Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 18 Nov 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1464572)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GTL Demo - Help Please!

I'm far too lazy to go trawling the threads at RSC........

I haven't driven on a sim since the Monza TTFRL GPL race - months and months ago. I've been looking around thinking about picking up GT Legends, but I thought it would keep - maybe some kind soul in my family will buy it for me for Christmas......

Tonight I thought I would give the demo a bash. Downloaded that. Updated my Direct X.....

But I'm getting exactly the same problems as I first had when I installed the GTR demo. Freezes. I go in and try and set the controls for my MOMO and I get a complete and inescapable freeze.

Now I must have resolved that somehow, and I'm pretty certain its a graphics card issue, but can anyone put their finger on the problem to save me searching high and low?

Thanks
Old 19 Nov 2005, 00:50 (Ref:1464636)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
do you have a ATI based video card ??

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Nov 2005, 02:26 (Ref:1464676)   #3
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the game works properly up until the point where you start to edit the controller settings?

I really think you better check the racesimcentral forums for this Aysedasi, use the search function to speed your searching up. Pretty good GTL technical advice forum there.

http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=932
Old 19 Nov 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1464861)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeh, its as soon as I try to allocate the controls on my MOMO. It happened exactly the same when I first installed the GTR demo. Just can't remember how I solved it (or if I solved it at all before I bought the full sim).

I have a G-Force FX 5900XT card running with Omega 1.6693 drivers.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 18:44 (Ref:1465050)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, I'm in! Still not sure what I did to achieve it, but I'm running the demo - seems to be running beautifully. What a good sim! It seems to have far more attraction for me (even with one circuit and three cars) than GTR did. I've ordered the full sim of Amazon as an Xmas pressie......
Old 19 Nov 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1465088)   #6
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good man.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 00:51 (Ref:1465284)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Bloody good isn't it? I mean, just Dijon and three cars, but that 26R is terrific!
Old 24 Nov 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1469305)   #8
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

You will find the full game very enjoyable ,the few little bugs will be fixed with the patch tho.
The Elan is not quite so easy to drive in the full version but it is realy a cracking little car.

Some of my GBGPL drivers get together on the multiplayer and have some fun any ten tenth drivers are welcome to join us.
I am trying to get a small league going, in its early stages yet but if you PM me i can point you in our direction.

Pete
Old 24 Nov 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1469478)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I may take you up on that in due course Pete. My full version arrived today, but I can't have it until 25th December..........
Old 24 Nov 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1469510)   #10
petestenning
Veteran

You will be happy come the 25th December then ,

With cars from my heyday or era these make me have a big grin every time i drive and all have very different characteristics.
My main problem is the understeer you get with the V8 s .

Pete
Old 24 Nov 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1469522)   #11
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd be interested in some online GTL action pete. I haven't as yet tried it online.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1469556)   #12
petestenning
Veteran

I will see if i can fix something up for next week not Monday / Thursday but any other weekday i should be ok with .
I will post later

Pete
Old 25 Nov 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1469972)   #13
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm usually about online too, its great fun taking that elan round a hairpin sideways. i'm struggling to understand the crash physics at times tho, i can't believe how many times i've rolled different cars including that tank of a mustang
Old 25 Nov 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1470055)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't get it to work too well, but I think it's exceeding my graphics card. What a shame. Would have been an ideal Christmas present. I'll have to see if I can get the graphis card uprated instead then it can be a birthday present.