I would prefer to do Goodwood
Old 2 Nov 2007, 15:49 (Ref:2057957)   #16
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
All irrelevant as they don't clash
That's what I thought.

I've started my annual chore of preparing the race calendar for the next year, and according to my information, Goodwood is 19th-21st September (and therefore clashes with Angouleme), and Spa is 3rd-5th October.

Am I wrong?..
Old 2 Nov 2007, 15:52 (Ref:2057962)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Whoops another Spa date. It was 21 to 23 Sept or 28 to 30th Sep.

EDIT: 26th to 28th September.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 2 Nov 2007 at 16:07.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 15:59 (Ref:2057973)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I was under the impression the 2008 Spa Six Hour is the weekend of 26th-28th Sept.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 16:24 (Ref:2057996)   #19
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would appear I've been misinformed!
Old 2 Nov 2007, 16:27 (Ref:2057997)   #20
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The date's not fixed yet Falsie,I was told by someone who knows that it's 21st Sept,just waiting for Bernie now!.
I don't care if they do clash,cos I'm doing Spa no-matter what.The Carcasin is that much better. Besides,no-one cheats at Spa
Old 2 Nov 2007, 16:29 (Ref:2057998)   #21
simon drabble
Veteran

then I want one of those 3.05 lapping FIA legal MGB's..... ;o)))

Is Bernie waiting to see if he gets a Goodwood invite before he decides.... ;o)))))))
Old 2 Nov 2007, 16:58 (Ref:2058034)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They wont be at Spa next year,the only ones over there will ALL be legal.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 17:32 (Ref:2058065)   #23
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I voted Goodwood but Its really difficult to decide, Goodwood is a lovely part of the world as well, weather permitting! the circuit is challenging in different ways, Spa is a nice trip and mini holiday, whereas Goodwood is on my doorstep

I guess the thing that might tip the scales is the wine shopping in France on the way home from Spa, much better than Worthing which only seems to trade in beige clothes and orthopedic shoes !
Old 2 Nov 2007, 19:14 (Ref:2058128)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
What are you trying to say Zef?.You did'nt look THAT old at Spa

Goodwood,You need more votes!!!!!
Old 2 Nov 2007, 20:17 (Ref:2058163)   #25
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the time being, the 6 hour is still pencilled in for the last weekend of September (26-28/09), but it is provisional. I haven't heard of the clash date yet, but knowing Spa, it could be well true.

I've been told I should do Goodwood at least once, but if they clash I will be at Spa.