Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 Jun 2011, 11:54 (Ref:2898767)   #11
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So... what criteria determines which driver is seeded? This has been a bone of contention since the concept was introduced to AusGT's... Is it a championship winner in any class? Is it a race winner in any class? Is it being a paid (and therefore 'professional') racing driver? How old do the wins have to be? (Can I get former Bathurst winners like Mr Grice & Mr Mezera & Mr Seton out of retirement, all unseeded??)

This rule might ensure that a European team may have to run an unseeded Aussie because their racing history is known.

Meantime, I still think on the grounds of safety, scrapping the timed fuel stop is not a great move... most of these tyre changing & brake changing & refuelling crews are not Pros (with no sleight on them, but AusGT isnt big enough, and arguably doesnt have the need...) and is it not better to give teams the time to change brakes as often as they like in the allotted timeframe, making sure the car is safe... I mean how many cars limp around with some technical problem because of the potential time loss to fix it?
These are good points. The seeded driver one will always be cloudy. How do they rank it in FIA GT3? Gold to Bronze or something based on experience and past results? We'd have to look into it.

The pitstop time argument I don't disagree with. I've seen a similar system work in events such as the Wakefield 300 and it just takes the pressure off a bit and reduces the likelihood of mistakes in the pitlane regarding refuelling, brake changes etc

My grip against the pit regs was that the GT3 R had to pit at least 11 times or something compared the R8's 9 or something. That was a bit silly in my mind..