Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Aug 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2278285)   #26
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
At American road courses I've had a lot of good food.

In contrast, NZ, Australia and the UK, every circuit I've been to there, the food is appalling.

Perhaps we've not perfected the fast food techniques yet.
Old 30 Aug 2008, 21:36 (Ref:2278357)   #27
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Perhaps we've not perfected the fast food techniques yet.
No perhaps not. But here at some of the road courses like Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Road America, etc. , I've had good grilled brats, baked potatoes, steak sandwiches, fries, funnel cakes, grilled chicken, soft pretzels, etc.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 02:26 (Ref:2278470)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And that's just for a mid morning snack!
Old 31 Aug 2008, 05:35 (Ref:2278507)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We do tend to get rather a lot of brats running around over here,but they look totally in-edible.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 06:39 (Ref:2278513)   #30
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
An American saying other peoples food is crap,how would they know with the usual chemical stuff served up at US circuits.As an aside has anyone noticed as a race the majority of them don't how to hold a knife and fork and they used to rule the world until the Russians woke up the other week( I am sure this bloke does).I have done those US circuits and its all the usual American stuff.So he doesn't like British food which is the base of all served in all those countries,I find nothing wrong with it.Philip Island ,Silverstone,Snet breakfasts no problem and I have a waste line to prove how good the stuff is
Old 31 Aug 2008, 06:42 (Ref:2278514)   #31
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
And that's just for a mid morning snack!
Sorry I forgot the ice cream too.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 14:47 (Ref:2278760)   #32
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Philip Island ,Silverstone,Snet breakfasts no problem and I have a waste line to prove how good the stuff is
you don't want to go to Bathurst John. we nearly fainted with hunger, absolutely nothing there.

I even had a look in the Cortina glove box in the museum for an old murray mint
Old 31 Aug 2008, 15:56 (Ref:2278801)   #33
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I haven't eaten circuit food since I've raced in FISC, because excellent hospitality is included in the entry fee.

Tavern Belly is a well-known problem at one high profile UK circuit, and I do my best to avoid it when I'm spectating there.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 17:24 (Ref:2278846)   #34
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As Alan Morgan reminds me at Angouleme the organisers give you a slap up lunch with as much wine as you can drink - immediately before the racing starts. It's the only way they can get you to tackle the hairpin sections at breakneck speed.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 07:10 (Ref:2279162)   #35
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
thats the most subtle plug I've ever seen on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
I haven't eaten circuit food since I've raced in FISC, because excellent hospitality is included in the entry fee.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 14:48 (Ref:2279436)   #36
snett fan55
Rookie

United Kingdom
near Norwich
snett fan55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Snetterton food is very good,possibly a touch expensive but you ex pect that when you go racing.As an (ex ) chef and then a person involved in catering/refrigeration I can tell you that the cost, including materials ,cone ,electricity etc. of a ice cream is normally around 26p!
Lots of money tobe made if you have the right "site".
Snett fan55
Old 1 Sep 2008, 15:54 (Ref:2279488)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just back from Colmar Burg running a Delta in Dutch Monoposto.Cant beleive i have missed this post as some of you know i have a passion for food.Sat night everyone put their little BBQ together and there was just so much food. Yum Yum.The Dutch lady that runs the series kept telling me that the Kebabs were home made just wondering perhaps they were not ment for me to of eaten." Feel a bit guilty, well only a little bit".Someone said about Mallory breakfast, yea had one of those last Wednesday i was chatting to Mike Jordon and he said the same thing great place to test and great breakfast.He also sat in the Galaxie and i think could be tempted into historics.My good freind Micheal De Graves has mentioned Spa BBQ thankyou i guess we will have the BBQ Thursday evening you are welcome but let me know as i call into the supermarket at Stavalot on the way.Alan Morgan is head chef as i will be completing my personal challenge running around the track.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 16:16 (Ref:2279496)   #38
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I've got a stop watch Iain.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 16:51 (Ref:2279523)   #39
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I've got a stop watch Iain.
We'd need a calender for you Terry !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Sep 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2279534)   #40
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
We'd need a calender for you Terry !
Too right you will,I dont do strain.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 17:05 (Ref:2279535)   #41
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Alan Morgan is head chef as i will be completing my personal challenge running around the track.
Noting the change of chef from usual, may I recind my previous glowing praise of the Delta BBQ?
Old 2 Sep 2008, 09:03 (Ref:2279945)   #42
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidsnot
Miserable sods! Leave your picnic baskets at home. When visiting motor racing circuits the correct thing to do is; turn up, pay up and smile!
By supporting the Circuit cafe, burger vans, local pubs, filling station etc. We do a lot to help the circuits survive. There is a whole new thread there somewhere
That would double the cost of going therefore making it far too expensive to go often..

Food at brands hatch and lydden is excellent!
Brands hatch - Breakfast is great as are sausage and chips for lunch althougth i do think £1:60 for a bottle of coke (double what it is at tesco) and £3:70 for a cheeseburger is far too expensive!!
Lydden - Best bacon rolls
Old 2 Sep 2008, 12:45 (Ref:2280052)   #43
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
our general philosophy is we eat as well or better when racing away than at home.

the fact we can eat and drink better for less by doing it ourselves rather than buying anywhere we've ever been speaks volumes

Petrus is better value than most circuit pet food reject produce
Old 2 Sep 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2280085)   #44
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidsnot
Miserable sods! Leave your picnic baskets at home. When visiting motor racing circuits the correct thing to do is; turn up, pay up and smile!
By supporting the Circuit cafe, burger vans, local pubs, filling station etc. We do a lot to help the circuits survive. There is a whole new thread there somewhere
having ended up in hospital on a drip after eating a roast pork bap at a race track canteen I am pretty fussy what I eat anywhere! However I am happy to have the veggy option at Silverstone drivers caff and its often good, the hut half way down the paddock at Combe was excellant at the HSCC metting this year. Donington pretty filthy, Brands and Thruxton caff's solid if unspectacular. Goodwood as I said before is worth the queue.
However not for the first time I find myself agreeing with S. Snot Esq, just wish I knew who he was!
Old 2 Sep 2008, 15:56 (Ref:2280154)   #45
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those of you at Oulton Gold Cup may have partaken of my mother-in-law's legendary "Feed the entire paddock" catering suite! Certainly there were 8 of us noshing including Chris Dinnage of Classic Team Lotus, and two weeks earlier she catered for the CSCC paddock as well! What a woman!

Otherwise, I find the vegetarian options for burgers are usually nicer than the meat-ones
Old 2 Sep 2008, 16:49 (Ref:2280194)   #46
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Just back from Colmar Burg running a Delta in Dutch Monoposto.Cant beleive i have missed this post as some of you know i have a passion for food.Sat night everyone put their little BBQ together and there was just so much food. Yum Yum.The Dutch lady that runs the series kept telling me that the Kebabs were home made just wondering perhaps they were not ment for me to of eaten." Feel a bit guilty, well only a little bit".Someone said about Mallory breakfast, yea had one of those last Wednesday i was chatting to Mike Jordon and he said the same thing great place to test and great breakfast.He also sat in the Galaxie and i think could be tempted into historics.My good freind Micheal De Graves has mentioned Spa BBQ thankyou i guess we will have the BBQ Thursday evening you are welcome but let me know as i call into the supermarket at Stavalot on the way.Alan Morgan is head chef as i will be completing my personal challenge running around the track.
Don't feel guilty Delta! In october we head for Spa october ADAC race (I tgink around 17 oct check www.monoposto.nl) and the same Dutch Lady organises and we have another free BBQ but then done by our local pub .......Just bring some fellow racers/entries which have the right racing mentality and you shouldn't feel guilty at all!!!!!!!!!
Old 2 Sep 2008, 16:55 (Ref:2280198)   #47
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Hmmm,got a spare car Iain??
Old 2 Sep 2008, 18:50 (Ref:2280278)   #48
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain, I think you should share your fitness diet for historic racing drivers wishing to go faster
Old 2 Sep 2008, 19:53 (Ref:2280329)   #49
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry Esper i am racing at Nurburgring that weekend. I did have a good time with the Dutch Mono guys and have promised to bring the March out with them next year.They are a very nice bunch of people and always make us feel welcome.Did a little pratice run tonight getting ready for the lap of Spa on foot.Hey Jill Mr Lynx allways eats a lot quicker than me.