Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Apr 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1579901)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F1 driver VS F1 team principal

Well so imagine you've been given the chance to either be the top f1 driver or the top f1 team principal... which would you take...

both get tons of money,
both seem to get ridiculously hot girl friends and both get to be in the sport they love...

I would personally choose to be a driver simply for the adrenaline rush of being on the top step of the podium...

although being a team boss wouldnt be all that bad... ordering Alonso or MS on what to do next during the race or telling Fisi to effing hurry up certainly appeals to me...
also trading drivers like poker chips has got it's perks....

what about you guys
Old 13 Apr 2006, 00:08 (Ref:1579938)   #2
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no contest... driver thanks!

driver---->daylight----------------------------------->team principal
Old 13 Apr 2006, 00:16 (Ref:1579940)   #3
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
It has to be driver.

To , in order to try and pass in , follwed by in celebration, and topped of by .

That would be great.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 00:20 (Ref:1579943)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are games for both situations...
Old 13 Apr 2006, 00:25 (Ref:1579945)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
But we are not talking about games, .
Old 13 Apr 2006, 00:28 (Ref:1579947)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and you dont get ridiculously hot girl friends in games....
Old 13 Apr 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1579951)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Erm, think I'd be the driver thanks.

Anything to try out those cars, stand on the podium victorious, get free sunglasses from oakley..etc....
Old 13 Apr 2006, 00:54 (Ref:1579962)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
But we are not talking about games, .
Say. Imagination is the game of the poor.

Oh... I'll let you guys play now
Old 13 Apr 2006, 00:57 (Ref:1579964)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
[QUOTE=Bononi]Say. Imagination is the game of the poor.

Oh... I'll let you guys play now [QUOTE]

are you calling me a kid...
Old 13 Apr 2006, 01:18 (Ref:1579976)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

No. YOU are saying that !
Old 13 Apr 2006, 01:18 (Ref:1579977)   #11
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I hope he isn't calling me poor!

I'm a multi-millionaire, multi-WDC thank you very much!
Old 13 Apr 2006, 01:29 (Ref:1579982)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Nah, we are all multi-millionaires with nothing to do but spend our times posting here !
Old 13 Apr 2006, 01:32 (Ref:1579983)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
If I happened to be a multi-millionaire, with nothing better to do than spend my time here (as opposed to not being a mult-millionaire, but with nothing better to do, ), then there would no advertising on this site.

As things stand, having something better to do (i.e. winning WDCs) means it remains .

Of course, if we all choose to be the top F1 driver, then that means were of equal ability. That could mean we end up all being pay drivers, as the teams don't have any need to entice us with salaries.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 01:37 (Ref:1579987)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Dutton, I am impressed with your generosity !!

Oh yeah, we're talking about imagination...
Old 13 Apr 2006, 11:17 (Ref:1580286)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
both get tons of money,
both seem to get ridiculously hot girl friends and both get to be in the sport they love...
Nice side-effects. However those aren't the main reasons to become either.

Both would be good and enjoyable job. However if it is between one or the other then I'll go for driver.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 11:30 (Ref:1580297)   #16
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Definitely the driver. Just the thrill of driving those things. As opposed to a team principal, where it is all organisation, organisation, politics and money. A driver should be (not necessarily is) just down to fitness, diet, PR, georgeous women and DRIVING!

No comparison really!
Old 13 Apr 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1580354)   #17
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say Team Principal call me crazy if you will but the engineer in me can't resist
Old 13 Apr 2006, 13:12 (Ref:1580387)   #18
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver, hands down driver!
Old 13 Apr 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1580436)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The driver gets to relax from the tension for a while when he's driving the car. He's having fun to some extent.

Whereas team principals are stressed out all the way.

Definitely best to be a driver.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 14:50 (Ref:1580452)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Although as engineer you have the power to screw with Fisi's car just for a laugh...
Old 13 Apr 2006, 23:39 (Ref:1580885)   #21
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Surely a driver, and looking forward to my first drive at eau rouge.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 00:10 (Ref:1580895)   #22
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok, then I take on the titel of team principal and look forward to see you guys for your first 4-hour work-out in the gym...
Old 14 Apr 2006, 01:41 (Ref:1580923)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Ok, I'm not very ambitious...

So, Bernie Ecclestone's position would do.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 01:51 (Ref:1580926)   #24
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Ron Dennis gets ridiculosly gorgeous babes??
Old 14 Apr 2006, 01:51 (Ref:1580927)   #25
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Well, if we are moving beyond the realms of the original question, then I would find it pretty interesting to be in Max's shoes.