Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Where will the WEC US round 2017 be held?
Circuit of the Americas (early September? with PCW?) 17 36.96%
Indy - plenty of history and, more importantly, plenty of run off 6 13.04%
Montreal - close enough to the US border and would serve US N-E audience very well 8 17.39%
Road America - the only right choice but lots of 'upgrading' to do to please the FIA blue blazers 7 15.22%
no US (or Canadian) round at all - the WEC doesn't need a race there anyway... 6 13.04%
somewhere else in North or South America (Brazil???) 2 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Apr 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3725635)   #401
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Pastor won't have tens of millions of anything since oil is worth around the same as a bottle of water at the moment.
He still has a big amount of sponsorship money iirc. It won't be at the same level as his time at Williams and Lotus (I read $25-30million) but whatever he brings I'd bet is more than enough to pay for his being there!
Old 11 Apr 2017, 22:29 (Ref:3725642)   #402
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think he needs to be paid but won't be. What Kolles needs is someone like Maldonado who can bring a good amount of money to the team in terms of sponsorship. If he crashes the car, it's basically the same as the car catching fire last year. The difference is he brings cash and therefore development. If he still has the tens of millions in sponsorship, he could make the team more than a bit better off. Kolles best bet is to go for guys like him and pray he keeps it on the road and his sponsors don't dry up.
I did not know this. Then nothing makes sense. Why they even hired Kubica to begin with, or why did he even accept? And reject later? Did they over promised and under delivered him?
Old 11 Apr 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3725644)   #403
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
It's Colin Kolles. Anyone who knows him from F1 or his association with Audi Sport will know the story.
Old 11 Apr 2017, 23:40 (Ref:3725650)   #404
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I understand the developers may be working out last minute updates, but that has driven me a little crazy in the past with apps like this. Waiting until this week to release tv details seems strange as well.

The app was updated today. There is now the option of the season with or without Le Mans.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3725733)   #405
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kraihamer and Rossiter for ByKolles - http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/rossit...-bykolles/4930
Old 12 Apr 2017, 08:37 (Ref:3725742)   #406
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
It's Colin Kolles. Anyone who knows him from F1 or his association with Audi Sport will know the story.

extreme simplification
Old 16 Apr 2017, 11:37 (Ref:3726882)   #407
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/w...o-gte-in-2018/

I love the idea, but I'm not sure how this will work. The qualifying race idea seems good on the surface but how do you transition a car from a sprint format to an endurance format the next day.

Perhaps the idea is a round on the WEC schedule that is just GTE only. It can be a 3 or 4 hour race too. To help the grid numbers maybe the ELMS GTE AM and GT3 Le Mans cup teams can be invited too.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 14:10 (Ref:3727317)   #408
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A possibility could be running in US a race combined with the IMSA GTLM-GTD field.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 15:06 (Ref:3727334)   #409
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
A possibility could be running in US a race combined with the IMSA GTLM-GTD field.
Seeing that at Lime Rock would be fantastic! But some drivers/team members so double-duty so I don't know how that would work.

4 BMWs, 2 Corvettes, 4 Fords, 4 Porsches, 3 Ferraris, 2 Astons.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 17:13 (Ref:3727793)   #410
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
30 cars at Spa, including a Chandhok driven Ligier lmp2 and Rossiter stays in the CLM through Le Mans. They also should introduce new front bodywork the article says. Good for them because he was easily their fastest driver in both qualifying and the race.
Old 21 Apr 2017, 21:23 (Ref:3728255)   #411
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
WEC Magazin explains why the #7 Toyota didn't get 4th in class points at Silverstone: the ACO changed the rules to make manufacturers' points reflect WEC LMP1/2 drivers' points.
Old 23 Apr 2017, 01:30 (Ref:3728479)   #412
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some random talk relating to F1. I was watching the "the inside line" today and they showed the budgets of the F1 teams, concerning last year.

Ferrari was said to have spent 380m euros, Mercedes 310 or 320m euros, Red Bull some 250m(I think, don't remember too well after Mercedes), Mclaren some 210m. Teams like Williams were spending the level of the VAG LMP1s, ie, 150m.

That's why it shouldn't be too difficult for WEC to attract the likes of Peugeot and etc. They can spend "only" 100-150m euros and have a reasonable shot at winning LM and the championship. The marketing won't be as big as with F1 but car purchasers will eventually know about it, even if they don't follow the series.
Old 24 Apr 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3728913)   #413
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Some random talk relating to F1. I was watching the "the inside line" today and they showed the budgets of the F1 teams, concerning last year.

Ferrari was said to have spent 380m euros, Mercedes 310 or 320m euros, Red Bull some 250m(I think, don't remember too well after Mercedes), Mclaren some 210m. Teams like Williams were spending the level of the VAG LMP1s, ie, 150m.

That's why it shouldn't be too difficult for WEC to attract the likes of Peugeot and etc. They can spend "only" 100-150m euros and have a reasonable shot at winning LM and the championship. The marketing won't be as big as with F1 but car purchasers will eventually know about it, even if they don't follow the series.
Interesting. I wonder what WEC GTE Pro, WEC LMP2, IMSA DPI, and IMSA GTLM would be in comparison as well.
Old 24 Apr 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3728917)   #414
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Interesting. I wonder what WEC GTE Pro, WEC LMP2, IMSA DPI, and IMSA GTLM would be in comparison as well.
My colleague Harald talked to a bunch of guys in the WEC paddock about that at Silverstone. Surprisingly, some of them were very open. Here's what he found out: http://cms3.gt-eins.at/le-mans-wec/1...lassen-der-wec (Might have to run it through Google Translate).
Old 5 May 2017, 03:12 (Ref:3731114)   #415
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
The ACO have issued a clarification on their medical light system: for now, it's advisory/being evaluated, but it's primarily the ACO doctor's discretion as to if a driver should continue.

However, that raises in my mind as many questions as answers, like what should the ACO do in a situlation where there's a high G impact, but the car is clearly drive-able and the driver is clearly OK? I'm thinking Loic Duval for example at LM in '15. He was clearly uninjured, and the car in drivable shape, but I can imagine the light getting triggered just because he spun into the barriers at 190+mph.

Personally, I think that the medical light has more to do with an FIA/ACO concussion protocol than the likelihood of back, neck, or other traumatic injuries, including those with delayed reponses, such as Allan McNish fainting from a concussion at LM '04 after he drove his Audi back to the pits (ironically the same thing that the medical light is intended to prevent/discourage), or the internal injuries that Allan Simonsen died from a few years ago.

Granted, I think that the argument can be made that if the car is movable under it's own power unassisted, a case can probably be made that the driver faired much better than the car. If the car is crippled or stopped, then I think it's fair for the medical personnel to make a judgement. This also isn't like NASCAR (until this season), as the ACO has a traveling safety team with the same main people in it that attend every race.
Old 5 May 2017, 06:38 (Ref:3731132)   #416
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The ACO have issued a clarification on their medical light system: for now, it's advisory/being evaluated, but it's primarily the ACO doctor's discretion as to if a driver should continue.

However, that raises in my mind as many questions as answers, like what should the ACO do in a situlation where there's a high G impact, but the car is clearly drive-able and the driver is clearly OK? I'm thinking Loic Duval for example at LM in '15. He was clearly uninjured, and the car in drivable shape, but I can imagine the light getting triggered just because he spun into the barriers at 190+mph.

Personally, I think that the medical light has more to do with an FIA/ACO concussion protocol than the likelihood of back, neck, or other traumatic injuries, including those with delayed reponses, such as Allan McNish fainting from a concussion at LM '04 after he drove his Audi back to the pits (ironically the same thing that the medical light is intended to prevent/discourage), or the internal injuries that Allan Simonsen died from a few years ago.

Granted, I think that the argument can be made that if the car is movable under it's own power unassisted, a case can probably be made that the driver faired much better than the car. If the car is crippled or stopped, then I think it's fair for the medical personnel to make a judgement. This also isn't like NASCAR (until this season), as the ACO has a traveling safety team with the same main people in it that attend every race.
When the light gets triggered, race control are either informed through an automatic system, or the marshalls will radio saying the light has come on. At that point a doctor in a course vehicle is dispatched. When the doctor is on site, they will make the call whether or not the driver is allowed to continue. So in the case of the driver being clearly uninjured, the doctor will say it's fine to continue.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 00:20 (Ref:3745387)   #417
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Not counting the Rebellion penalty (which the team say they will appeal), here's some other penalties from LM:

Also, there were other penalties issued post race, including the #24 Oreca getting a 35 second time penalty for the crew pushing the car in the pit lane too far, the #49 Ligier getting a two minute penalty for one of it's drivers exceeding the four hour drive time in any 6 hour period.

Not to mention that Roman Rusinov will have to serve a 3 minute stop and hold penalty at Nurburgring for causing a collision with the #88 Porsche, as well as driving the wrong way on track without authorization or appropriate force majure, and cutting the pit entry. He's also essentially on probation for the next three races, as the ACO reserve the right to issue a further 3 minute stop and hold if they deem him at fault for any more incidents over the course of the next 3 WEC races.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3745489)   #418
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not counting the Rebellion penalty (which the team say they will appeal), here's some other penalties from LM:

Also, there were other penalties issued post race, including the #24 Oreca getting a 35 second time penalty for the crew pushing the car in the pit lane too far, the #49 Ligier getting a two minute penalty for one of it's drivers exceeding the four hour drive time in any 6 hour period.

Not to mention that Roman Rusinov will have to serve a 3 minute stop and hold penalty at Nurburgring for causing a collision with the #88 Porsche, as well as driving the wrong way on track without authorization or appropriate force majure, and cutting the pit entry. He's also essentially on probation for the next three races, as the ACO reserve the right to issue a further 3 minute stop and hold if they deem him at fault for any more incidents over the course of the next 3 WEC races.
And escaped a 10 min stop and hold earlier from S365:

"It included driving in the opposite direction of the track, without the approval of a marshal, and entering the pit outside the slip road in the opening hour, after a spin.

Rusinov was due to receive a ten-minute stop-and-hold penalty for that incident, although escaped penalty for driving off the weigh scale without instructions to leave in Free Practice on Wednesday."
Old 20 Jun 2017, 21:35 (Ref:3745607)   #419
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I actually wonder what tire changing method is faster, doing it one wheel at a time per gun, or doing like Porsche have done this year (and Audi from 2000-2006, and they were the first and at the time only ones I saw do this until Porsche this year) where they loosen one wheel, loosen and change one, and hop back and tighten the nut on the first wheel loosened?

Reminder: when Audi did that, the rule was two wheel guns were allowed to be used.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 21:42 (Ref:3745609)   #420
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They really were amazing.

Old 20 Jun 2017, 21:55 (Ref:3745611)   #421
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
For video of what I'm talking about, watch from about 31:20 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M6O7da4r2A&t=1942s
Old 1 Aug 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3756750)   #422
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where do the FIA/ACO post the next races BoP tables? They are out (as S365 has posted it), but I can't find it - public or press section?
Old 15 Aug 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3759593)   #423
MaskedRacer
Veteran

I think for the rest of this season (if you have not already) pretend what the races would look like if the Porsche LMP1s were not running in it.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 21:35 (Ref:3759634)   #424
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I think for the rest of this season (if you have not already) pretend what the races would look like if the Porsche LMP1s were not running in it.
There's no need to do that because at the least SMP Dallara will be there next year and so will ByKolles. Now we wait for Ginetta and Perrinn.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3759635)   #425
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
There's no need to do that because at the least SMP Dallara will be there next year and so will ByKolles. Now we wait for Ginetta and Perrinn.
Perrinn is a joke, SMP dallara is likely. About bykolles, you can't be sure about anything about them.
Some weeks ago, I've read that ginetta finished aero development and can build the car, but are still in negotations with interested teams (rumored manor)