Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: Spa 2008 or Goodwood 2008?
Spa 19 70.37%
Goodwood 8 29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Nov 2007, 21:28 (Ref:2058199)   #26
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
For the time being, the 6 hour is still pencilled in for the last weekend of September (26-28/09), but it is provisional. I haven't heard of the clash date yet, but knowing Spa, it could be well true.

I've been told I should do Goodwood at least once, but if they clash I will be at Spa.
Good Man Eddy,It IS the better of the two,They have decent beer ther as well
Old 2 Nov 2007, 22:17 (Ref:2058246)   #27
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Simkon-you are a tart!
4 cars to Spa ,so thats worth 4 votes
Not expecting that invite to turn up as their outside consultant DN has thrown his toys out of the pram with me.Asked by someone could he have one of the cars for Sussex,Answer-Not even if he gives me a free year at weight watchers
Old 3 Nov 2007, 08:29 (Ref:2058449)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Are you not already a platinum member?
but your spot on . . . .SImon can 'tart' with the best of them
Old 3 Nov 2007, 17:29 (Ref:2058712)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Practice makes perfect eh Zef.
Old 4 Nov 2007, 16:03 (Ref:2059357)   #30
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will vote for Goodwood.
First, its not on my doorstep, and I love to visit UK. Second, its only once a year, and you can go to Spa several times each year, if you want it. And last, I think Goodwood is such a treat, what I´ll be stupid to miss it.
Old 8 Nov 2007, 22:11 (Ref:2063403)   #31
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Very confuse with your last post Simon . Never been invited to ex girlfreinds wedding. Will have another beer i am sure it will become very clear soon. There is no doubt for me as i only get to go to Goodwood as a mechanic and have to put up with yesterdays heroes moaning about the cars, i get to drive a couple of cars at Spa so Belgium here we come. Unless we get an entry for the Lotus 22. I might have to eat humble pie. Will keep you posted.
Old 9 Nov 2007, 09:34 (Ref:2063600)   #32
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just want to say that to all those of you who voted 'Spa', I look forward to taking your place at Goodwood (probably the only way I'd get to race there), as you return/reject your invitation to race there.

Cynical, moi?
Old 9 Nov 2007, 21:41 (Ref:2064039)   #33
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
SZ,if I were to get an invite,you are MORE than welcome to it.
Old 24 Nov 2007, 14:29 (Ref:2074687)   #34
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that we have the Goodwood date: 19.20.21. September.
Does anyone know the Spa dates?
Old 24 Nov 2007, 15:19 (Ref:2074707)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Still no confirmed,I suppose they are still awaiting Bernies decision.
Old 24 Nov 2007, 16:05 (Ref:2074725)   #36
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The Belgian GP has changed position with Italian GP so Sept Date available for Spa.
Earlier the better.
Why Goodwood has moved from start of month baffles me,it will be something to do with F1,WRC or Caravan Club.Bottom of list will be any clash with other major Historic Meetings.This was the reasoning for the Festival clashing with LMC that despite a lot of soul searching by Goodwood they had no alternative but to accept the clash,I believe them.yer
Its a pity See Red gets swamped by this and presumably the Mallory Tin Top job
Old 24 Nov 2007, 17:56 (Ref:2074782)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
The Belgian GP has changed position with Italian GP so Sept Date available for Spa.
Fan-bloomin-tastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Earlier the better.
I may have taken your quote waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of context but. I'm already looking forward to Spa 2008.

BTW, I've got the December issue of Octane her. Quote. "As ever John Ruston is the master of brevity." Unquote.
Old 24 Nov 2007, 20:51 (Ref:2074874)   #38
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Quote. "As ever John Ruston is the master of brevil." Unquote.
I've not met John yet, but I've yet to meet a real man who doesn't like a toasted cheese sarnie
Old 25 Nov 2007, 00:14 (Ref:2074964)   #39
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Only with Branston Pickle ( a decent vindaloo is tops,don.t have those at GW or in the Masters Wigwam)
Old 25 Nov 2007, 08:22 (Ref:2075054)   #40
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I thought it was more of a Teepee, and I'm sure they'll do a lentil fondue with a veggie curry once they've got a few squatters in

I think Goodwood have already done the British Raj at the ball
Old 4 Dec 2007, 06:37 (Ref:2081148)   #41
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
So,rather unsurprisingly,do we pronounce Spa as they favorite?
Old 16 Aug 2008, 21:41 (Ref:2270269)   #42
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Dinkel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
:cough:

See you guys there.

Please link me to the running Spa6-topic please.

Cheers, Dink
Old 17 Aug 2008, 02:38 (Ref:2270327)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103275
Old 18 Aug 2008, 18:52 (Ref:2271124)   #44
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Dinkel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers for that Peter.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 18:58 (Ref:2271128)   #45
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Possible entry in an A90 for GW!!!
Old 21 Aug 2008, 16:09 (Ref:2272792)   #46
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No vote from me, both are brilliant. I will be at both!
Old 21 Aug 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2272809)   #47
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
So far,me too.It will apparently be confirmed Tuesday.Demo laps and whatever saloon race it is,just as well the contract ends this month!.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2272845)   #48
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thers a 1% chance of me driving a F1 car 99% spannering so will see you in my oil covered white mechanics overalls.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2272856)   #49
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
OIL covered!!.I certainly hope not,whatever next,Lord March with dirty finger nails?
Old 21 Aug 2008, 18:18 (Ref:2272867)   #50
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ah so thats why i dont get invited to the cricket match