Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 4 Oct 2017, 11:34 (Ref:3771739)   #176
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well now Max has proved he can win on merit, the fight is on
It's obviously Max who's the better driver.
Ricciardo has only ever won on the occasions when Mercedes have screwed up - Max won outright against the best Mercedes could manage.

Old 4 Oct 2017, 11:46 (Ref:3771748)   #177
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Idk, Hungary 2014, yes helped by the weather, but he maximised every opportunity
Old 4 Oct 2017, 14:44 (Ref:3771782)   #178
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Idk, Hungary 2014, yes helped by the weather, but he maximised every opportunity
Rosberg should have won that race, but for not being allowed to pass his teammate.
Or Hamilton should have won that race, but for a fuel pressure issue.

So I still maintain that Mercedes handed that race to Ricciardo.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3771810)   #179
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I still rate Daniel very highly and the fact that he's a naturally likeable chap doesn't hurt. But if you had to pick one of the two to win the WDC in the next three years, I suspect that most of us would have our wager on Max.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 02:32 (Ref:3771931)   #180
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I still rate Daniel very highly and the fact that he's a naturally likeable chap doesn't hurt. But if you had to pick one of the two to win the WDC in the next three years, I suspect that most of us would have our wager on Max.
I think it will bean interesting contest, Max may out-qualify Ricciardo, but will get involved in more dumb contacts than Ricciardo.
I think that Max is going to experience some very hard and uncompromising racing from a lot of other drivers as payback for the sins he has committed against others. When Max is going for the title the likes of Hamilton are not just going to jump out of his way because they are looking after bigger interests.

Also look at the current points tally, yes Max has suffered unreliability, but also had a bunch of dumb wrecks.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 05:57 (Ref:3771975)   #181
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I think it will bean interesting contest, Max may out-qualify Ricciardo, but will get involved in more dumb contacts than Ricciardo.
I think that Max is going to experience some very hard and uncompromising racing from a lot of other drivers as payback for the sins he has committed against others. When Max is going for the title the likes of Hamilton are not just going to jump out of his way because they are looking after bigger interests.

Also look at the current points tally, yes Max has suffered unreliability, but also had a bunch of dumb wrecks.
"a buch of"?

for certain Austria and Spain where not his fault

he had 4 mechanical DNF's and most people think Singapore was Vettels fault

so wich of that 7 you think he was to blame?
Old 5 Oct 2017, 07:24 (Ref:3771987)   #182
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He has been in F1 longer than just 2017.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 08:28 (Ref:3772000)   #183
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
"a buch of"?

for certain Austria and Spain where not his fault

he had 4 mechanical DNF's and most people think Singapore was Vettels fault

so wich of that 7 you think he was to blame?
Spain: Start accident with Raikkonen

Monaco: Contact with Grosjean

Canada: Ran over Vettel's front wing

Austria: Turn1 crash with Alonso

Silverstone: Verstappen and Vettel contact

Hungary: Massive contact with Ricciardo

Hungary: "That kid is dangerous, so it wasn't worth it." Hamilton

Singapore: Squeezed between Ferraris.

Not all his fault by any means, possibly due to the fact that he is a hard racer, but not good for WDC driver point accumulation!

I would also argue that if it was Hamilton that was between the Ferraris in Singapore there wouldn't have been an accident. Maybe the accident wasn't Verstappen's fault, but it was avoidable.

Ricciardo however is clean other than contact with Max in Hungary. ( Certainly Max's fault.)
Old 5 Oct 2017, 09:09 (Ref:3772014)   #184
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland

-Raikkonen was punted into him by Bottas

- Alonso was punted into him by Kvyat

- There was no contact, first vettel forced Max of track, in the next corner Max returned the favor

And if you look back at the incidents Hamilton and Vettel both had in the beginning of their careers: it did'nt stop them from beeing WDC
Old 5 Oct 2017, 09:38 (Ref:3772018)   #185
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post

-Raikkonen was punted into him by Bottas

- Alonso was punted into him by Kvyat

- There was no contact, first vettel forced Max of track, in the next corner Max returned the favor

And if you look back at the incidents Hamilton and Vettel both had in the beginning of their careers: it did'nt stop them from beeing WDC
All I am saying is that Max's current number of contacts will hinder him in competing with Ricciardo in the near future. I am sure that he will be a WDC he is very talented and the contacts will diminish as he gains experience.

It is generally not who is to blame in a contact, but the fact that a "racing incident occurs", they cost points.

Vettel has probably cost himself a championship this year by not picking who he gets involved with. Wheel banging with Lewis under the safety car and forcing the point with Max in Singapore.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 09:47 (Ref:3772022)   #186
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
All I am saying is that Max's current number of contacts will hinder him in competing with Ricciardo in the near future. I am sure that he will be a WDC he is very talented and the contacts will diminish as he gains experience.

It is generally not who is to blame in a contact, but the fact that a "racing incident occurs", they cost points.

Vettel has probably cost himself a championship this year by not picking who he gets involved with. Wheel banging with Lewis under the safety car and forcing the point with Max in Singapore.
It's not like Ricciardo has never been involved in such incidents
Old 5 Oct 2017, 11:42 (Ref:3772051)   #187
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Ricciardo is better then Max. Max's wins came from luck. Not to mention he's getting destroyed in the points tally this year.

Qualifying means Nothing on Sunday. Also Ricciardo is the best overtaker in F1.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3772057)   #188
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Ricciardo is better then Max. Max's wins came from luck. Not to mention he's getting destroyed in the points tally this year.
More like Ricciardo's wins come from luck:

Canada 2014 - Both Mercedes suffered MGU-K failures, Perez had brake issues.
Hungary 2014 - Both Mercedes suffered overheating brakes, Hamilton had a fuel pressure problem, Rosberg missed out on pit entry due to safety car timing.
Belgium 2014 - The Mercedes collided with each other.
Malaysia 2016 - Vettel took out Rosberg, Hamilton's engine failed.
Azerbaijan 2017 - Bottas had a collision with Raikkonen, Vettel damaged Hamilton's diffuser and his headrest came loose later.

Max's first win can be considered fortunate, but his latest was through outperforming the field on merit.

Max has a 50% win rate from luck, Ricciardo is up near 100% luck.
The difference in points tally is down to Max's bad luck.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 12:11 (Ref:3772061)   #189
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Max has been unfortunate to be involved in incidents that weren't his fault and it's good that he hasn't let his bad luck get to him too much. So he's definitely gonna be there next season if the car is good enough
Old 5 Oct 2017, 16:55 (Ref:3772118)   #190
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Qualifying means Nothing on Sunday. Also Ricciardo is the best overtaker in F1.
Sigh. You're not even trying anymore.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 17:58 (Ref:3772132)   #191
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Finally a good reason to visit this topic again.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3772136)   #192
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
It will get to a point where everyone will steer clear of Max on the starts and he will have a clear run into turn one each time he is on the front row. Consistently he has put his "elbows out" since he came into F1, and asserted himself, now feared by other drivers. Good to see; it's almost watchable again..
Old 5 Oct 2017, 20:25 (Ref:3772164)   #193
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
More like Ricciardo's wins come from luck:

Canada 2014 - Both Mercedes suffered MGU-K failures, Perez had brake issues.
Hungary 2014 - Both Mercedes suffered overheating brakes, Hamilton had a fuel pressure problem, Rosberg missed out on pit entry due to safety car timing.
Belgium 2014 - The Mercedes collided with each other.
Malaysia 2016 - Vettel took out Rosberg, Hamilton's engine failed.
Azerbaijan 2017 - Bottas had a collision with Raikkonen, Vettel damaged Hamilton's diffuser and his headrest came loose later.

Max's first win can be considered fortunate, but his latest was through outperforming the field on merit.

Max has a 50% win rate from luck, Ricciardo is up near 100% luck.
The difference in points tally is down to Max's bad luck.
the difference is Daniel has outclassed a 4 time world champion and will continue to destroy Max this year. nothing new. He also doesn't need to take his own team mate out to gain points too.

Won't mention which race it was.

but it was in the Hungarian GP.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 20:44 (Ref:3772169)   #194
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was going to reply at more length but...... I just can't be bothered........
Old 5 Oct 2017, 22:10 (Ref:3772189)   #195
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Again, mods, can we put this thread out of our misery? I know I could just ignore the frotting fanboys, but does it deserve space?
Old 6 Oct 2017, 06:01 (Ref:3772248)   #196
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
the difference is Daniel has outclassed a 4 time world champion and will continue to destroy Max this year. nothing new. He also doesn't need to take his own team mate out to gain points too.

Won't mention which race it was.

but it was in the Hungarian GP.
But it is so obvious that Daniel has come nowhere near to outclassing Max this year.

Max is winning the tally of races won on merit - and will continue to do so as he doesn't rely on luck to get his wins.
Old 6 Oct 2017, 08:13 (Ref:3772262)   #197
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
So funny to see the usual suspects get their knickers in a twisty knot over what someone has posted! All the while the poster has clearly got a stick in a smelly pot with a big grin on their face!

Old 6 Oct 2017, 11:58 (Ref:3772283)   #198
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not sure about that, I think FAS is actually quite serious.......
Old 6 Oct 2017, 12:06 (Ref:3772285)   #199
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's a serious debate.
Old 6 Oct 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3772303)   #200
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
It would be hard to keep up an image of such delusion so long otherwise.
A bit like those who are so deluded about Vettel's ability - but that's for other threads.