Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Oct 2001, 21:55 (Ref:167639)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans 1993 Song?

This is probably a question for the "Archair Enthusiast" forum, but I'll give it a whirl here first.

Help me out, will you?

On the SportsSeen Radio Le Mans video from Le Mans 1993 (it's a cracker if you haven't seen it!), there is some good music. Dire Straits, Flock of Seagulls (well, I like that one track anyway!), and there is another song, in which various parts of the circuit are mentioned. Tertre Rouge, "down the Mulsanne Straight", "through Arnage" and so on.

I've always wondered what the song was called (probably "Le Mans", I guess!), and who it was by. Does anyone out there know and is it obtainable anywhere?
Old 31 Oct 2001, 11:16 (Ref:167844)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, I also have this video too and have also wondered what that song is too, and I personal think that the 1993 review video is the best Le Mans review and I have them all going back to 1992. This years is pants, it says it has the Radio Le Mans commentry, but no, it is the same bloke from the last 2 years.
Old 31 Oct 2001, 18:12 (Ref:167996)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They're great videos, rd. I've got them all (starting in '87) and I'm on my second copy of the '88 tape! Yes, I think the '93 one is the best, although Martin Haven's humour does wear just a touch thin by the end (as does his ability to talk over everyone else!).

I was really pleased to read on the cover of this year's tape that they were using the RLM commentary. It's the commentary that made the tapes from 87-95 so good. Like you, I was highly miffed to find that there was no such commentary on the tape. Very disappointing.
Old 1 Nov 2001, 15:03 (Ref:168348)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am currently sat here listening to this Le Mans, and over the last couple of day while trying to do a university assesment and it has kept me going. Radio Le Mans, what a team, what a Radio Station. The commentry is great it just makes me laugh. Long live Radio Le Mans.
Old 2 Nov 2001, 13:56 (Ref:168759)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Agree with you 100% rd. RLM has become one of the essential elements of Le Mans each year. I well remember the introduction in 1987. By the next year, every other head on the tribunes had sprouted earphones or a radio hat! I personally consider Paul Truswell and Ian Titchmarsh to be the best commentators I have ever listened to - bar none. They are so enthusiastic and Truswell in particular is so knowledgable - the enthusiasm is infectious. There's nothing I like more than wandering the circuit in the wee small hours listening to RLM. Just brilliant.

Old 2 Nov 2001, 14:04 (Ref:168763)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RLM is essential!

Does anyone know if there are any plans to realise this years (or any years!) Le Mans videos on DVD? It could include the results and other footage etc. etc...

I really liked the F1 2000 DVD, but Le Mans now that would be good...
Old 2 Nov 2001, 14:08 (Ref:168766)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sounds a good idea, Adam. Duke's latest catalogue has got some DVD's in it, including the F1 2000 one you mention. But no mention of Le Mans.....