Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Jun 2003, 17:52 (Ref:616955)   #1
rcs
Rookie

rcs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans - D' oh !!

Thought it was time to get the LM preperations under way - despite the non arrival of my grandstand tix, Airtrack beer tent tokens, ferry tix etc I thought I'd get my trusty my tent out and put it up in the garden for a mildew cleaning excercise. All well and good I thought until I came back from the pub to find I'd put the wigwam up on a sodding great ants nest. The tent is going to take days to get debugged now...............!
Old 1 Jun 2003, 18:02 (Ref:616966)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Le Mans - D' oh !!

Quote:
Originally posted by rcs
despite the non arrival of my grandstand tix
We're in the same boat. Blummin' ACO. How can they organise the world's best motor race and yet be so inept at giving out tickets for it! This happens every year and it never gets better. I don't think I'll be renewing this year.

Sorry to here about the tent!

Still, only two weeks to go
Old 1 Jun 2003, 21:03 (Ref:617136)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't you run it through the washing machine? Meaning the tent, not the ACO, although that might be a suggestion too.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 21:30 (Ref:617184)   #4
rcs
Rookie

I've given it (the tent not the ACO) a good dusting of 'Raid'and the ants are most hacked off. However it is now hosing it down and my nice dry tent is now wet. This has bad omens..........!

PS: Yay ! JPM - even though my 66/1 shot on Webber didn't pan out...
PPS: Anybody else see that totally utterly bonkers end to the Monaco F3000 race yesterday ? Ooops !
Old 1 Jun 2003, 21:40 (Ref:617202)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No what happened in the 3000 race?
Old 1 Jun 2003, 22:45 (Ref:617255)   #6
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well from what i've read dear ol' Bjorn made a unilateral decision to shorten the race by one lap, so he slowed to celebrate what he deemed a victory after he dominated the majority of the race. However the FIA and his fellow competitors obviously didn't agree with his notion to abbreviate the race so Nicholas Kiesa passed Wirdheim - who had slowed drastically as he congratulated himself - and took the victory for Den Bla Avis...Wouldn't you have loved to be in that team debrief after Wirdheim got back to the paddock!
Old 1 Jun 2003, 23:26 (Ref:617291)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LOL!
Old 2 Jun 2003, 07:39 (Ref:617450)   #8
rcs
Rookie

Yes - a true howler. I mean it would be bad enough to cock up like that at a wet Snetterton Formula Nothing race but to do it at Monaco takes real class........

At least when it pops up on 'A Question of Sport' in the 'what happened next ?' category I'll be able to answer it !
Old 2 Jun 2003, 11:06 (Ref:617598)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The look on his face on the podium as the enormity of what he had just done -- and how long it's going to follow him -- should be made into a poster.

Made me think of the Formula One race at Indianapolis last year, actually ...
Old 3 Jun 2003, 00:47 (Ref:618609)   #10
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish i could find some pictures since i'm sure his face is the perfect mix of embarassment, anger and fear. The poor lad will be tormented by that mistake no matter what he manages to accomplish. He could be ten time world champion and people would still talk about how his brain took a **** at monaco.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 07:17 (Ref:618841)   #11
rcs
Rookie

I didn't think he looked too bad. It was the reddening face and strained smile of the Arden boss that tickled me, if Bjorn didn't look like the F3000 Champ (or F2 from this week ?) already then I think he'd be on the first plane back to Sweden !

I'm reading a book called 'The Worlds Strangest Motor Races' (there are a few Le Mans entries in it) but after half a book done there has been nothing to match what happend on Saturday......
Old 3 Jun 2003, 13:00 (Ref:619123)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by rcs

I'm reading a book called 'The Worlds Strangest Motor Races' (there are a few Le Mans entries in it) but after half a book done there has been nothing to match what happend on Saturday......
Funnily enough I was given that a couple of weeks ago. I'm still in the early chapters, but its not a bad (if lightweight) read.