Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Sep 2003, 11:13 (Ref:706741)   #101
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
obrock/gooba hello hello ?????
Old 3 Sep 2003, 13:07 (Ref:706907)   #102
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with Tool Man etc...This is a forum, we discuss things, whether they be fact, rumour etc....

The info. provided by the likes of Racetime, GTR and sevi are invaluable to the forum.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 21:29 (Ref:707512)   #103
amiers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
amiers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you guys just dont get it do you? no one is saying you cant have an opinion or discuss certain matters. what we are saying is when a pack of total lies is made up by a person,and not pointing at any person in particular,it can be very damaging to the team owners personally and the team professionally. you seem to think that it just doesnt matter and if it's a lie they all have broad shoulders or they shouldnt be babies.one last thing, if you also think that these the "untrue" rumors dont have an effect on the teams/people go and have a chat to them in private and see what happens. i dont think Brad and Kim were keen to speak to GTRMAGIC because of them needing new friends,they wanted for once to have thier point of view put across not what someone made up in thier sleep. on that note i bid you all goodbye and hope in the future the people who make up the lies think twice and to the people with genuine comments and stories keep up the good work, you have a great forum here and it desrves better than the reputation some people are giving it.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 21:48 (Ref:707525)   #104
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for your point of view Amiers.
I understand what your saying, and I must confess it does suprise me that people within the industry are now worried by some of the discussions we have here .
Personally, I have really enjoyed reading the posts from some of our members who seem to have some sort of inside knowledge, and hope you all continue to contribute and offer your own point of view.
There are always 2 sides to a story,and provided neither side gets personal, surely we are all old enough to agree to disagee.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 21:58 (Ref:707533)   #105
amiers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
amiers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
alan jones, you would be very surprised who reads what! they are all just people and have intrests just like us and get hurt just like us....... p.s how do you know really who i am? if i was a top driver do you think i would tell eveyone? no way i would want keep to myself. food for thought isn't it?

Last edited by amiers; 3 Sep 2003 at 22:01.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 22:12 (Ref:707540)   #106
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amiers thats what Id said last week and as I said then I have first hand experience in the effect some posts can have, but they were posts that were not untrue they just shouldnt have been made public at that point in time.
I know from my sources that anything that I or GTR or Sevi or Racetime etc have posted ,particularly recently is reasonably common knowledge but just hasnt made it into the public arena, its been more stuff that is better known in team and sponsor circles.
I was all for waiting for press releases to be issued before we posted but then I went through some posts in recent history and went to The V8 Supercar Site etc and there are some things that have been posted right here on Ten Tenths, that are very true and have happened and I still cant find the corresponding press release. SO that tells me we need to post some info to keep people informed without giving away TOP SECRET information.
I have got to say that I havent really read a pack of total lies on ten tenths for some time - I think you have this site mixed up with another that I wont name , that while I read there and keel over laughing at some of the idiots, I refuse to post on there.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 07:22 (Ref:711443)   #107
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, what a fascinationg thread and ghasn't it devialted from it's origin.

Now, my two cents worth. I am always very, very careful about what i put in here because I was silly enough to register under my own name, but I really do wonder about all the aliases here. I've met a couple of 10/10 members, none of whom are on the inside of the sport at Australia's top level, but i'm told that quite a few V8SC team owners and drivers are regulars here, perhaps even TC & RP come here too.

Bearing this in mind, does anyone else think that it's good fun to read someone else's posts and try to work out if they are an "insider" or just a regular joe at home playing with himself, and us for that matter.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 07:28 (Ref:711452)   #108
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes you can usually tell who is really involved and who is on more the fan side of things.
I have worked out who some people are, and Mark Noske is not the only driver to contribute. There is still a couple I am trying to work out though.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 08:04 (Ref:711489)   #109
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well who cares anyway,I don't work for any team and have never alluded to such,I'm not "on the inside" as you put it,so take my posts with a grain of salt ,who cares.It is interesting to find things out,exchange views etc and it is in reality no different to the chat at the pub regarding the footy.Ameirs gets all upset at what you have "worked all your life building up" being torn apart well name the drivers that have got the flick.If you want fact only then be prepared for the facts,every little detail,the stuff that dosn't make it on here but would if it were a newspaper and the drivers were cricketers or footy players,the teams and their dealings were splashed across the Fin Review.I may not wear a team jacket but believe you me everyone is a human and stuff up and in reality some is alot worse than the tiddly little bits that offend you.Maybe you can go round and give a few partners of these opressed members of the sporting world the happy news about there partners activitys.Snap out of it,why not wander over to Central it may be more your speed but don't go to the other site that nobody seems to want to name as it can be quite a bit harsh over there.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 8 Sep 2003, 08:07 (Ref:711494)   #110
Lyris
Racer

Lyris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conrod, there i named it
Old 10 Sep 2003, 22:51 (Ref:714559)   #111
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats the highest cliff in Brisbane without a rail

From Fox sports

Johnson calls on experts
By Peter Krupka
September 11, 2003

FORD legend Dick Johnson is turning to Formula One and offshore experts as he tries to solve the problems that have hit his V8 Supercar team in the past two years.

Johnson has headhunted a British-based engine development engineer who will move to Dick Johnson Racing's (DJR) base on the Gold Coast next month. He is hopeful a chassis engineer from the Jordan F1 team will do the same early next year.

Dick Johnson Racing has struggled since 2001 when both drivers - Johnson's son, Steve, and Paul Radisich - finished the championship in the top 10 and DJR were the best performed Ford team.

Johnson admitted he has been slow to adapt to the change in V8 Supercars and has concluded that local talent is no longer good enough to keep a team at the top of the category.

"We've been weak in one area - the engineering side of things - and I take total blame for the that," Johnson said.

"I'm one to accept change but what I didn't accept is just how fast things change. I should have listened to myself five years ago when I said to the AVESCO board (V8 Supercar's governing body) the one thing this business is going to suffer from in the future is the lack of skilled people.

"There's been no new ideas, no new technology or things like that."

Johnson said the Holden Racing Team (HRT) benefited when it was owned by Tom Walkinshaw, who ran the defunct Arrows F1 team. He said such alliances were the future in V8 Supercars.

The new Ford Performance Racing team is owned by British motorsport company Prodrive, which runs the BAR Formula One team.

Johnson's team is sponsored to the tune of $1.2million a year by Ford - second only to FPR, which receives $4.5m - yet their drivers finished 14th and 26th last year and they sit 17th and 19th deep into this year's championship.

"I don't think I've had a worse year in motorsport than the last 12 months," Johnson said.

The poor performance of DJR has been made more apparent by the stunning form of championship-bound Ford outfit Stone Brothers Racing and their gun driver Marcos Ambrose.

Johnson's next chance comes on the weekend when the season's 500km endurance race returns to Melbourne's Sandown Raceway for the first time since 1998.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 23:25 (Ref:714571)   #112
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully a step in the right direction.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Just check what the sport was like 10 years ago in personnel size and money spent- no comparison.

Last edited by Mattracer; 10 Sep 2003 at 23:26.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 11 Sep 2003, 06:11 (Ref:714677)   #113
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DJR call in experts.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23770,00.html
Old 11 Sep 2003, 06:13 (Ref:714679)   #114
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope this helps DJR in a hurry !!!!!!
Old 11 Sep 2003, 07:04 (Ref:714712)   #115
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting way to go, as long as the internal and external expectations arent built on these 2 moves being the absolute solution all will be well...

If you believe AutoFiction, it seems Mr Ellery, who I noticed just posted in here, is likely to be a 2004 DJR driver...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Sep 2003, 07:11 (Ref:714715)   #116
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So what DJ is saying is that the whole local sport is bereft of ideas because its not plugged into Europe or the USA?

I wonder how he explains SBR's run of form? Ah, thats right, they used to work for him, taught them everything they know (sarc)
Old 11 Sep 2003, 07:35 (Ref:714733)   #117
Onlooker
Veteran

Ignore thefact that they have an arragment with a Mr Claude Rouelle to assist with the engineering of the cars,now I take nothing away from Campbell Little and the engineers there but reading the storie done on the team about them suspending the car from the roof and swinging it around to find inertia figures etc is pure dynamics and I believe is the type of stuff that Claude teaches in his classes.He has a swag of engineers who crunch numbers for him in North America so I think this is beggining to pay off.What is becoming evident is that those geeky dudes that did engineering at uni are having a massive impact on the teams now and the haves and have nots are getting further apart.That's the beuty of control classes for everything,the ones with the best brains just continue to extract performance out of areas the others cannot fathom and you are hard pressed to out law it because you cannot see where the pace comes from.Good on SBR,HRT had a similiar advantage with the old car and now SBR know those mystical numbers that make the cars sing for them,week in week out.What DJR lost when the stones left was the organisational skills and preperation knowledge but it has taken SBR a while to get the engineering side right and is now a formidible opponent for anyone.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 11 Sep 2003, 07:46 (Ref:714746)   #118
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I think the 'slowness ' in SBR achieving their objectives include the awfulness of the AU, and indeed the funding the team enjoys... they dont appear to be the richest team in pitlane by any means, but have very clever ways of networking their sponsor partnerships for common benefit.

Not having the HMS unlimited bank account means that development is a function of budget rather than imagination
Old 11 Sep 2003, 07:53 (Ref:714752)   #119
Onlooker
Veteran

I don't think that they have been slow in achieving there objectives at all,the began in what 96 as Pack Leader,had to scrape together a deal the next year,half funded AJ and ended up with equipment not cash as such,ran Larko to boost coffers and have had one Bathurst win,some pretty big failures,had some great drivers and some shockers and in some 8 years have established themselves as the car to beat,week in week out.They may have had a leg up in running the EL and having knowledge of the car from time at DJR but are now on their 2nd model since then and both have been steady improvements.GRM started out at the same time and have gone up rapidly and fallen just as quick,swapping to a new car for that team has been a night mare on both occasions,proving hard work and happy crew just don't get it done on it's own.

Old 11 Sep 2003, 08:08 (Ref:714764)   #120
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I agree with you Onlooker, as you suggest commercially, SBR in past years has not had the financial firepower comparable to their contemporaries at DJR, HRT etc etc

I am still of the belief that having a 2nd driver in the squad equal to the first, with even more experience than the first, is a great thing for the team, and has aided development
Old 11 Sep 2003, 08:13 (Ref:714769)   #121
Onlooker
Veteran

Absolutly,look at the end of last year,Besnard was by then no doubt aware that he was driving for his future and began to perform the way he should of in 2001 and the cars all of a sudden were able to move forward,aided with double the data,that has been HRT's strenght in the past,when one stumbled the opther was there to wave the flag,unfortunatly for reasons best known to the team, Todd he has been a rather uneffective rear gunner for the boss and so if MS dosn't grab the bull by the horns another team does

Old 12 Sep 2003, 02:56 (Ref:715827)   #122
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not trying to prod old wounds here, but does GTRMagic have anything more to say on his DJR v Shell hypothesis of a couple of pages ago? (not mechievious, just curious )

DJR's press release isn't very complimentary to the current engineering team. Wouldn't like to be one of those guys at the moment
Old 12 Sep 2003, 03:01 (Ref:715831)   #123
Onlooker
Veteran

What you think the boss telling the world they are not performing is going to blow their cover???????????

Old 12 Sep 2003, 03:13 (Ref:715838)   #124
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know about "blowing their cover", but the ego and future job prospects must be taking a battering - how much of it is actually deserved could be open to question though.
Old 12 Sep 2003, 04:34 (Ref:715873)   #125
Onlooker
Veteran

You can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse eh,is that your meaning.Your right if the funding etc isn't in place to develop the car your screwed