Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Sep 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2961387)   #226
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is the story with the Quinns? Why aren't they entering a car ?
Old 26 Sep 2011, 22:43 (Ref:2961406)   #227
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
What is the story with the Quinns? Why aren't they entering a car ?
http://www.youtube.com/user/inpitlane#p/u/0/9Y4T2voLtb8
Old 28 Sep 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2962096)   #228
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's a character !

Hope they turn up in something.... he certainly didnt rule out running something ... Surely if he doesnt want to run the Aston theres a few cars sitting idol in the garage.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 01:05 (Ref:2965856)   #229
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Factory Mercedes??

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2011...bathurst-27035

Really hope this happens!
Old 10 Oct 2011, 05:17 (Ref:2968435)   #230
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The AMG reps were definitely there checking out the Hackett entry at Bathurst.Peter said they were deciding whether to enter the 12 hour and whether to financially support the local team or bring out their own cars like Audi did if they do enter.They were obviously serious about it as they wouldn't have come just to see a few sprint races for the GTs.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 06:43 (Ref:2968449)   #231
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
The AMG reps were definitely there checking out the Hackett entry at Bathurst.Peter said they were deciding whether to enter the 12 hour and whether to financially support the local team or bring out their own cars like Audi did if they do enter.They were obviously serious about it as they wouldn't have come just to see a few sprint races for the GTs.
ah awsome! hopefully bring out there own and let hackett get a drive abit like eddy and audi.

Audi vs merc!
Old 10 Oct 2011, 07:36 (Ref:2968466)   #232
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
ah awsome! hopefully bring out there own and let hackett get a drive abit like eddy and audi.

Audi vs merc!
I hear there'll be a factory Lambo factor too, although the Qld cold store fork lift operator hilariously thinks his v8 driver is faster than the works Reiter driver, so it won't be with him....
Old 10 Oct 2011, 07:44 (Ref:2968467)   #233
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
Would they have been impressed ???
Old 10 Oct 2011, 08:37 (Ref:2968490)   #234
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it's a great circuit for the Merc to stretch it's legs, with good pit facilities, good potential for corporate entertaining, and there was a big event atmosphere....the GT field was a bit thin, however.
I hope they come, the more the merrier.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2968537)   #235
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
I hear there'll be a factory Lambo factor too, although the Qld cold store fork lift operator hilariously thinks his v8 driver is faster than the works Reiter driver, so it won't be with him....
so reiter will be coming down aswell then? or have an input with the other lambo team?
Old 11 Oct 2011, 03:55 (Ref:2969029)   #236
Juarez Jed
Veteran

They should give this punter a go !

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-on-test-drive
Old 11 Oct 2011, 04:36 (Ref:2969033)   #237
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
so reiter will be coming down aswell then? or have an input with the other lambo team?
Dont ask me, I don't know anything, just ask anyone
Old 11 Oct 2011, 06:18 (Ref:2969052)   #238
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found this on the drive/ride board on the Dubai 24 Hour website

D-1 Racing Academy has to offer seats in their BMW M3 GTR's for the 24 hours of Dubai ,Barcelona and the 12 hours of Bathurst and Hungary for 2012 with an experienced team.

Aren't the BMW M3's GT2 cars not GT3?

Old 11 Oct 2011, 07:02 (Ref:2969076)   #239
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is also a GT4 version of the BMW M3. Or they could be converted touring cars (like the Seats)
Old 11 Oct 2011, 07:51 (Ref:2969101)   #240
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo. View Post
Found this on the drive/ride board on the Dubai 24 Hour website

D-1 Racing Academy has to offer seats in their BMW M3 GTR's for the 24 hours of Dubai ,Barcelona and the 12 hours of Bathurst and Hungary for 2012 with an experienced team.

Aren't the BMW M3's GT2 cars not GT3?
There are no GT3 class BMW M3s. However there were a few factory built V8 powered M3 GTR built for what was once known as the GT class for ALMS which is now known as GT2, this is back in the early 2000s. However again there were a number of M3 GTR replicas built by privateers powered by various engines. These M3 GTR both factory and private appeared in VLN and various other endurance races and continue to do so however without knowing who built the car its difficult to know if the M3 is one of the genuine GT racecars.
Old 11 Oct 2011, 08:59 (Ref:2969130)   #241
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This from you of all people. Still lighting a candle for Simonsen?
Old 12 Oct 2011, 07:31 (Ref:2969714)   #242
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post
wonder what FF thinks of his Bathurst drive.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 08:56 (Ref:2969768)   #243
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dont ask me, I don't know anything, just ask anyone
I hate to see you agreeing with me !!
Old 12 Oct 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2969836)   #244
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Simonsen did a great job, MUCH faster than Russell, despite Russel having the Fujitsu drive too.

And Simonsen played a near heroic no2 role, using old tyres with delaminated tread for several laps, in order to save up 2 new sets for Murph to bring it home on.

They may have got an even better result if they didn't do a pad change under SC, which cost them several spots due to traffic being bunched up.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2969838)   #245
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
I hate to see you agreeing with me !!
I was being sarcastic, and sarcasm IS the lowest form of wit, but when it comes to wit, you're still half wrong!
Old 12 Oct 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2969842)   #246
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey View Post
wonder what FF thinks of his Bathurst drive.
Well, there were 29 cars, so he beat 54 other drivers, so whichever way you look at it, there are 54 drivers that did worse!

Old 12 Oct 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2969873)   #247
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kevin Weeks may enter his Ford GT and there's the Rod Wilson/Jim Manolios/Ivan Capelli Corvette as well so we're getting plenty of variety. I take it that not too many of the GT Championship regulars are agreeing with their new series owner about not running.
One of the reasons Tony gave in the interview was the proximity of the opening round of the OZ GT champs at Clipsal, but I'm not sure that that gig is guaranteed as yet.
Hope the 12 hour is a huge success, that track deserves a genuine International event.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 09:57 (Ref:2970378)   #248
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Simonsen did a great job, MUCH faster than Russell, despite Russel having the Fujitsu drive too.

And Simonsen played a near heroic no2 role, using old tyres with delaminated tread for several laps, in order to save up 2 new sets for Murph to bring it home on.

They may have got an even better result if they didn't do a pad change under SC, which cost them several spots due to traffic being bunched up.
I wasn't referring to statistics, we all know he did a good job. I was wondering if you'd maintained that state of limerence when referring to your favorite Dane...question answered. Ain't love grand.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 10:26 (Ref:2970390)   #249
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
I wasn't referring to statistics, we all know he did a good job. I was wondering if you'd maintained that state of limerence when referring to your favorite Dane...question answered. Ain't love grand.
Are you too butch to admit having respect for anyone, and/or admiration for their talent?

And do you think that because you know someone, you should treat them disrespectfully?

I see no shame to admit and acknowledge talent.

If you do, I'd suggest it's YOUR problem, not mine.

But, seeing as you don't know anyone with talent like that, I guess you just don't know
Old 13 Oct 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2970419)   #250
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Are you too butch to admit having respect for anyone, and/or admiration for their talent?

And do you think that because you know someone, you should treat them disrespectfully?

I see no shame to admit and acknowledge talent.

If you do, I'd suggest it's YOUR problem, not mine.

But, seeing as you don't know anyone with talent like that, I guess you just don't know
No, you slag off all and sundry as inferior to your object of affection. I just get a little giggle out of winding you up. Mission accomplished.