Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Feb 2001, 13:49 (Ref:66594)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

The UK Sunday tabloid, News of the World, revealed last week that David Coulthard had been dropped by long-time girlfriend Heidi Wichlinski, after a fling with 20 year old Ruth Taylor at London's Metropolitan Hotel.

Geez boy! I am one hell of a happy guy, seeing DC get ditched (FINALLY) by his gf. Heidi proved she aint a bimbo afterall, and the right choice is made by her if DC really tried to pull that "single and available" thing on Taylor.
Its just so embarrasing for DC and this is a taste of one's medicine, for putting people down in public, he gets downed in public himself now. And so much for the so called "Mr NiceGuy" image he is trying to pull off in front of the whole world. BLEAH...jus another of those jerky men! Oh Seesh...pop the bubbly! Told you he is just hypocritical! Whhahaha...

Unless, some critic and DC fans are coming out to claim that Taylor is actually under Michael's payroll

Old 25 Feb 2001, 18:35 (Ref:66636)   #2
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R

Its just so embarrasing for DC and this is a taste of one's medicine, for putting people down in public, he gets downed in public himself now. And so much for the so called "Mr NiceGuy" image he is trying to pull off in front of the whole world. ! Told you he is just hypocritical! Whhahaha...

Unless, some critic and DC fans are coming out to claim that Taylor is actually under Michael's payroll

WELL SAID !! But wait a sec- DC now has another escuse when he AGAIN fails to challenge for the title "My girlfriend dumped me ya see, and Michael was responssible"! Waaaaah!!

Old 25 Feb 2001, 23:59 (Ref:66699)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Get a life, guys. Do you really dislike the guy so much much that you are reduced to quoting Page Six reports on DC's amours?
Old 26 Feb 2001, 00:52 (Ref:66707)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
The cars don't run for another four days, so there is still time for the hens to have a little gossip. I suppose the next target will be Jacques. After that, the season of F1 racing will begin, and the sound of clucking will be lost in the wail of V10's.
Old 26 Feb 2001, 01:19 (Ref:66716)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that WAS a funny headline by Ex Girl Friend Danni about Jacques preferring to lock himself in his room and play video games rather than romp with her ...

I'm sure she'll make do with the next guy in line ...

Miaow!

But I think Heidi did the right thing after he cancelled their wedding ostensibly to "concentrate on winning the championship." If she were dumb enough to fall for that old line, she would have deserved to be 65 years old and still standing at the altar. Sensible girl, Heidi. I hear Jenson Butthead is auditioning ....
Old 26 Feb 2001, 01:34 (Ref:66721)   #6
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Hey!! Thre were reports about Jacques going to some performance to see Danni in a play or someting, and she did not have time to talk to him afterwards. This playing video games thing is weird - unless he has some really good video games!!
Old 26 Feb 2001, 04:09 (Ref:66737)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well if any of you guys broke up with your GF I'm sure you'd like to have it shoved in your faces too.

Give the guy a break. How many of you have ever met him? From what I hear, DC is supposed to be one of the nicest guys off of the track, so don't berate his private life simply because you don't like his driving.

Ditto with Jacques.
Old 26 Feb 2001, 10:41 (Ref:66763)   #8
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If these rumors are true then it's sad for both people involved. Picture yourself in his position....more pressure than we can ever imagine....little private life of his own. Not MY choice for a happy-ever-after lifestyle.

From a personal perspective, when I was DC's age I saw much of the same behavior from some of my fellow Navy attack pilots (A-6's to be specific). Remember now this is not a defense, but an explaination. We were away from home 8 to nine months at a time, and it was not uncommon to have 2 fatalities during that period (out of about 90 pilots per airwing). Even among the most experienced pilots it was common to lie in the rack unable to sleep for hours after a night carrier landing with no divert field in range. It was trap or eject into a dark ocean. No pressure here.... Sometimes during off-line periods our behavior was a little over the top....especially among the single guys who had no life stability and little background "life experience" from which to make decisions. This was a diffucult environment. The divorce rate was unbelievable. Fiancee's came and went as guys desperately tried to find stability and order in their lives. Everyone reacted differently to the stress.

Now, to pass judgement on someone whose circumstances we really don't know based on tabloid sesationalism is hypocritical. Granted, living your life under a microscope is a given for F1 drivers: but when they use a proctoscope, that's a different matter !
Old 26 Feb 2001, 11:15 (Ref:66769)   #9
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
EERO, Jay and Racefreak,

I'm with you, well said. And all this muck from such a well known reliable source, one tabloid paper. I think the moral majority are just jealous!
Old 26 Feb 2001, 11:56 (Ref:66777)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, what I say is if you don't want your life examined in public, don't live it in public. And that goes for Danni giving interviews to the paper as well as DC taking his new paramour to dinner in a public place (does he really think nobody will recognize him? Wouldn't he be offended if nobody did?) before he had officially broken up with his old one.

Yes it is sad that they behave like typical men and women of their age and celebrity and as a result they are discussed by the public. But if they want to live "private lives" they should learn some discretion. Although Alain Prost and Gilles Villeneuve did not live the lives of monks during their racing careers, they had the good sense to carry on their offtrack affairs out of the public view - except for Niki Lauda and Gerald Donaldson virtually nobody would even know about a lot of what went on....

Anyway the racing will start soon and then nobody will care who is sleeping with (or not sleeping with) whom anymore.
Old 26 Feb 2001, 12:22 (Ref:66781)   #11
massifheed
Racer

massifheed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Easier said than done Liz, I think that you would find it hard to live your life in private if you had tabloid "journalists" outside your house waiting for you to emerge. Very often, (or more often than not) if you don't give them the scoop they want then they will make it up anyway. It's a no win situation. And even those who are celebs deserve their privacy just like everyone else. Just because they are famous doesn't mean that they owe anyone anything.
Old 26 Feb 2001, 19:43 (Ref:66848)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by massifheed
Easier said than done Liz, I think that you would find it hard to live your life in private if you had tabloid "journalists" outside your house waiting for you to emerge.
Surely you have noticed, though, the way some celebrities parade around, always wanting to be in the public eye about something, yet complain about invasion of privacy etc.

To give an example, Victoria and David Beckham. They live their lives in the public eye, but feel the need to complain when a book is written about them. They choose to make themselves target for a hungry media, and they should pay the price. Same goes for anyone else like that, whether they are a footballer, singer, actor or racing driver.

And, as has already been said, the season will soon be upon us and there will be more important things to discuss than drivers' love lives.
Old 26 Feb 2001, 20:16 (Ref:66858)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
They choose to make themselves target for a hungry media, and they should pay the price. Same goes for anyone else like that, whether they are a footballer, singer, actor or racing driver.
Absolutely agree. Anyone who has chosen a career where they know that they'll be in the public eye (or that there's a possibility for it) should accept it.

The ones I sometimes can feel a little sorry for are people who are born into a royal family. They have not chosen to be celebrities, but no matter what they do in their lives, they will be followed closely by the media. My libertarian soul (wow, that was deep ) feels strongly about situations where people are not allowed to choose for themselves who to become and what to do with their lives.
Old 26 Feb 2001, 20:26 (Ref:66867)   #14
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
On hte surface, it seemed to me that DC just wanted to either flirt around or to actually break up with his GF. Whatever he was doing, it wasn't related to F1 and I really don't care that much about it. I've broken up with several girls when I was young, and I know that it could be very unpleasant, depending on the method she chose. I got over it in time. I'm not making much sense, am I!!
Old 26 Feb 2001, 20:32 (Ref:66869)   #15
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
In a word...no.
Old 26 Feb 2001, 22:12 (Ref:66883)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
There was one particular girl who ditched me in a most humiliating and heartless manner. In time, I got over her, and later on met this wonderful person that is now my wife. Now you know!! So, Having read what Heidi's father said, how it broke his heart, I can understand how she feels. There is a gentlemanly way for him to break up, just as there is a ladylike manner how girls can ease the fall.
I do not relate DC's off circuit behaviour with his on circuit performance. I see how people behave on the track and how they perform, that's what matters to me in F1. BUT, if we are having a little gossip, then I would have to say that DC is a cad.
Old 28 Feb 2001, 02:28 (Ref:67118)   #17
Liz
Veteran

That's all it is, just a little gossip. No worse than we yatter about the people in the next office or down the next garage, every day.

Now if DC is a failure on the track, he will have to give up something else next year to focus on his racing ...
Old 28 Feb 2001, 04:30 (Ref:67128)   #18
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
If DC fails this year, he might want to contemplate going to a monastry - just like Little Richard.
Old 28 Feb 2001, 11:21 (Ref:67156)   #19
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone considered there may be a romantic link between DC and . . . . Jacques??????