Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 29 Jul 2004, 08:10 (Ref:1050599)   #1
MelanieJSmith
Rookie

England
Nuneaton
MelanieJSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington 31st/1st (This Weekend)

BRSCC are running a meeting at Donington this weekend that has loads of different cars, some good racing in store and a good programme finish! (6.15 on Saturday, 5.30 on Sunday)

Only problem is we are short of Marshal's for all disciplines, especially pits.

If anyone can help, please PM me and I’ll give you more details.

The link to see the programme is www.mst-group.co.uk

Thanks in anticipation

Melanie
Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:53 (Ref:1052281)   #2
thepits
Rookie

thepits should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Mel, love to help, but...........

DAYS OF THUNDER!

beckons!

(see you in august @ Silverstone!)
Old 2 Aug 2004, 07:17 (Ref:1053713)   #3
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
A cracking 2-day meeting, fantastic (full) grids and good racing.

Weather was, to put it bluntly, **** but then again, what's new?

Now for the Mini bash next weekend.....

Last edited by neilwaynesmith; 2 Aug 2004 at 07:18.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 10:25 (Ref:1053877)   #4
Mik
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Mik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was driving at Donington on Saturday and had a great time. Even if I did come last - again

Anyway, thanks to all the marshalls and everyone else who was working the meeting.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 10:26 (Ref:1053879)   #5
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
Excuse the ignorance, but what car/race?
Old 2 Aug 2004, 10:57 (Ref:1053914)   #6
NiG_21
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepperton, Middlesex
NiG_21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mik and Myself were both in the TR Register/TSSC race. I had a great day too and give thanks to all the volunteer Marshalls that make this sport possible.

Mik is Spitfire 43 and I am No 21 (spitfire), we have a race at Snetterton this weekend and I'm not entered. What do I have to do to volunteer to Marshal for it? Is it too late?
Ex-Swinging Sixties Racer #21 and CSCC Future Classics Coordinator
Got plans tho' ... :/
Old 2 Aug 2004, 13:22 (Ref:1054059)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by neilwaynesmith
A

Weather was, to put it bluntly, **** but then again, what's new?

Were you at a different Donington to me? I was there from 2pm Sat and apart from mist yeasterday morning it was brilliant sunshine both days and I roasted in the car yesterday.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 13:25 (Ref:1054069)   #8
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
I dunno. I was at a Donington where it rained on Saturday Morning, was windy and, admittedly sunny on Saturday afternoon, Foggy and drizzly on Sunday Morning and windy lukewarm and again, sunny Sunday Afternoon.

Mind you, I was at the top of that flagtower halfway up Craner....

Still a very good weekend though!

Last edited by neilwaynesmith; 2 Aug 2004 at 13:32.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 13:31 (Ref:1054082)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I missed the rain on Saturday (i drove up from London and it was continious sun all day) It was baking in the paddock on Sunday PM and sitting on the grid for 15 minutes while a car was pulled out of the gravel at Redgate was unbearable.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 13:40 (Ref:1054098)   #10
Liam34
Rookie

Liam34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd just like to add my word of thanks to the marshals.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 13:43 (Ref:1054101)   #11
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
Speaking for myself, it was a pleasure to marshal that meeting, the grids were excellent and the racing was fun to observe.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 18:10 (Ref:1054285)   #12
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking (unofficially) on behalf of the Darlington & District MC, thank you all for your support of the DDMC Sportscar race on Sunday - it wasn't the biggest grid of the weekend, but it was a good display of some very quick machinery and a few decent scraps. For a regional club race which started off very slowly a couple of years ago, it's getting more and more interest and getting to race at a variety of circuits instead of being confined to just the Northern circuits.

As for the rest of the weekend, the rain on Saturday was unexpected, as was the mist on Sunday, but some excellent racing made up for it. Some lovely cars being raced hard over the weekend. A few bits and pieces to keep post 12 interested, but nothing too bad, so a good weekend in all, just needed more sunshine.

Al.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 18:12 (Ref:1054286)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes it was an excellent meeting. Well run. It's unusual for the grid line up to be so meticulously done.

Thanks everyone.

Just a little question. For the final race on Saturday the competitors were asked to sign the grid sheet by one of the assembly area marshals. We asked at the time, but never really got an answer as to why this happened. Something about making sure everyone arrived on time. It didn't happen to any of the other grids (well not for race 1 or 4). Can anyone shed some light on it.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 19:54 (Ref:1054341)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
I'm now confused (not difficult) how many Donington 31st/1st threads have we got, I think I have found 3 so far.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 22:55 (Ref:1054497)   #15
Liam34
Rookie

Liam34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats only 1.5 thread per meeting per month. Thats still less than most.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 07:28 (Ref:1054735)   #16
Alastair
Rookie

Alastair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam - To answer your question about signing the grid sheet, we had a new young marshal with us who had trouble understanding what to do and he decided he wanted drivers signatures on his grid sheet to show you had arrived in the assembly area. This was something I did not realise he was doing until the middle of the afternoon. This is not standard practice and there was nothing official in it, in fact he left the sheets behind and they were thrown away on Sunday.
Hope this puts your mind at rest.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 08:07 (Ref:1054768)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks. It wasn't a problem. I just wondered why it was being done. A lot of drivers were worried - it doesn't take much though

I said the sheet was going to end up on ebay.

Last edited by Adam43; 3 Aug 2004 at 08:08.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 09:24 (Ref:1054834)   #18
Alastair
Rookie

Alastair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now there's an idea, maybe we should get you all to sign the grid sheets and sell them on ebay. The money could go to a suitable charity! Unfortunately I don't think time would allow.

Can I just say a big thanks to all the competitors over the weekend, everyone was approachable and frendly and looked like they were enjoying themselves, this goes for Rockingham two weeks earlier as well, despite the weather! It makes a big difference to us marshals, especially after two FIA meetings (GT/Touring cars & GP) where the teams are either hidden away or unapproachable.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 19:21 (Ref:1055437)   #19
ss24355261
Racer

United Kingdom
mansfield
ss24355261 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello there i had a great day on sunday i was on post 38 not too much to do but still had a great time
steve
Old 3 Aug 2004, 19:36 (Ref:1055455)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Not only were you on post 38, but that looks like your 38th post!

A quick check on www.marshalspost.com reveals that post 38 was Goddards. I had a couple of dices into their. Got past a couple of people there, and got retaken there too (a V12 XJS I overtook into the Old Hairpin destroyed me down Starkey's on the same lap! Still I kept the inside the following lap and then managed to pull away.).

I hear that someone went straight on at Goddard's in my race too (XJS race), although I didn't see it.

And I definitely waved to 38 on the slow down lap!
Old 3 Aug 2004, 20:28 (Ref:1055523)   #21
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Some pictures here. Sorry Adam, I didn't see the XJS race.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 21:32 (Ref:1055583)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That's OK, there are some cracking pictures there. I really like that Low Drag E.