Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Aug 2001, 01:56 (Ref:132852)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tgf Gives His Trophy To Rb

Yes, I think that's the pay for his promise.

In the celebration for his 4 WDC, TGF has gifted RB with his ultimately gained trophy.

Good one.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 02:45 (Ref:132864)   #2
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And if Rubens had the gonads, he would take that trophy and bash TGF over the head with hit.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 04:37 (Ref:132873)   #3
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A present for shutting his mouth and being an obedient toady.( I will say that I'm sure MS does not look at it that way, but there you go.) His next gift will be a victory. Michael is fully capable of driving in whatever fashion is necessary to achieve it.

Why would Rubens want to keep Michael's trophy? I don't have anyone else's in my trophy case, I can't imagine Ruben's would either. Give it back, RB.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 06:10 (Ref:132880)   #4
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
And if Rubens had the gonads, he would take that trophy and bash TGF over the head with hit.
Couldn't have said it better myself Unknown, what a slap in the face.

Then again, Rubino could sell it on EBAY and with the money take out a contract on TGF
Old 20 Aug 2001, 06:59 (Ref:132894)   #5
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A sporting gesture for once
Old 20 Aug 2001, 09:31 (Ref:132952)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree, great sporting gesture, and perhaps payback for Austria. I think MS would have realised it upset RB quite a bit, and it is a thankyou for a lot of hardwork that RB has put into his Ferrari career.

However, how will he thank Luca???
Old 20 Aug 2001, 12:25 (Ref:133000)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good question. What about Luca ?
Old 20 Aug 2001, 12:48 (Ref:133014)   #8
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i'm sure luca would like him to say:

'here u go luca why don't u drive for me for the rest of the season - while i go on holiday and have a rest'

....... but somehow i can't see that happening!
Old 20 Aug 2001, 12:53 (Ref:133021)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well I guess F1 is a team sport and so it was rather nice of Mickey the Shoe to pass the trophy on to Rory, even if it does make me vommit to admit it.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 12:53 (Ref:133022)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Or could it be Rubens *smiles*
Old 20 Aug 2001, 13:01 (Ref:133028)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
However, how will he thank Luca???
He could give Luca another trophy...

Don't you think it is a little patronising.

Adam
Old 20 Aug 2001, 13:07 (Ref:133029)   #12
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ahhh i think its a really sweet gesture!!! although i can see why some people may find it a little patronizing!!!
Old 20 Aug 2001, 13:36 (Ref:133043)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

What's the use having a trophy you did not win it ?

"Oh, that one is the one Michael gave me whe he won the 2001 hungarian GP and his 4th WDC. Nice isn't it ?"
Old 20 Aug 2001, 15:50 (Ref:133085)   #14
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Rubens will take great pride in having a win gifted to him by TGF.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 16:27 (Ref:133105)   #15
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm very proud to be your slave, my master..., thanks to share your great trophy with me...
Old 20 Aug 2001, 16:38 (Ref:133109)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Old 20 Aug 2001, 16:44 (Ref:133111)   #17
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May TGF just decided to lend it RB untill Corrina prepare the new cupboad to keep his Prizes?
Old 20 Aug 2001, 17:39 (Ref:133134)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Maybe RB could have it made into a new crash helmet and look like Jean Alesi?
Old 20 Aug 2001, 18:01 (Ref:133153)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

...or give to his baby when he's born and say : "Here, that's from a champion..."
Old 20 Aug 2001, 18:08 (Ref:133159)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Oh Bononi, that was wicked!!!
Old 20 Aug 2001, 19:01 (Ref:133205)   #21
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
What's the use having a trophy you did not win it ?
I don't know. Perhaps Rubens can ask Mika Salo what he did with the 1999 German GP Trophy that Eddie Irvine gave him
Old 20 Aug 2001, 19:22 (Ref:133211)   #22
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
"Oh, that one is the one Michael gave me whe he won the 2001 hungarian GP and his 4th WDC. Nice isn't it ?"

If I were Rubens I would be incredibly insulted - if I were him I would tell TGF where to stick his trophy.

AJ, I like the idea about selling it on eBay.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 20:40 (Ref:133265)   #23
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd have done an Alain Prost and dropped it into the crowd. With any luck it would have hit Willi Weber or Jean Todt.

What a stupid and patronizing thing for him to do. "Oh, take this toy and quit crying, you'll win one again some day when I allow you to, but play with this one meanwhile so you don't forget what they look like."

Sell it on eBay and give the money to have masses said for the soul TGF may someday have.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 21:05 (Ref:133283)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

The worst of all is that he accepted...
Old 20 Aug 2001, 22:33 (Ref:133360)   #25
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Its more than just a little tacky...

Last edited by EERO; 20 Aug 2001 at 22:34.