Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Apr 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3725009)   #16
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Goibuchi the best in 15th place in second race!
Old 19 Apr 2017, 18:54 (Ref:3727829)   #17
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Horrible crash at Donington Park. Billy Monger in a coma with double amputation of lower legs. Dreadful.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 19:18 (Ref:3727837)   #18
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Horrible crash at Donington Park. Billy Monger in a coma with double amputation of lower legs. Dreadful.
How long do post serious crash preliminary findings take to be released?
How close were the nearest flag marshall stations?
Old 19 Apr 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3727849)   #19
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loughborough
Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOGH View Post
How long do post serious crash preliminary findings take to be released?
How close were the nearest flag marshall stations?
This is neither the time nor the place for that discussion.

I know, everyone wants the detail, but that's best left to the people with access to all the information and that takes time to gather.

Yes, friends of mine were involved. No, I'm not trying to protect anyone; this is just the same as an aircraft accident where there's a lot of information to gather which covers a very short timeframe. As I said above, it's best left to the folks with access to all the information to do the work. Hurrying things will only lead to mistakes, and nobody benefits from them.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 20:42 (Ref:3727851)   #20
fergus_r
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disgusting post in the BTCC race thread, which has since been locked. Shame on the poster, who was very much living up to his name.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 21:20 (Ref:3727860)   #21
pimmy
Racer

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't offer anything other than what has already been said. I can only wish Billy as quick and as painless a recovery as possible.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3727876)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope too he recovers easily as possible and as I said on FB he should take heart from Zanardi's story and try to not let him get him down. Although it's sad what has happened it could have been a lot worse
Old 20 Apr 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3727965)   #23
old man
Subscriber
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope too he recovers easily as possible and as I said on FB he should take heart from Zanardi's story and try to not let him get him down. Although it's sad what has happened it could have been a lot worse
The crowd funding is going well and should be supported by all of us.

Like others I would like to know full circumstances but can wait until a full investigation has been done, agree with Greem but we must look for lessons

TV on Sunday handled it well I thought.
Old 20 Apr 2017, 13:47 (Ref:3727969)   #24
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently the Mygale's frontal crash structure was already shown to be inadequate on Australian street circuits, so I'm curious as to whether it will be revised at some point.
Old 20 Apr 2017, 13:47 (Ref:3727970)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
The crowd funding is going well and should be supported by all of us.

Like others I would like to know full circumstances but can wait until a full investigation has been done, agree with Greem but we must look for lessons

TV on Sunday handled it well I thought.

The crowd funding had already exceeded it's target when I first checked last night

Anyway the latest news is that he's awoken from his coma and is already saying he wants to come back to racing sometime
Old 20 Apr 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3727978)   #26
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The crowd funding had already exceeded it's target when I first checked last night

Anyway the latest news is that he's awoken from his coma and is already saying he wants to come back to racing sometime
also because of generous donations by these 2

Old 20 Apr 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3727997)   #27
fergus_r
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
also because of generous donations by these 2

Yes, but you'd hope so because they have the money. Their donations total 30,000- over 500,000 has been raised thanks to thousands of people, not just two.
Old 20 Apr 2017, 18:40 (Ref:3728006)   #28
old man
Subscriber
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am saddened by the whole situation, saddened for Billy himself, his parents, family and the team, we all who have family driving cars know what can happen and take whatever precautions we can. Saddened that the circumstances were such that it could happen, we do need to know why and what can be done in the future.
But I am also saddened that it takes bad news to get the media of all types to talk about racing. It has always been true, and always will be true that bad news gets noticed best. Never could I have been sitting here listening to BBC radio reporting on a National Race of any type, let alone a F4 event, at peak time. It takes them all their time to report on F1, sports/GT rarely get a mention, NIck Tandy somehow managed it last week. Friends actually ask if Le Mans is still run as it used to be 'cos they never hear about it and yet, thankfully in most ways, Billy's accident has been in the news all day.
The media are such hypocrites.
Good luck Billy and your family, WE will always give you our support.
Old 20 Apr 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3728014)   #29
pimmy
Racer

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's typical for the mainstream media, they're vultures. You'll only hear about F1 and MotoGP, unless something terrible happens.
Old 20 Apr 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3728021)   #30
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loughborough
Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!Greem is going for a new world record!
I live in Loughborough, not a million miles from Donington, and several of my neighbours (who know I "play with cars", as I put it) have asked me since Monday whether I knew what had happened. I kept my own counsel, mentioned that I wasn't there as I was at the WEC meeting, and that it certainly looked like a terrible incident.

I'm glad I did, as the outcome - although terrible - is certainly not, so far, as bad as it could have been.

Today, a number of them have mentioned the epic response from the motorsport (and wider) community in terms of fundraising. One of them has even asked if I might be able to take them to see some motorsport as "it isn't that far away".

From little acorns, etc. Good will come of this in many ways.