Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Apr 2001, 23:32 (Ref:83826)   #1
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Silly boy... Look what I just found on Alpha F1...

Minardi not Interested in Mazzacane

Minardi boss Giancarlo Minardi told Argentinean press that they are not interested to hire Gaston Mazzacane back to the team.

"Mazzacane made a choice at the end of 2000, leaving my team. I'm very sorry about what has happened to him but if he had taken another decision, he could be driving a F1 car. Now our team has now other plans, and I don't think there is any chance that Gaston might replace Marques", commented Minardi.

Mazzacane's manager, Eduardo Ramirez, commented: "We agreed a separation with Prost. Now, we'll start evaluating some offers we had not taken care of before, due to our commitments with Prost Grand Prix. I don't want to talk more about it now."

Someone shot himself in the foot good 'n' proper with this one...
Old 23 Apr 2001, 00:59 (Ref:83854)   #2
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tough luck for Mazzacane. But he really doesent deserve to be in F1. The Prost is a poor car but it isent as bad as it looks when Mazzacane is behind the wheel. Although Alain may be cursing himself a few weeks down the line...cos Mazzacane is slow but at least he doesent wreck Alain's cars, whereas Burti on the other hand is a wrecking machine!

Anyway, Mazzacane can head to the States or something..maybe the "Nascar Farmers" (as Eddie Irvine so eloquently put it) can teach him a thing or two.

Ps..Marques doesent look special either. Maybe Badoer would think about returning to Minardi if he doesent get a top team contract for next season....

Badoer and Alonso....Hmm!!

Last edited by Mania; 23 Apr 2001 at 01:00.
Old 23 Apr 2001, 01:40 (Ref:83859)   #3
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gaston is a nice guy but really doesn't deserve a place in Formula One...not even in any other top category in Motorsports.
Old 23 Apr 2001, 01:55 (Ref:83863)   #4
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed

Gaston had a permenant place at the back of the grid. Although I give him credit from having the gonads to be a grand prix driver with a mullet
Old 23 Apr 2001, 09:02 (Ref:83940)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Badoer and Alonso at Minardi... wow...

Old 23 Apr 2001, 09:10 (Ref:83943)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
MF, Would Minardi really want him back anyway?

I know Tarso has struggled a bit - But I think that's more attributable to Alonsa's talent rather than lack of his own.

Maza-pacecar has never done well - I feel sorry for him though because he got used up for his money & tossed out at the first opportunity.
Old 23 Apr 2001, 19:29 (Ref:84104)   #7
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldnt be surprised if Mazzacane ends up in Cart, like so many other failed F1 drivers.
Old 23 Apr 2001, 19:56 (Ref:84115)   #8
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Mazzacane doesn't really deserve to be in F1, but then I don't think Marques does either.

I say bring back Luca!
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 23 Apr 2001, 21:32 (Ref:84149)   #9
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Mazzacane's new seat !!!
Old 23 Apr 2001, 23:32 (Ref:84208)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't laugh - it's probably faster than the AP04 ...
Old 24 Apr 2001, 00:07 (Ref:84220)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Let's not be too hasty to knock poor Mazza: at the end of last year, Minardi looked like going nowhere, with loss of sponsors, and nobody wanted to buy the team. Prost had the Ferrari engine and probably even some rear suspension bits to go with the engine - it looked a winner, and I was duped into selection the Prost in one of my Fantasy teams. Who can blame Mazza for going with the Prost? At the time, it looked like his best chance of proving himself. Who wouldn't have jumped at that chance? Only Tristran spotted the fact that Prost were running on low weight. We all that that this would be Alain's year. Look how well sauber is doing with the same engine.