Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Aug 2008, 13:34 (Ref:2277469)   #1
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic Racing eligibility dates

Just out of interest can someone give me a brief overview of what years are used as cut offs for eligibility for the different classic series please. Some things are obvious like Pre 83 etc but I suspect that is purely a UK national club date. Are there any discussions going at International level about what sort of date cut off might be used for classic racing in the future that covers cars from the 70s, 80s & even 90s!?
Old 29 Aug 2008, 19:08 (Ref:2277644)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FIA Group 2 moves forward every year, currently I believe its at 1978, but don't quote me. Failing that I think you should just stick with what the CSCC sets for its future classics etc.

For info Pre 83 is only there because the Group 1 regs stopped at December '82 and touring cars became Group A. This has little bearing on the actual regs because they are Group 1.5 and were used all over Europe but never were an FIA regulation.
Old 30 Aug 2008, 06:31 (Ref:2277880)   #3
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Peter

But even the CSCC gets invites to events in Europe where age criteria apply that are diffeent from the club's own series, so that older cars from the Tin Tops series might be eligible . 1985 springs to mind but i'm not sure.

As time marches on then surely the historic racing movement will recognise this and someone will launch series for pre 1990 cars or for classic Super Tourers or something!
Old 30 Aug 2008, 06:36 (Ref:2277882)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97
As time marches on then surely the historic racing movement will recognise this and someone will launch series for pre 1990 cars or for classic Super Tourers or something!
The CTCRC Pre 90 series is still around although due to lack of entries it's merged with Classic Thunder I believe. Then there's Toyo Tyres for pre 93(?).

Formula saloons was the place for Super Tourers but where is it now?

I suspect it comes down to technology. It would appear to be pretty difficult to set up and run a ST, or with ecu's etc. a late 80's early 90's car.