Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 10 Nov 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2579752)   #1
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Chessmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Norden Rallycross and the ERC

With the Norden Rallycross series having prize money, all events in Scandinavia, so less travel costs in these recession hit times, and no ERC round in Norway.
Do people think that Scandinavian drivers will do this rather than the ERC?
Old 10 Nov 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2579756)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well they pretty much all do it anyway

I know Eklund and Isachesen do most of the rounds, and Stecka? I think Riksson does most too.

To be honest though teh Supernational category provies the numbers and major entertainment!
Old 11 Nov 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2580296)   #3
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it doesn't hurt to have Henning Solburg in the line up too! Don't know if he will return next year?

I actually think this sort of series is a good way of giving drivers a chance of better competition without committing to the cost of the ERC.

How about a 'five nations' rallycross championship here (GB, Ireland, France, Holland, Belgium?) - 5 rounds piggybacked on ERC or domestic championship rounds? Might be a way of boosting both domestic and ERC entries too?
Old 13 Nov 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2581623)   #4
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessmsport View Post
Do people think that Scandinavian drivers will do this rather than the ERC?
No, not rather than the ERC but rather than the SRC. I think the RC Norden is sprung from a disappointment of the SRC. And I think that their success is helped by the fact that there is no D1 NRC. But as the history shows you I think that Swedish and Norwegian drivers have the ERC as a goal. But for the drivers that can’t find a budget enough for ERC this is perfect. And for the Supernational boy’s this is a given success. The Supernational class is huge in both Sweden and Norway and this is the only races for them to find out who’s best
Old 14 Nov 2009, 10:52 (Ref:2581803)   #5
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
The Supernational class is huge in both [/FONT]Sweden and Norway and this is the only races for them to find out who’s best

That be Fredrick Tiger then.