Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Nov 2010, 17:38 (Ref:2791165)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ten tenths end of season awards

Lets continue our season review of 2010. One of the exciting seasons in recent times. Feel free to make up your own awards just as I have done.

Driver of the season : Kubica. Most consistent for me.

Drive of the season : Alonso in Singapore/Hamilton in Canada

Entertainer of the year : Shared between Kobayashi for his balls and Schumacher for his crap-ness.

Best race of the season : Canada. More tire degradation please.

Worst race of the season : Bahrain

Improvement of the season : The stewarding. Fair play to Jean Todt. Having a racing driver on the panel was a master stroke.

Surprise of the season : All the new teams making it to the end

Eddie Jordan great moments in F1 punditry award : Eddie Jordan. For trying to blame Vettel's 30 second engine problem in Monza on team orders.

James Allen ruining the F1 viewing experience award : Jonathon Legard has many nominations. His performance in Korea takes the award though.

Disappointment of the season : Schumacher and Mercedes in general

Teammates love affair award : Button and Hamilton.

Attempted cover up of the year : Ferrari trying their best to convince everyone that it was Massa's decision to let Alonso through in Germany

Successful cover up of the year : Red Bull's flexi wings.

Michael Schumacher defend at all costs award : Michael Schumacher for his stout defense of position against Barrichello in Hungary

Strategy cock up of the year : Ferrari's brain fart in Abu Dhabi
Old 15 Nov 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2791179)   #2
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rookie of the Year?

I'd go for Kobayashi there, as he only did 2 races last year. Just edging Hulkenberg

Surprise Performer of the Year for me was Alguersuari, for outperforming Buemi regularly

Least Scary Person Who Thought He Was Scary was Michael Schumacher. His attempts to intimidate drivers were like an old man putting on a Scream mask and shouting "boo" at a group of 10 year olds

Best and Worst Cycloptic Member of the Paddock is Helmut Marko, for proving you can be one-eyed both physically and mentally

Best Feel-Good Story was HRT beating Virgin. LOL

Golden Cock Award goes to me for thinking Sauber would be very competition. Either that or anyone who suggested Schumacher would hammer Rosberg...oh, that was me too

Word of the Year would be "suddenlyallarghoohsh" (courtesy of Legard in Korea on Vettel's engine failure)
Old 15 Nov 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2791204)   #3
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best Driver of the Year:
Robert Kubica, as in 2008, was arguably the most formidable. Nico Rosberg drove very well throughout. Vettel is the champion but, for me, the eventual winner is Mark Webber.

Best Team of the Year:
Obviously Red Bull. Although unplanned in many respects, having two drivers capable of winning the title in the final race really paid off.

Best Race of the Year:
The Australian Grand Prix.

Worst Driver of the Year:
Bruno Senna. I haven't been at all impressed.

Worst Team of the Year:
In many respects it has to be HRT. The name is awful, the cars look awful, and the team's stability is not great. A tie-up with Williams is a positive step towards, hopefully, a better 2011.

Worst Race of the Year:
The Bahrain Grand Prix. Eddie Jordan can defend the organisers and the setting all he likes but the fact remains that it was the most boring race of the year and is hardly deserving on that basis of its place on the calendar.

Intra-Team Battle of the Year:
The eventual winner is Mercedes. Rosberg and Schumacher have been tearing strips off each other all season out on track.

Eddie Jordan's 'Great Moments in F1 Punditry' Award:
"I actually think they'll [Ferrari] win the constructors' championship - or that's what I would think they would do" by Eddie Jordan narrowly missed out. The eventual winner is Eddie Jordan, who said "You [Jenson Button] went up in my imagination".

James Allen's 'Ruining the F1 Viewing Experience' Award:
The eventual winner is the commentary box dog. WOOF!

Kamui Kobayashi's 'Overtake of the Year' Award:
Nominees included Robert Kubica, who overtook twice around the outside in Abu Dhabi. The eventual winner is Kamui Kobayashi, for overtaking Jaime Alguersuari around the outside of a hairpin in Japan.

Adrian Sutil's 'Stupid Crash of the Year' Award:
Nominees included Jarno Trulli for driving onto Karun Chandhok at Monaco. Trulli did not win the award by virtue of having the decency to apologise with a crate of wine from his vineyard. The eventual winner is Vitaly Petrov, who crashed on the grid as the race got underway in Japan.

The Minardi 'Thanks for Turning Up' Award:
The eventual winner is Sebastien Buemi. Just what have you been doing all year?
Old 15 Nov 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2791208)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"You went up in my imagination"
Old 16 Nov 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2791716)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Extraordinary!
Old 16 Nov 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2791749)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the season : Lewis Hamilton.

Drive of the season : Webber at Hungary.

Entertainer of the year : TGF. Thanks for the lols mate!

Best race of the season : Canada. Twas ever thus. Honourable mention to the drama of Turkey.

Worst race of the season : Hmmm...I didn't think Bahrain bad at the time, but I suppose it was the worst of the season.

Improvement of the season : The stewarding was much improved I agree.

Surprise of the season : Felipe Massa's stupendous crapness, confirming just how good that Ferrari F2008 was.

Eddie Jordan great moments in F1 punditry award : "Full marks to Liuzzi."

James Allen ruining the F1 viewing experience award : No HD feed.

Disappointment of the season : Force India.

Teammates love affair award : Webber and Vettel.

Attempted cover up of the year : The Red Bull wing shenanigans at Silverstone.

Successful cover up of the year : Ralf Schumacher posing as TGF in the Mercedes all year.

Michael Schumacher defend at all costs award : Definitely TGF's atempted murder of Barrichello at Hungary.

Strategy cock up of the year : HRT turning up to the races.

Qualifying lap of the year: Hamilton at Spa.

Forummer of the year: Knowlesy.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 22:21 (Ref:2791873)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Driver of the season : Hamilton. Made some errors but I'm 99% certain he was outdriving his car much of the time.

Drive of the season : I think I'll have to give it to Vettel's championship-clinching drive in Abu Dhabi

Entertainer of the year : Kobayashi, surely!

Best race of the season : Canada, glad to have it back

Improvement of the season : I would have to agree with the stewarding

Surprise of the season : Hulkenberg's pole in Brazil. I couldn't speak for about 10 minutes.

Eddie Jordan great moments in F1 punditry award : EJ's "interview" with Dietrich Mateschitz

James Allen ruining the F1 viewing experience award : Legard. Just generally, there are no specifics...

Disappointment of the season : TGF, although he was disappointing in a hilariously inept way

Teammates love affair award : Alonso barging past Massa going into the pits in China - we didn't need Hockenheim to tell us who was in charge in that team

Attempted cover up of the year : Ferrari trying their best to convince everyone that it was Massa's decision to let Alonso through in Germany < I don't need to change RF's response

Successful cover up of the year : Red Bull's flexi wings. < Same again!

Michael Schumacher defend at all costs award : TGF and his attempt to maim Barrichello

Strategy cock up of the year : Ferrari. Abu Dhabi. Facepalm.

Adrian Sutil's 'Stupid Crash of the Year' Award : That honour has to go to Petrov, crashing at Spa after running over a kerb "to see if it was wet".
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 16 Nov 2010, 23:39 (Ref:2791916)   #8
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK, more serious this time

Driver of the season : As explained elsewhere, Alonso

Drive of the season : Button in Australia, just edging Webber at Monaco

Entertainer of the year : Kobayashi/Schumacher

Best race of the season : Canada was the best of a rather mediocre bunch

Worst race of the season : Bahrain was god awful

Improvement of the season : Alguersuari

Surprise of the season : Hispania not only surviving but beating Virgin in the WCC

Eddie Jordan great moments in F1 punditry award : "Suddenlyallarghoohsh"

James Allen ruining the F1 viewing experience award : "Suddenlyallarghoohsh"

Disappointment of the season : Schumacher the most disappointing driver; Sauber the most disappointing team (I had hopes); but the most disappointing aspect was the racing, which was generally poor

Teammates love affair award : The McLaren boys, yeah. Very mature

Attempted cover up of the year : Red Bull denying Vettel's their favourite

Successful cover up of the year : Red Bull with their diffuser - there were men covering it up every time Brundle went to have a look

Michael Schumacher defend at all costs award : Would I be flamed if I said Kovalainen at Valencia?

Yes, I would. So, Schumacher in Canada, blocking Massa at the last chicane and sending him off the road. Was worse than Hungary IMO

Strategy cock up of the year : Ferrari's at Abu Dhabi is the most costly, but I'd say their strategy in Germany, i.e. team orders, was the biggest cock up, because I don't think they realised how badly it was going to be taken by the fans. Even I was surprised by how badly it went down
Old 17 Nov 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2792050)   #9
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Race of the year : Canada. A proper circuit(not a Tilkedrome) and Bridgestone brought some nice crumbly tyres and we saw a Mclaren/Red Bull/Ferrari fight for the lead. Plus I love the fact that a backmarker was in play to allow Hamilton and Button to get the jump on Alonso.

Drive of the year : Vettel in Korea. In terrible conditions this guy could take pole and could pull out a massive gap. He was amazing at the safety car restarts. A shame his engine died on him.

Overtaking move of the year : Tricky. I was going to say Kobashyi's moves at the Spoon corner at Suzuka(which overwise was quite a dull race), but I am instead going for Rubens death defying move on Schumi at Hungary. Apparently Schumi apologised to him afterwards. I would have love to have seen that.

Schumi : Rubens I am sorry for move at Hungary, Rubens.

Rubens : That's okay Michael. I like nearly be squashed to death at 180 mph.

Driver cock up of the year award : Tempting to say Lewis for either Monza or Singapore, but it has to be Vettel for knocking off his team mate at Turkey. Fortunately he improved over the season, and took the title.

Team strategy cock up of the year award : I could go for Mclaren calling in Lewis at Australia or their muck up at Singapore, but in the end it has to be Ferrari for losing what could have been an easy WDC title at the last race.

Driver strop of the year : Has to be Alonso for his fist shaking at Petrov after the last race of the year.

Team Mates of the Year Award : The Mclaren boys. Complementing each other perfectly. One a smooth "Prost" type driver, the other an oversteery driver. Managed to have a good battle at Turkey and not take each other off.

Worst race of the year : Bahrain. It's a Tilkedrome so that doesn't help it. But running on full fuel for the first time was obviously going to put on a conservative race.

Best new F1 phrase of the year : Fernando is fast than you. Do you understand?

Best Intra Team Mate Battle : Red Bull. The "number 2" driver managed to knock Vettel's confidence once or twice with his Monaco and Spain wins, plus Hungary and Silverstone. Whilst Vettel fought back in the second half of the season with poles and wins trouncing on his team mate.

Improvement of the season : I agree the stewarding. Having a driver on the panel really works. We have had far fewer controversies this year, and the penalties seemed fairer and more balanced for some the driver's indiscretions.

The driver "living on borrowed time award" : Schumi. his comeback has not been good. Okay it is sort of entertaining to watch in some ways, and next year might be different. At the moment his team mate Rosberg is pounding him into the ground!

Entertaining driver of the year : Kobayshi. This guy can overtake. He even manages it at the Spoon corner at Suzuka, which isn't really a place you overtake at!

Driver strategy call of the year : Jenson Button for the Chinese Grand Prix. Managing to stay out on dry tyres at a wet track and pit at the right time for intermediates.

Driver of the year award : Vettel. Was probably the fastest all round this year. 10 poles was amazing, almost Senna like for qualifying. Okay made some costly mistakes (taking off your team mate being one of the worst, but also his crash with Button). He probably is not that good at race craft and overtaking. But took the joint "most wins" of the season and came on strong in the second half of the season. Mechanical failures cost him more wins as well.

F1 car of the year : The Red Bull. Having Adrian Newey as your designer helps no end. Plus a nice "flexing" front wing.

Qualifying of the year : Hulkenberg at Brazil. Going out on the right type of tyres at the right time gave Williams a pole. Come on Williams get back to a winning form!!!!
Old 17 Nov 2010, 12:01 (Ref:2792065)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the season : Vettel.

Drive of the season : Massa in Germany.

Entertainer of the year : TGF.

Best race of the season : Spa.

Improvement of the season :Team orders being ridiculed.

Surprise of the season : Jean Todt not touching the season, so used to Max.

Eddie Jordan great moments in F1 punditry award :
Pass.

James Allen ruining the F1 viewing experience award : Pass.

Disappointment of the season : New teams

Teammates love affair award : Button and Hamilton.

Attempted cover up of the year : Ferrari trying their best to convince everyone that it was Massa's decision to let Alonso through in Germany

Successful cover up of the year : Red Bull's flexi wings.

Michael Schumacher defend at all costs award : aLL RACES.

Strategy cock up of the year : Abu Dhabi's Alonso failed attempt.