Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Feb 2016, 21:27 (Ref:3616574)   #51
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
That logo was there last year IIRC.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 21:33 (Ref:3616579)   #52
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
That logo was there last year IIRC.
It was on some of the liveries. My mistake.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 22:21 (Ref:3616604)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Every year I'm disappointed there is no tic tac logo.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 14:19 (Ref:3616732)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Every year I'm disappointed there is no tic tac logo.
When did Ferrari cease their association with Tic Tac?
Old 22 Feb 2016, 19:42 (Ref:3616825)   #55
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure. It's probably not been on the car for ten years! Such a shame
Old 23 Feb 2016, 19:49 (Ref:3617113)   #56
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Tic Tac 1999 to 2001
Old 23 Feb 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3617128)   #57
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Tic Tac 1999 to 2001
Their logo also appeared on the Jordan 191.

Who knows maybe Tic Tac will return as a sponsor for Alfa-Romeo?
Old 5 Apr 2016, 20:28 (Ref:3630596)   #58
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
its popping up in a few places but there appears to be a rumour that FIAT are looking to buy Sauber with the intention to brand it as Alfa.

a throw away line near the end of a recent Saward blog post as well as a few other F1 websites (although they are not sites i usually go to for my news).

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2016...afe-georges-v/

other rumours on the interwebs are suggesting that Sauber lacks the money to race in China.

honestly i cant say i am surprised. after their break with BMW and flirting with a renewed Ferrari partnership under the new(ish) rules, Haas in two races have basically made it abundantly clear that Sauber have not been approaching F1 in the correct way.

tremendous respect for Peter Sauber and his team (even have respect for what Kaltenborn has tried to do) but i find myself hoping these rumours are true!
Old 6 Apr 2016, 10:49 (Ref:3630687)   #59
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
An Alfa Romeo-Sauber team does sound pretty tempting.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 10:54 (Ref:3630689)   #60
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
An Alfa Romeo-Sauber team does sound pretty tempting.
Sauber-Romeo sounds good; rolls off the tongue.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 10:57 (Ref:3630690)   #61
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's probably very necessary to sell to a major manufacturer since Bernie won't put his hands in his pocket to help
Old 6 Apr 2016, 11:03 (Ref:3630695)   #62
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
From a cosmetic marketing point of view it's good. Renault have rejoined the ranks and if Alfa decide to partner Sauber, then from the outside it will look like another famous marque is back racing in F1.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 18:28 (Ref:3630769)   #63
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's probably very necessary to sell to a major manufacturer since Bernie won't put his hands in his pocket to help
There's the irony. He spouts off about it being a manufacturer dominated sport but they're the only ones who can afford it.

People can say but what about Haas? It's pretty clear Ferrari have played a huge hand in that team hitting the ground running.

We ain't gonna see any true independents come in anytime soon we're just going to keep losing them.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 18:53 (Ref:3630776)   #64
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
There's the irony. He spouts off about it being a manufacturer dominated sport but they're the only ones who can afford it.

People can say but what about Haas? It's pretty clear Ferrari have played a huge hand in that team hitting the ground running.

We ain't gonna see any true independents come in anytime soon we're just going to keep losing them.
Williams is doing pretty good? (but been in the game for many years, with some poor performing years)
Old 9 Apr 2016, 02:51 (Ref:3631364)   #65
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hear they could take Sauber's entry. Does it have a ground to be serious at that rumour?
Old 9 Apr 2016, 07:08 (Ref:3631391)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Williams is doing pretty good? (but been in the game for many years, with some poor performing years)
Are they? Frank is one of Bernie's old mates so they will always be around (thankfully)

F1 is not viable for a truly independent team in the current climate. No chance.
Old 9 Apr 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3631484)   #67
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
I hear they could take Sauber's entry. Does it have a ground to be serious at that rumour?
I think that rumours are not very serious...
Old 9 Apr 2016, 19:14 (Ref:3631533)   #68
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Sauber-Romeo sounds good; rolls off the tongue.
Sounds as sexy as my missus' name
Old 9 Apr 2016, 19:51 (Ref:3631552)   #69
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Sounds as sexy as my missus' name
What, Sheila?
Old 10 Apr 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3631715)   #70
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
While I'd like to see Alfa back in Formula 1, I'd be sorry to see the Sauber name go. They've done pretty well for an independent team over the years; but they must be attractive to a manufacturer wanting a quick way in because of the BMW-era infrastructure. We'll see if anything comes of this - would Alfa end up effectively as a Ferrari junior team?
Old 11 Apr 2016, 06:45 (Ref:3631817)   #71
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
While I'd like to see Alfa back in Formula 1, I'd be sorry to see the Sauber name go. They've done pretty well for an independent team over the years; but they must be attractive to a manufacturer wanting a quick way in because of the BMW-era infrastructure. We'll see if anything comes of this - would Alfa end up effectively as a Ferrari junior team?
Alongside Haas!!
Old 12 Apr 2016, 08:55 (Ref:3632040)   #72
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Without a shadow of a doubt Alfa would be another Ferrari B-team, and on that basis I think Alfa would be better served doing a WEC program in LMP1......Alfa in F1 sounds nice in principle, but in reality they will never be allowed to win as long as Ferrari are on track, which in my opinion is just BS and just making up the numbers......Alfa-LMP1, now that would be epic......F1 is just a mess and honestly I hope it crashes and burns, then something sensible will rise from the ashes without BE's involvement.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 09:22 (Ref:3632043)   #73
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Without a shadow of a doubt Alfa would be another Ferrari B-team, and on that basis I think Alfa would be better served doing a WEC program in LMP1......Alfa in F1 sounds nice in principle, but in reality they will never be allowed to win as long as Ferrari are on track, which in my opinion is just BS and just making up the numbers......Alfa-LMP1, now that would be epic......F1 is just a mess and honestly I hope it crashes and burns, then something sensible will rise from the ashes without BE's involvement.
Don't forget that Ferrari are no longer a part of the FIAT/Chrysler group, so there is still the possibility that Alfa could remain independent. The only tangible link between the two is that Marchionne remains CEO of both entities.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3632100)   #74
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
so there is still the possibility that Alfa could remain independent.
If the launch of the Giulia is anything to go by they would probably not have their car ready until the last race of the season!
Old 12 Apr 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3632140)   #75
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
F1 is expensive and with the links to the red boys it could be very difficult for alpha to actually gain anything out of the huge amounts they would need to invest in even getting to the mid field, but if the people at the top are real petrol heads then having a race programme is sometimes to tempting to ignore